+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: How come some say pyros are not OP?

  1. #1
    Shield of Telara IceDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    663

    Default How come some say pyros are not OP?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yUyYm3n2-Y

    Yeah did you see it? I bet you can find more of those. I bet all wow kids loves this and will roll pyros now if they have not already.

    In the mean while I'm working on my warrior, rogue and mage which I created at the start of the game since I love them all. However, this is turing into warhammer onlines overpowered pyros that never got taken back in line except in Rift, they are more OP than the truly broken game that is warhammer online.

    All pyros has to do is do something like http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...V0V.efueuusuts
    At the earlier days of my mage, which is not lvl 51, that is one of the builds I've used with good success. It however looks extremely OP at 51 with one shooting being a piece of cake.

    Mages are tricky to play, more tricky than my rogue and there should be a reward for those who goes for the mage. But this build is very simple and at the same time OP and trion needs to fix this asap. Or do you think it's fine to one shoot people if you have the damage buff? And without it is possible to take away more than half someones health with 1-3 clics while the target is transformed and can do nothing?
    Last edited by IceDread; 04-07-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    Defiant, since I trust in knowledge.
    Defiant, since religion is false.

  2. #2
    Telaran Ruxen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceDread View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yUyYm3n2-Y

    Yeah did you see it? I bet you can find more of those. I bet all wow kids loves this and will roll pyros now if they have not already.

    In the mean while I'm working on my warrior, rogue and mage which I created at the start of the game since I love them all. However, this is turing into warhammer onlines overpowered pyros that never got taken back in line except in Rift, they are more OP than the truly broken game that is warhammer online.

    All pyros has to do is do something like http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...V0V.efueuusuts
    At the earlier days of my mage, which is not lvl 51, that is one of the builds I've used with good success. It however looks extremely OP at 51 with one shooting being a piece of cake.

    Mages are tricky to play, more tricky than my rogue and there should be a reward for those who goes for the mage. But this build is very simple and at the same time OP and trion needs to fix this asap.
    Oh look... This thread again.

    We all know pyro is OP, the majority of us here are waiting for Trion to do something and smack them back down.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Dhamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Pyros aren't op.

    Pyros with all their CDs available and the WF buff are OP

  4. #4
    Sov
    Sov is offline
    Telaran Sov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceDread View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yUyYm3n2-Y

    Yeah did you see it? I bet you can find more of those. I bet all wow kids loves this and will roll pyros now if they have not already.

    In the mean while I'm working on my warrior, rogue and mage which I created at the start of the game since I love them all. However, this is turing into warhammer onlines overpowered pyros that never got taken back in line except in Rift, they are more OP than the truly broken game that is warhammer online.

    All pyros has to do is do something like http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...V0V.efueuusuts
    At the earlier days of my mage, which is not lvl 51, that is one of the builds I've used with good success. It however looks extremely OP at 51 with one shooting being a piece of cake.

    Mages are tricky to play, more tricky than my rogue and there should be a reward for those who goes for the mage. But this build is very simple and at the same time OP and trion needs to fix this asap. Or do you think it's fine to one shoot people if you have the damage buff? And without it is possible to take away more than half someones health with 1-3 clics while the target is transformed and can do nothing?
    /care

    As mentioned in this thread and another thread, balancing stuff takes time to do. They don't have a magic button to press that reverses all the OPness (lol - p'ness) of a Pyro. So don't waste yours and our time with your pointless crying about something that is probably in the pipeline.

    Or f*ck off back to WoW.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    Pyros aren't op.

    Pyros with all their CDs available and the WF buff are OP
    It's really a question of +spell power, +spell crit and crit damage. I feel like there's something wonky with spell damage scaling in this game, especially for crits.

    I've had Pyros crit me for over 5000 damage. One hit with Fulminate. That's with me wearing every piece of available valor gear up to R3, too.


    When I was a fresh faced level 50, I sure didn't feel overpowered with my mage. I never felt OP the whole way leveling up, doing warfronts all the way.

    Not until I got full T1 + R3 gear did I really start noticing that I'm starting to be seriously overpowered. And mages above me with T2 + R5 gear are just incredible.


    Warriors and rogues are not scaling up the way mages are.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Velsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Funny because my pyro cannot make such numbers,even tho other pyro's hit me for some ridiculous damage.

    Maybe instead of OPness,there is some small exploit/glitch allowing higher numbers (equiping staff + offhand already fixed,so maybe something else)

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Dhamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    It's really a question of +spell power, +spell crit and crit damage. I feel like there's something wonky with spell damage scaling in this game, especially for crits.

    I've had Pyros crit me for over 5000 damage. One hit with Fulminate. That's with me wearing every piece of available valor gear up to R3, too.


    When I was a fresh faced level 50, I sure didn't feel overpowered with my mage. I never felt OP the whole way leveling up, doing warfronts all the way.

    Not until I got full T1 + R3 gear did I really start noticing that I'm starting to be seriously overpowered. And mages above me with T2 + R5 gear are just incredible.


    Warriors and rogues are not scaling up the way mages are.
    And yet pyros are average in PvE at best.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Isn't if funny how the guy edited out the parts in the film when he got his butt kicked and died. Noticed he is on top of the hill at the start of the next sequence next to the rez portal?

  9. #9
    Ascendant TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Oh lookie, the dreaded squirrel toaster rears it's ugly head again. I see my sig is hard at work.

    You can thank Trion and additive math for that BS. It does need to be fixed, but pyro isn't the problem. The mechanics are the problem.

    Nerf pyro and all you will do is ensure that more pyros start squirrel toasting.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

  10. #10
    Ascendant TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    It's amazing that the mage community at large hasn't started retaliating for all the blatant lies being tossed around about pyros and the exploiters who brought about this whole stink in the first place. I think half the problem is that some legit mages are starting to believe the hype going around about pyros being broken. Maybe that's the problem.

    I wonder how angry the rogue and warrior communities would be if every other thread was a sabo or champ screenshot claiming to be from today showing 10k crits from their classes in warfronts.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    won't much matter.. they will nerf pyro just like warriors and you will lose 3/4 of your mage population.

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    Pyros aren't op.

    Pyros with all their CDs available and the WF buff are OP
    ahh, the old 'this class isnt overpowered unless they push all their buttons' argument.

    Warriors werent OP either then, since they had to, ya know, click on titan strike.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vesco View Post
    won't much matter.. they will nerf pyro just like warriors and you will lose 3/4 of your mage population.
    We'll just all switch to warlocks. I'm already switched to half warlock. If you wanna talk about OP, warlocks are much worse than Pyros. They just aren't as obvious.
    Last edited by MoonDragn; 04-07-2011 at 06:18 AM.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Dhamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    ahh, the old 'this class isnt overpowered unless they push all their buttons' argument.

    Warriors werent OP either then, since they had to, ya know, click on titan strike.
    Titan Strike didn't have a 2 minute 45 cooldown, and require a powerup to be as devastating as it was.

    Champions also weren't chronically underwhelming in PvE.

  15. #15
    Ascendant TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    Titan Strike didn't have a 2 minute 45 cooldown, and require a powerup to be as devastating as it was.

    Champions also weren't chronically underwhelming in PvE.
    Never combat warrior enthusiast rhetoric with logic. It's like trying to tear down a brick wall with your forehead.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts