+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A good pyro spec.

Soulwalker

Default A good pyro spec.

Can anyone link me one please?

Rift Chaser

For what? PvP? It would be quicker to just tell you what not to get.

Don't get Improved Grounding unless you are going 51 points in. Improved Grounding actually isn't terrible either, but it's not worth 3 points unless you have to.

Pyro is a great tree. There is seriously nothing bad in it and you should really consider going 44 points in, if not 51. You could shed some points from Improved Smoldering Power if you needed to, but that's actually a good one to have too. ("Oh sorry Mr. Void Knight, but I only need about 5 mana to set your head on fire.")

You could skip Improved Ground of Power too, but I like it under the right conditions -- +15% damage and no downside.

Unbreakable Bonds, Flicker, Fire Shield, Pyro Armor....all good stuff for PvP.

You can hardly go wrong with picking skills in a Pyro build.

Also note that Pyros get more DPS the more points you have in the tree ("Burning Bright") so that's another good reason to go at least 44 points in. 44 points is where you pick up Ground of Strength, which is a favorite for PvP.

Soulwalker

What about for PVE? Sorry I should of said.

Pox
    Shadowlander

Not to troll but honestly, the best pyro spec for pve is going necro instead.

Soulwalker

I have War/Nec as my main spec and I know it performs well.

I want a non pet dependant spec aswell, and pyro seems like it'd fit well.

Soulwalker

For a leveling spec, I've been doing Pyro / Ele / Dom using Rocky. The only time I use ground of power is in a Rift, dungeons, on an elite, or if I need to sac it for the shield. For questing grind / leveling i find it just slows me down. 98% of the time, all my charge goes into Smoldering Power so there are no mana issues. I only use internalize charge on bosses. The only downtime really is when you get too many adds and have to drink for health afterward. You'll want at least 1 point in smoldering power so you can cast it during combat. Ele's Burning Ground followed up by Firestorm makes for decent AoE (burning shield and icy shield are nice for this). For single targets, I open with flame bolt (for dmg buff and can cast while running to target) and use fireball as my main nuke / filler, doing cinders / flame bolts / infernos as they proc or as needed. On longer fights / elites, I'll use exposure, ignite, and sometimes countdown. At 36, my build looks like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...hz0xo.xfzszucu
    Probably not the best way to do things, but it works for me!
    -waxar

Soulwalker

Hah, I didn't see that previous post at all... I obviously posted something pet dependent

Ascendant

The best non pet solo spec involving pyros is Pyro/Warlock. This is useful in both solo and instances. The warlock armor, the extra dmg, charge and crit all helps the pyro's dmg and the warlock's dots and dot buffs adds more dmg to countdown and combustion. My current PVE spec is 31 pyro/31 warlock/6 ele. I use the ele so I can dump charge for mana out of combat instead of having to constantly sacrifice life for little chunks at a time. I also get an ice shield which is useful for survivability along with my pyro damage shield. I opted not to go 32 pts in either pyro or warlock because Withering flames wasn't that good and I usually don't need nedra's essence with my two shields.
    Last edited by MoonDragn; 04-07-2011 at 05:55 AM.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...euusuts.xx0R0M

standing in GoP:

fulminate
    heatwave, nenvin's lament, fulminate
    cinderburst (if on instant cast) // or fireball/firebolt until above spells off cd ^
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

+ Reply to Thread