+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Visual Bug with Electrify?

Default Visual Bug with Electrify?

Hey, I am just recently learning this spec for raiding purposes. I was doing some tests with the aoe practice dummies and I noticed something that is a visual bug?

I use lightning storm to electrify my enemies, once I see three stacks I start spamming lightning field. I noticed that from 3 stacks of electrify, I can only cast lightning field 3 times. After 3 casts, no more damage comes up. Before you call me a noob and tell me to read my abilities, yes I know I do have charged field, and I realise that charged field says it removes 1 stack of electrified from each enemy hit, but the buff remains? I can only assume this is a visual bug.

I looked at all 3 of the practice dummies and all 3 of them still had stacks of electrify.

Is this a visual bug, that others have noticed? If so, it is really annoying because I have to keep track of how many times I have hit LF with respect to how many stack of electrify.

Plane Touched

I made a thread about this last night. You're correct. And I don't know about you but my "charged" field can only be used twice on three dummies. Honestly it seems like a DPS loss on long AOE.

You can also use field on OTHER mage's electrifieds. It's got some wierd variable though. On three of their charges and non of yours it does some wierd damage. (500 crits for me. On my own three stacks it's between 800-1000 based on my proc'd sp stuff).

Other stormcaller refreshes your "timer" on electrify.

There's lots of problems with the spec right now. I believe that the fact that not many people played or play as SC has lead to little data for them to mine.

Just learning it too for the experts... and yes it's confusing.

It'd make sense if the counter went back down, yet it doesn't so there is no visual notification of how "electrified" the mob is.

I wasn't sure if there was something I was missing completely (coming from chloro, pyro, necro, archon roles recently). It still appears to work as intended, you just have to only click stormfield 3 times.

Rift Disciple

electrify stacks are bugged. They don't distinguish your stacks from someone else's stacks, the timer resets anytime any stormcaller adds a stack, and lightning field doesn't update the stacks on any target, even when you're the only one adding stacks.

This makes timing and tracking your stacks difficult.

With one target, lightning field will remove one stack each cast. With 2 targets, lightning field will remove 2 stacks from each (it bounces from each target it hits initially, both the first hit, and the 'bounce' remove a stack). With 3+ targets, Lightning Field removes all electrify stacks, but does quite alot of damage.

For AoE damage, I pretty much end up casting forked lightning three times between each field (if lightning storm is on cooldown), to rebuild stacks.

+ Reply to Thread