+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: (Mage) Pets Possibly Bugged - REPRODUCIBLE!

Default (Mage) Pets Possibly Bugged - REPRODUCIBLE!

I'm loathe to cross-post, but seeing as this generated zero interest on the mage forums, I figured I'd put it here to see if it got any better response:

I found what I believe to be a bug in the behavior of mage pets this afternoon. And yes, I did submit a bug report online.

I attempted this repeatedly under different roles (elementalist and necromancer), and it seems to be a flaw in the pet's AI.

If it a pet is stunned by a mob (haven't checked for PvP yet), when the stun expires the pet refuses to attack, even if issued a direct command to do so. I tried changing pets, varying the stance of the pet (passive, defensive and aggressive) and it failed to recover from a stun and resume attacking every time. This behavior is absolutely and consistently repeatable, I tried a couple dozen times to be sure.

The only work-around I found was to issue a quick summon of the pet in combat, which effectively gives you a new pet. This new pet will attack normally.

Hoping someone sees this that can look into it. Thanks.

I haven't tried this with other callings' pet classes. I'd be grateful if some beastmasters, druids or rangers would like to check this out and report back.

Proudly hitching dreams to stars for over fifty years!

Took the time to capture some video (man, I love that new feature!) It clearly shows my mage (in this case, a necro) targeting a stealthed mob. The mob stuns the pet, and after the stun the pet just stands there while the mob turns its attention to me, despite me spamming the "attack" button. Only after I change the pet's stance and then tell it to attack does it "wake up" and begin attacking the target.

I can also reproduce this exact same behavior on an elementalist. Consistently.

Seems like a wee bug to me.

Here's the link to the video.

http://youtu.be/zuCrYQtarKo

Rift Disciple

Ive had the same bug happen to me, fortunately I can make a new pet instantly and the bug doesnt happen often enough for it to be a huge concern but definitely something that needs fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargeezer View Post
    I'm loathe to cross-post, but seeing as this generated zero interest on the mage forums, I figured I'd put it here to see if it got any better response:

I found what I believe to be a bug in the behavior of mage pets this afternoon. And yes, I did submit a bug report online.

I attempted this repeatedly under different roles (elementalist and necromancer), and it seems to be a flaw in the pet's AI.

If it a pet is stunned by a mob (haven't checked for PvP yet), when the stun expires the pet refuses to attack, even if issued a direct command to do so. I tried changing pets, varying the stance of the pet (passive, defensive and aggressive) and it failed to recover from a stun and resume attacking every time. This behavior is absolutely and consistently repeatable, I tried a couple dozen times to be sure.

The only work-around I found was to issue a quick summon of the pet in combat, which effectively gives you a new pet. This new pet will attack normally.

I haven't tried this with other callings' pet classes. I'd be grateful if some beastmasters, druids or rangers would like to check this out and report back.
    As a ranger, I have noticed that my pig does same thing sometimes but I haven't tried to figure out the reason. I've had to re-summon it each time.
    Last edited by Omikon; 04-07-2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: typos
    -= Omikon =-

Quote Originally Posted by Kagami View Post
    Im lying? It amaze me how some dumpster clown on this forum can be so dumb, calling to those who call me trolls too.

Took the time to capture some video (man, I love that new feature!)
    it's F**king wicked isn't it?
    Last edited by Krytoss; 04-07-2011 at 07:27 AM.
    I need a girl whose name doesn't end in .JPG...

My advice: Ditch the pet altogether and spec like a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutolli View Post
    I'll do that when you start paying my subscription fees.

Soulwalker

Good info, Stargeezer!

My baby rogue's pet was becoming uncontrollable at various intervals last night - I didn't spend too much time trying to sort it out. Sounds like I probably hit the same thing. I'll try stance-dancing with the pet tonight to see if that resolves it -- much quicker than re-summoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutolli View Post
    Says the guy with the pet:

"Hi there! I'm Brutol. I'm a level 29 Mage with Pyro, Elementalist and Chloro roles."
    And, as another person with ADD I find this banana is delicious and washes down well with Tea For Two is an excellent song by Led Zeppelin from the album Presence of mind to at least not eat fast food today is the longest day at work it out, we can work it out... ~joen00b

Quote Originally Posted by zorah View Post
    Good info, Stargeezer!

My baby rogue's pet was becoming uncontrollable at various intervals last night - I didn't spend too much time trying to sort it out. Sounds like I probably hit the same thing. I'll try stance-dancing with the pet tonight to see if that resolves it -- much quicker than re-summoning.
    That's some good data, zorah. Up until this post, I wasn't sure if it just affected mage pets, but we've already had confirmation that rangers are also impacted by this apparent bug. Would be interesting to hear if druids and beastmasters are also having problems.

Bump for great justice (even though Im playing a tank now lol)

@Moderators:

Oy vey. You know, I don't complain much, but there was a reason I put this thread in the General Discussion forum. If you read the context and development of the thread, you'll find that this is affecting more than just mages, but other pet classes as well. I'd prefer that it be left where other callings/souls with pets could provide some useful feedback to the developers.

Kindly consider moving it back so other folks can see and perhaps provide additional comments and data. And please don't assume in the future that just because a thread has a certain keyword in the topic, you simply move the thread in Pavlovian fashion without checking the context first.

Thanks.

Rift Master

Oh...so that's what's happening in pvp. I've been wondering. Pet just stands there, looking stupid until he dies. Of course in port scion, you spend about 50% of your time stunned, so pet was utterly useless.

I have another bug that is related to pets.

Some invasion/rift mobs seem to be able to take greatly reduced damage from pets.

This still hasn't been addressed, you guys know anything about it?

Usually I can get my pet to attack again by putting him on defensive and either right clicking the mob or casting a spell. I rarely have to re-summon it, though.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast