+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elelock solo spec

Shadowlander

Default Elelock solo spec

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...V.M.ytczogkAtz

Thought I might share my spec for comments.

I know the Ae dmg isn't as strong as sc/ele but I find this spec let's me solo rifts with ease and blow through questing. I am curious if anyone else has had success with it. 46 now (16w44e) but this is my plan for 50.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wildibus View Post

I know the Ae dmg isn't as strong as sc/ele but I find this spec let's me solo rifts with ease and blow through questing. I am curious if anyone else has had success with it. 46 now (16w44e) but this is my plan for 50.
    If you are going past 32 points in ele its best to just go 51 and pick up the fire ele. As for going into lock the best is either 10 or 30 plus, otherwise you just gimp yourself. I went 13 in lock for improved dot, and 51 in ele. Ele/Sc and pyro/ele are better than 32/32 ele/lock. It has to do with synergy of the souls. 32, 23, and 51 point ele souls work best because the are great secondary for SC and Pyro, and 51 provides a great burst.
    Deathdoor of Tearfall - 5/51/10 Pyro/Archon/Dom, 33/33/0 Necro/Lock/Archon, 30/26/10 Lock/Chloro/Dom, 8/51/8 Chloro/Elementalist/Warlock

Shadowlander

Well I went 44 for the armor, and 20 lock gets me another great charge based Ae.

I haven't worked archon in yet but I am curious if the archon buffs (armor/ end) stack with mage armor/ lock end buff.

My goal in this spec was high survival (lots of gankers on my server), big Ae damage, and low downtime. I don't think its a dungeon/ raid/pvp spec, but I think its a better alternative to loc necro at higher level soloing.

Rift Chaser

Necro/Lock will have higher survivability and damage.

Shadowlander

You'll see a lot of proponents for Necrolock/Necrochloro, and you'll see a lot of proponents for Elelock/Elechloro for pet-based soloing. Each has their benefits and each has their weaknesses (vague I know). All of these are perfectly viable imo. I've read a lot of threads trying to find a comparable spec to Necrolock for soloing and elite soloing due to the fact that, well, I just didn't think my character was the "let's raise zombies from the ground to wreak havoc on Telaran boars" type.

So far I've found a lot of utility in Ele (51), Lock (15), X (Dom/Chloro/Archon). It all depends on your playstyle - I think your spec will yield good results.

Shadowlander

I was necrolock through 40, I liked it but the zealot was fragile and the knight was garbage. I respecced ele to solo the 40 epics and I stuck with it. Necro has better self healing but ele has way better mitigation. As a necro I couldn't survive rogue griefers, as ele I can consume pet, shield, instant summon snare pet, kb, and run like a coward.

I'm EleNecro. =P

Hardcore tankpet / petheal and decent AE coupled with the surviveability (soul purge and FD) and some DoT / melee debuff of the necro.
    Not a build for record DPS in either category but very hard to kill.
    Tired of wading through vast rivers of tears? Use this awesome forum feature!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildibus View Post

the main important hting to say is "what is your plan doing?" Is this for raiding instances? pvp? pve grinding while solo?

I have tried many builds around elemental armor but sadly I can confirm it only increases ELEMENTAL damage. Life and Death damage not "elementals" in RIFT Atleast thats what my tests showed when using intensify elements.
    Last edited by wallweasels; 04-07-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    the main important hting to say is "what is your plan doing?" Is this for raiding instances? pvp? pve grinding while solo? .
    Its for soloing rfts and questing lol. Mainly for use on a pvp server, strong solo capabilities combined with great mitigation to help escape griefers.

I went for the 38 cc break mainly, going 44 was a small jump to justify from there.

Probably not as useful on carebear servers.

+ Reply to Thread