+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 5 Man Chloromancer build

Telaran

Default 5 Man Chloromancer build

Archon

VS

Warlock

I am still going back and forth on this can someone help me out? I would prefer not to roll with two different chloro specs so for 5 mans what is going to end up being better?

I understand that archon in raids would end up being a total crap shoot so I am leaning towards warlock... However the buffs are quite nice to have in your avg 5 man group. Even though bard buffs do tend to kill some of our buffs.

Rift Disciple

Archon.

Chances are pretty good that if you're in a group and Chloro spec'd, you're not there to be top DPS, you're there to be heals or backup heals, so buffs = good.

On the upside, you really ARE more DPS than a Warlock spec. You have to take into account those buffs you're giving: Boosts to base Stats (For example, 40 INT and WIS from Vitality of Stone is an extra 400 Mana, 40 Spellpower, and 40 points of Spell Crit for the other casters in your group), and occasional bonuses to damage, and spell/attack power.

Plus, you also increase the damage the group does to a target with your debuffs, and improve your own damage and healing a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I like Warlock/Chloro builds, but I personally go Chlorochon for groups because it brings more to the table.
    Imri <Evolution> Defiant Mage Greybriar
    Dimension(s):
    Hermits Hollow on Greybriar
    Serene Villa on Greybriar

If I'm main-healing our experts I go Chlorolock for more heals with less work and because of the defensive CDs. Essence Surge pulls aggro a lot of times and Neddra's Essence saves my ***. If I'm not the main healer, I run Chlorochon because the buffs/debuffs are sooo good. With four abilities, a Chlorochon can increase the physical damage against a target by 20% and the magical damage against a target by 22%. Chlorochon is a lot of work though. Constantly casting and recasting and recasting and casting and recasting. And casting. Fun and rewarding though if you're good at it.
    DUGAN

Soulwalker

Default Mana management?

I want to preface this with the fact that I'm not even level 50 yet, and I haven't done THAT much chloro healing during the level-up.

Wouldn't the chloro/lock be a better option simply because your mana is essentially unlimited? Or are fights not long enough for that to matter?

Telaran

Leeching flames means you dont run out of mana....EVER =)

Soulwalker

Ah that was stupid of me, I see it now. Thanks!

I like chloro/archon better, I bring more to the group that way, and there is always something else I can be doing when the tank's HP are good, which I like. If you want more of a chill healing build where you don't have to manage all the buffs/debuffs, chloro/lock is great for that. Just depends on your playstyle.

Oh, and ditch efficiency in your Archon build, it's not worth the points!
    --Quinalla, Mage of TOSH on Reclaimer

Quote Originally Posted by blbjtb View Post
    Leeching flames means you dont run out of mana....EVER =)
    Living shield already means that.
    I'm that guy.

Chlorochon never runs out of mana. Ever. Between mana on spell crit and leeching flames you're never low on mana. And chloro also gets the lovely mana returning damage absorbing shield. Not an issue. I use chlorochon for 5 mans that I'm not overly concerned about taking damage on. For fights where my survival is in question, or anytime there's an archon in the group/raid, it's chlorock all the way.
    Last edited by Tetragrammaton; 04-06-2011 at 12:29 PM.
    The gates of Auschwitz were not opened with peace talks. Holland was not liberated by peacekeepers and fascism was not defeated with a deft pen - Rick Mercer

Telaran

Rift Disciple

Archon buffs, while nice, scale with the number of people you can buff with it. When you have only 5 people, the total net effect is still pretty small.

For 5 mans, I prefer chloro/necro.
    Doesn't have as much tank healing (throughput) as chloro/lock, but does provide more support healing for the rest of the group, an offensive dispel, feign death, and the ability to heal effectively through essence surge debuff. Also has the ability to use charge to heal yourself.

I also like the synergy of life shift with nature's touch. 2.5s cast time on NT with a 6s cd. That leaves 3.5s till its available again. You can cast 2 1.5s/instant spells, and then have to decide between a third, or waste a half a second for Nature's Touch. With chloro/necro, I can use a life shift plus one gcd between Nature's Touch effectively.

Any good chloro would say chlorolock.

The insane +% damaging buffs from Warlock = More healing.

It also gives you more survivability than archon.

Really, archons buffs only live up to their expectations in Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Avyn View Post
    Any good chloro would say chlorolock.

The insane +% damaging buffs from Warlock = More healing.

It also gives you more survivability than archon.

Really, archons buffs only live up to their expectations in Raids.
    Now Archon buffs (self buffs) put you higher than Chlorolock but take away too much time and effort to maintain during fights. You lose some charge from Rock Slide. You also lose a 1.5 second vile spore for pillaging stone. and a GCD for searing vit.

After the archon self buffs are maximized they win in healing/dps but Chlorolocks are constant. It is a good debate on which one is better but its about the flavor of the player.

You realise you can have Pillaging stone and searing vitality wihtout putting any points in archon?

Telaran

It really depends on what you are doing in that 5 man. If you main healing you don't have alot of time to recast archon stuff so lock tends to be better with all the passive stuff and survivability but if you are off/backup healer then archon is better as you have time to cast your archon stuff at least imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast