+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage Pets Bugged...Repeatable

Default Mage Pets Bugged...Repeatable

I found what I believe to be a bug in the behavior of mage pets this afternoon. And yes, I did submit a bug report online.

I attempted this repeatedly under different roles (elementalist and necromancer), and it seems to be a flaw in the pet's AI.

If it a pet is stunned by a mob (haven't checked for PvP yet), when the stun expires the pet refuses to attack, even if issued a direct command to do so. I tried changing pets, varying the stance of the pet (passive, defensive and aggressive) and it failed to recover from a stun and resume attacking every time. This behavior is absolutely and consistently repeatable, I tried a couple dozen times to be sure.

The only work-around I found was to issue a quick summon of the pet in combat, which effectively gives you a new pet. This new pet will attack normally.

Hoping someone sees this that can look into it. Thanks.

EDIT: I haven't tried this with other callings' pet classes. I'd be grateful if some beastmasters, druids or rangers would like to check this out and report back.
    Last edited by Stargeezer; 04-06-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Proudly hitching dreams to stars for over fifty years!

Wow...88 views and nuthin'. /boggle

Soulwalker

I have had some minor issues with my pet not attacking stuff when told to untill I attack it.
    In many situations I want my pet to run in and pick up 3-4 mobs while I mow them down one at a time or use it as a sacrifical lamb to get out of somewhere.
    I don't know if there is just an attacking issue or if the pet itself is just not reacting the way we would expect.
    I have not made it into situations where my pet is stunned yet but time will tell.

I'm going to try to get on later and capture some video to illustrate the issue. Stay tuned...

I don't remember this stun thing happening for me but a lot of time it happened that my pet refused to attack a target with the pet attack command while out of combat (to start a distance pull). I'm wondering if some objects in the path or los would block or perhaps a max range ?

I'll have to do more tests about this because i didn't care that much, throwed a spell at mob and resume.

Shadowlander

Exact same thing happening to me. It fixed for me when i pressed "Passive" then back to "Defensive" again, and it started to attack when I did.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Drexlorn View Post
    I don't remember this stun thing happening for me but a lot of time it happened that my pet refused to attack a target with the pet attack command while out of combat (to start a distance pull). I'm wondering if some objects in the path or los would block or perhaps a max range ?

I'll have to do more tests about this because i didn't care that much, throwed a spell at mob and resume.
    I dont think its possible for your pet to have a range.... And this is going from all the damn hunters and enemy warlocks I've fought.. your at codex and there masters at the Vault. Yet the pets still harassing you.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    i spam the **** out of fulminate, in fact it's the only skill i need on my bar

<3 u fulminate

Quote Originally Posted by Nexroth View Post
    Exact same thing happening to me. It fixed for me when i pressed "Passive" then back to "Defensive" again, and it started to attack when I did.
    Precisely this! While I was capturing the video (see below for link) I discovered he'd "snap out" of his attitude if you changed his stance mid-combat. I noted this in captions during the video. Please check out.

http://youtu.be/zuCrYQtarKo

oh, that might explain before sometime i switch him to passive to run out some trains (and these must be snaring/ccing him on the run)...

So perhaps upon CC (and snaring?) the mobs fall into passive mode. That's why you are required to click on the attack skill or switch passive/defensive to correct the problem.

We should check that with a dev.

Also, it may be that the pet interprets the CC on him like a CC on target, which makes him stop.
    Last edited by Drexlorn; 04-07-2011 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexlorn View Post
    oh, that might explain before sometime i switch him to passive to run out some trains (and these must be snaring/ccing him on the run)...

So perhaps upon CC (and snaring?) the mobs fall into passive mode. That's why you are required to click on the attack skill or switch passive/defensive to correct the problem.

We should check that with a dev.

Also, it may be that the pet interprets the CC on him like a CC on target, which makes him stop.
    I haven't tested it with other forms of CC, but it most definitely happens with stun. Hitting the attack button will not remedy this (in the video, I repeated press the attack command, but the pet just stands there.) The only ways of correcting this are to either issue a new stance command during combat (for instance, from passive to defensive) and THEN hitting your attack button. Or using your insta-summon to pull up a fresh pet (which is a pain and blows a 1m cooldown, and you never know when you're gonna need it!)

+ Reply to Thread