+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: so i played dom

Shadowlander

Default so i played dom

so ill admite, pyro is preety good, but dom an almost strick pvp builds is absolutly worthless atm, ideas? critizesm?

Shadowlander

ok so, atm fire is the only fesable spec to play as a mage, if not u got roflstomped

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva domini View Post
    ok so, atm fire is the only fesable spec to play as a mage, if not u got roflstomped
    Nah.

1: Cast Storm Shackle (preferably with Micro-Burst)
    2: Laugh as the person is rooted and can't move
    3: Laugh more when they DO move and proceed to repeatedly damage everyone around them.
    ---> This is particularly awesome when they are carrying the Fang of Regulos and are surrounded by their healers
    4: Randomly cast insta-squirrel on people just to piss them off

I'm loving Dom at the moment ;)

Drain mana
    Debuff heals (inbound)
    Debuff heals (outbound)
    Lightning Shackle
    Lethargy (you do have 10 into Archmage, right?)
    Squirrel important targets that are currently freecasting
    Squirrel any warrior flying at you
    Drain mana
    Laugh at frustrated healers who engage you in melee

Pretty much ruin the day of anyone trying to do anything important. Healers? Flag carriers? Pyros with too much mana (spell reflect yourself whey they go for a big cast). You won't be topping the heal or dps charts but you'll be making sure that their team isn't doing so well either.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

That's what I love.

Ruining someone's day.

Go DOMINATOR!!!

Dominator is amazing if you learn what moves to use and when, hell I run lock/dom/archmage for PvP and it's got a fair amount of damage with absolutely amazing utility if I play my cards right.

Just get some practice in with your moves, perhaps duel some friends a little.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

Rift Chaser

I swear are mages the only ones who don't think a soul is useless if it can't top the parsers?

Rift Disciple

Seriously, I feel dirty playing a dominator in pvp. You have *so* much control its ridiculous. Try casting arresting presence on those healers and casters sitting across the gap in codex, and watch the hilarity. Squirrel that warrior who's messing up your bard healer, and drop mass exhaustion on groups of casters. Drain that cleric healer dry, and storm shackle those rogues. There are *so* many things you can do to just ruin everyone else's day, and you're very durable as you have several instant stuns and roots, not to mention instant squirrel that is difficult to break.

Learn all the stuff you can do, and trust me, you will find that dominator is *very* well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconax View Post
    Seriously, I feel dirty playing a dominator in pvp. You have *so* much control its ridiculous. Try casting arresting presence on those healers and casters sitting across the gap in codex, and watch the hilarity. Squirrel that warrior who's messing up your bard healer, and drop mass exhaustion on groups of casters. Drain that cleric healer dry, and storm shackle those rogues. There are *so* many things you can do to just ruin everyone else's day, and you're very durable as you have several instant stuns and roots, not to mention instant squirrel that is difficult to break.

Learn all the stuff you can do, and trust me, you will find that dominator is *very* well worth it.
    Actually, everyone should just shut up so no one else figures this out! Then it will be all "QQ DOMS NERF TIEM NAO"

(Also, storm shackle on enemy pets as they run through a bunch of enemies is kinda funny as well, as the pet has no idea what it's doing to the rest of its team...)

Soulwalker

Im taking notes... lol the cc side of dom is new to me but i use a dom/pyro build in pvp and especially 1v1 its insanely op and has massive sustaineable cast times when you use squirrel for its 50% cast reduction ever couple shots. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...0bk.tfzc0hsdxo (

my rotaion looks something like this (for damage only)

Heatwave
    split personality
    squirrel
    (at thi point i now have about .5 sec cast time)
    cinder burst
    fireball
    fireball
    squirrel
    etc
    etc

the squirrel thown in is the trick to longer fights keeping dps up while while on cool downs.

Telaran

Default hehe

yea spell reflect as a pyro winds up, watch him crit himself in face for absurd amounts while i have yet to do this personally i've seen effects in WoW via warriors spell reflect and its devastating against anyone has a long wind up cast. not so sure about a deep dom build but i will say insta squirrel, spell reflect and mana drain are devastating when i was doing pvp for my pvp soul i was spamming mana drain on clerics, it was fairly effective back before 1.1 i think got nerfed slightly but probably still useful.

They nerfed the mana wrench quite a bit by making it drain only a percentage of the *enemy's* mana instead of a percentage of your own mana.

You could stack a whole lot of intellect and have a giant mana pool, and sap the others dry very quickly.

Sadly this is no longer the case, and also applies in PvE

Soulwalker

I've been playing Dom/Chloro/Arch and I love it. People are right you won't top the charts on anything but if you play it right you can be a game changer. So many tools though this spec does take some practice, I'm still learning it myself

More of a general comment about the ascended soul system but most callings seem to have a number of 'tools'... I think that's why it's interesting to investigate the other callings My main is a void knight, he can LOTS of interesting things to annoy people, but not as many as the dom ;)

I think dom is more powerful in the Black Garden due to the numerous horrible things you can inflict on the fang carrier (50% healing reduction, silence if they are casting heals, squirrel, storm shackle... I can continue); haven't had much experience in the Codex yet but we'll see ...

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Leinna View Post
    Nah.

1: Cast Storm Shackle (preferably with Micro-Burst)
    2: Laugh as the person is rooted and can't move
    3: Laugh more when they DO move and proceed to repeatedly damage everyone around them.
    ---> This is particularly awesome when they are carrying the Fang of Regulos and are surrounded by their healers
    4: Randomly cast insta-squirrel on people just to piss them off

I'm loving Dom at the moment ;)
    Here's what usually happens:

1: Cast Storm Shackle. Add 1 second to the cast time because you're getting hit by a random AoE. Interrupted by an AoE silence.
    2: Try to cast again 5 seconds later. The word 'Immune' pops up over your opponent's head.
    3: Your opponent moves and deals ~500 short range AoE damage up to 3 times (immune or not, the damage component still works... nerf inc) that is instantly AoE healed by a nearby cleric and pretty ineffective.
    4: Randomly cast insta-squirrel on people to find them immune or watch them instantly use Break Free.

woot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast