+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Stormcaller: 1 million damage in port scion

Rift Chaser

Default Stormcaller: 1 million damage in port scion

http://thepurge.net/public/2011-04-06_230737.jpg

Notes:
    * My spell power is 641. I have mostly purple gear but am not a geared out mofo. No T2 stuff.
    * R3 PvP gear (my staff is actually just the base favor staff at level 50)
    * If there is an exploit, I don't know how to do it. All I'm doing is Stormcaller AE.
    * This was a normal match. As far as I know nobody was trying to draw it out.

Granted Port Scion is close quarters and I was hitting A LOT of people on the bridge for a very long time.

My real suspicion is that spell power doesn't scale correctly. When I was a fresh faced level 50, I felt my mage was underpowered killfodder. Now that I have T1+R3 gear, I'm a god among men.

Incidentally, there was a pyro that could consistently kill me in literally 3 seconds, so it's not just stormcallers. Heck, I sometimes top damage charts with my Chloro, which is just sad.

I think what we're really seeing here is a serious problem with gear and scaling. Mages are going off the charts as they gear up.
    Last edited by Slamz; 04-06-2011 at 11:55 PM.

fun fun

/10c

Plane Touched

And what's the point, you're not killing much people...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhain View Post
    And what's the point, you're not killing much people...
    Only 1 person got more killing blows than me, and that was an insta-kill squirrel-and-nuke pyro.

So it's not just a question of high numbers due to AE. It's also high damage to individual people, which is why I got so many killing blows.

Champion of Telara

You spammed worthless aoe. Many other people have done this. Why does this thread exist?
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    You spammed worthless aoe. Many other people have done this. Why does this thread exist?
    In what way is it worthless?

I killed more than anyone on my team!

I got more killing blows than everyone except 1 person on the other team.

This thread exists because there is obviously a problem with mage damage.

Frankly even if my killing blows were 0, doing 1 million damage during a normal port scion is pretty excessive. I'd like to see the rogue, cleric or warrior build that can do that, killing blows or no.

Shield of Telara

pug + scrub = aoe spec

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    In what way is it worthless?

I killed more than anyone on my team!

I got more killing blows than everyone except 1 person on the other team.

This thread exists because there is obviously a problem with mage damage.

Frankly even if my killing blows were 0, doing 1 million damage during a normal port scion is pretty excessive. I'd like to see the rogue, cleric or warrior build that can do that, killing blows or no.
    No you didn't, you happened to have your ****ty aoes hit people who others had gotten low. You didn't really "kill" anyone on your own.

I can't believe how excited you are about this - just look at the chat in your ss ffs. WTF? Any ranged spec with AOE can top 1million+ in a port scion if they do nothing but AoE for whole games, but most people realize doing this is useless so they ~don't do it~
    Last edited by faction; 04-07-2011 at 01:02 AM.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Shield of Telara

not impressive since you're facing defiants, which probably had 1 dps cleric, i have yet to see a defiant pic of this happening lol, all are for guardians who have many healers, god damn defiants are gimps!

Champion of Telara

Don't read too much into the kb's or damage numbers.

The reason they are saying that is because in this game you have to be doing single target damage and good dps to really kill people. AoE spells are easily outhealed by hots and such.

It can still be useful, but if that is all you are doing, then you not using it only when it's useful. Get 2 or 3 more people also doing AoE and then it becomes really strong for example. Or if a team has little to no healing, you can hurt them a good bit with AoE, especially if they insist on being grouped up enough.

Plus, if you don't have 2 or 3, then it's messy and you could be hurting your team. Let's say I CC a guy. And here you come with your AOE breaking my CC, and I end up getting killed, or the healer gets away and heals the team, meanwhile you're damage stats are ticking sure, but the guy is getting healed to full over and over because they have a bard, so in the end, all you did was get nice pretty stats on the scoreboard and your teammates are dieing around you.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    No you didn't, you happened to have your ****ty aoes hit people who others had gotten low. You didn't really "kill" anyone on your own.

I can't believe how excited you are about this - just look at the chat in your ss ffs. WTF? Any ranged spec with AOE can top 1million+ in a port scion if they do nothing but AoE for whole games, but most people realize doing this is useless so they ~don't do it~
    Useless? In what way is it useless? By not being able to burst people down in a few seconds?

A good team with a good AoEr will be a destructive force. Good damaging AoE puts all the healers on the other into direct defensive, and with the AoE damage Stormcaller can put out, it puts them on their toes immensely. With the Clerics distracted, it's easy enough for the melee and other solo DPSers to go in and reap their rewards so to speak. The clerics will have to deal with raid wide damage, as well as intense focusing down.

Far from useless. It's the people that thinks it's useless who end up dieing from it.

Just as useless as the times I've done over 1 million. You still lost the game. Point?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    not impressive since you're facing defiants, which probably had 1 dps cleric, i have yet to see a defiant pic of this happening lol, all are for guardians who have many healers, god damn defiants are gimps!
    This is on a PvP server. We have more Defiants than Guardians and it's usually the Defiants winning. Take a look at the screenshots -- their top damage dealers were dying less than ours.

You can't see their healers because they rely mostly on clerics but you can see from the "healing taken" that they had healers. Their top damage dealer got the same amount of healing received as me -- 250k.

I dunno if it's like this on most PvP servers, but Guardians are the underdogs on our server cluster. We very rarely have a good healing cleric. Most of my healing came from a bard and a chloro.

What inspired me to this build was actually a Defiant stormcaller that was doing this to us. He just melts people. Contrary to what faction is trying to say, a geared up stormcaller's AE will melt your face.

I need to start parsing it but I bet I deal more single-target DPS with my AEs in a crowded situation like this than any warrior can deal to any single target under any condition.

The ONLY soul that can deal more single target DPS than me is a pyro, and that's assuming he gets some good procs. (I switched to stormcaller from pyro, in fact.)

Plane Walker

I am sorry, the only thing your screenshot proved is that Durama is WAY better PLAYER than you (before raging like a kid, finish reading the post).

Let's check your stats (btw that chat message is lame):

You: 1 mill dmg done, 19 KBs, that means that it took you about 50k damage per KB, which, tbh, while appliying pressure, is not so much. I have seen pyros doing 1 mill dmg and 70 KBs, now that's scary!

Durama: 450k dmg done, 28 KBs, roughly 16k per KB, way more effective than you (yes, we know he is pyro, but keep reading)

Now the funny thing comes with the damage taken, deaths and healing taken, let's have a laughter:

You: 350k damage taken, 250k healing taken (HIGHEST of the screenshot), and 7 deaths. So, basicly you have a pocket healer, spamming heal on an easily CC able target (a silence = you r unable to cast, and prolly stand where you are, smashing buttons wondering why they don't work while your buddy healer is spamming his arse off on you). It tells me that you use no terrain to your advantage, know nothing about when to retreat and only pressy 3-4 buttons to aoe and think you are good. Do NOT tell us that you have no dedicated healer, else everyone would take similar healings which is NOT what this SS shows.

Durama: 90k damage taken, 80k healing taken. Taking into consideration his 30% of dmg reduction, we can do some math, 90k = 70% then 130k = 100%, so let's say he took 130k dmg if he was not in GOS, he is IMMOBILE, and still took about 30% of your damage taken. And on top of that, he died ONLY ONCE.

So... which conclusion do we get? That a SCer with a spamming happy cleric buddy and horrible skills come here boasting about his "skill" and his kills and saying that SC is unbalanced, way to go, showing off with a /yell afterwards just make real pvpers laugh at your "capacity" pvp-wise. Stop posting this kind of thread, it only gives false facts.
    Last edited by noche; 04-07-2011 at 01:24 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    Just as useless as the times I've done over 1 million. You still lost the game. Point?
    Still need people to run shards.

I can't do everything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast