+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 Point necro build

Ascendant

Default 51 Point necro build

Has anyone tested the pet damage to see if its really worth going 51 points for? The end skills aren't all that great, at least on paper, but that 2% additional pet damage per point in the tree sounds awful tasty.

Telaran

I play a 51 Necro / Warlock in T1 / T2 right now, and I love it. Since Empty the Crypts can be used and I can still gain charge I pop it every 90sec. Mass Grave = a huge amount of spike damage for it's 30sec duration, and if you combine either, or both, with Lich form it's all the sweeter.

I play on a PVP server and I even use it for PVP sometimes. I do lose the extra CC from Warlock tree, but having 3 pets burn someone down in a matter of seconds is oh so satisfying.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riftforpresident View Post
    I play a 51 Necro / Warlock in T1 / T2 right now, and I love it. Since Empty the Crypts can be used and I can still gain charge I pop it every 90sec. Mass Grave = a huge amount of spike damage for it's 30sec duration, and if you combine either, or both, with Lich form it's all the sweeter.

I play on a PVP server and I even use it for PVP sometimes. I do lose the extra CC from Warlock tree, but having 3 pets burn someone down in a matter of seconds is oh so satisfying.
    I play on a pvp server too and I've been leaning toward a 51 point necro build more and more. I love necros, always have, and I was hoping going 51 points would be worth it for the pet damage

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    I play on a pvp server too and I've been leaning toward a 51 point necro build more and more. I love necros, always have, and I was hoping going 51 points would be worth it for the pet damage
    Either of you have any numbers parsed? Curious to see.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheHangman View Post
    Either of you have any numbers parsed? Curious to see.
    I haven't, I'm not 50 yet on my necro, still workin on it ;)

I think empty the crypts is a really bad skill. Takes way too long to cast, and when you finally get it off the skeletons just stand there for a couple seconds before they actually attack anything. also, the end skills don't seem worth a constant +20% damage, +5% crit that warlock gives you, not to mention missing out on great skills like devouring shadows, mortality etc.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by lol u mad? View Post
    I think empty the crypts is a really bad skill. Takes way too long to cast
    If it's not being casted instantly you're not using it correctly.

Plane Touched

I think empty the crypts is a really bad skill. Takes way too long to cast, and when you finally get it off the skeletons just stand there for a couple seconds before they actually attack anything. also, the end skills don't seem worth a constant +20% damage, +5% crit that warlock gives you, not to mention missing out on great skills like devouring shadows, mortality etc.
    exhume is your friend. mortality is "meh" since its pbaoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrolock View Post
    exhume is your friend. mortality is "meh" since its pbaoe.
    Well I feel dumb, never realized exhume works on this.

Edit: Forgot that exhume is off GCD, but I'd still prefer the skeletons to not stand around for a few seconds looking dumb
    Last edited by lol r u mad; 04-06-2011 at 01:41 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Ascendant

Same here, learned something new today

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Same here, learned something new today
    lmfao, i didn't realize that either. Dude we suck!

I've been messing with a 51 point warlock build and I'm kind of meh about it. It seems far too reliant on cool downs unfortunately. 3 minute cooldown on the 80% mitigation, 3 minute cool down on the +50% hp/heal, 1 minute cool down on +75% damage (but you'll want this fully charged so it's not ideal for when you're starting a battle flat footed) gets annoying pretty quickly. I mean when the cool downs are up I just stand there laughing and nukeing as warriors or rogues beat on me while I destroy them, but I'd really like to see the cool downs dropped down to 2 minutes or so like the pyro epic super nuking cool down heat wave.
    Video of best Mage spec in action! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

I'll run 51 Necro/15 Warlock in pvp when I'm soloing usually, sometimes even in a group

It's really good for picking off people, and there is no healer in the world that can sit through a Mass Grave/Shambling/lich form dump with Last Gasp on them.

Tested it against the beefiest healers in my guild, Only one was able to stay up longer then the dump, and He basically had to bust every cooldown he had, and he was out of mana after the dump cause of it.

And that's just me on him, If anyone else was there he'd be screwed.

Or if he wasn't expecting it.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Plane Touched

Edit: Forgot that exhume is off GCD, but I'd still prefer the skeletons to not stand around for a few seconds looking dumb
    They run after the first target you hit or hits you. They work real well, and look really funny chasing people around.

Plane Touched

(copy and pasted from the other post)

Id take the increased pet dmg over my own considering quite abit of my skills are there to increase my pets dmg anyways. You get the mother of all dots at 44. If you use warlock armor you cant really use detaunt since youll break it with the shield anyways.

If you go with pyro with nec you gain an instant root and a 20s blink which is awesome, also get an instant DD which i use often. If you go 44nec 22 pyro you can gain an unbreakable root, a chance to cinder burst with a few of your skills, 30% redux on silence and stuns, one of the best AoEs, a raid wide int buff, interanlize charge (20% increased dmg), Inferno, and a disarm. Nec/Pyro is really fun and I guess thats what makes this game great. The chance to create your own class.

I dont know anyone else that plays nec/pyro like me and it seems to throw people off in pvp.

+ Reply to Thread