+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VIDEO: My Pyro adventures at Codex.

Rift Master

Default VIDEO: My Pyro adventures at Codex.

oops wrong forum for OP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmBkyTiGX0I

So Guardians gave up after we capped em back to spawn I wanted more action!

Any play tips?

Sorry for the choppiness in the first two minutes and the countdown.

Best watched in 720p and popped out if you want to read the raid chat at all? I didn't see any of the 'Pyro turrets' on their team Conway mentioned.
    Last edited by Mezkh; 04-06-2011 at 08:52 PM.

General of Telara

its a good exemple of a pyro. seemed boring though.

We see youre damage with the powerball (red wings) and without. Perhaps player will stop crying now. Damage is fine without the wings. The problem is GoS.

I dont know who was with you but often you reached the target when he was at 50% health, someone was hitting pretty hard.

Rift Master

True. I was surprised by how low come of my damage seemed actually. I've got somewhere around 850 SP atm.

General of Telara

with the orb i would say nerf pyro, without it , i dont know why people cry about it

Plane Touched

A. Additive damage reduction means GoS + PvP soul = extreme survivability in general. (-80% incoming, stuff like that)

B. GoS makes mages CC immune, and getting resists is much harder than getting armor/parry, so CC is the main way to slow down mage DPS. Sabs used to ignore both as well, now just dodge afaik.

C. Mage scaling with spell power vs attack power shoves cinder + fulminate into the one-shot-zone, while others only get a noticeable boost. You can also kill people with 3 instants (cinder proc as one) even without red buff, if you get enough party buffs to crit consistently.

D. Combination of A and B makes C a much bigger problem, even more then when sabs could do it.

Not hard to see why. You can call it poor mechanics design if you want, I'm just going to get my rogue to R6 then level my alts or something at this point. /sigh

+ Reply to Thread