+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: Chloromancher and Greater Essences?

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    69

    Default Chloromancher and Greater Essences?

    I'm wondering what Greater Essences I should equip for my chloro.

    Does "Healing Spells" one only trigger on Bloom/Flourish or also have a chance to proc on any heal done by LGV or even Radient Spores?

    Also do spells count as "Damaging abilties" (or "Healing ABilities"), or only as "Damaging Spells"/"Healing Spells"?

    Also what does "Unique Family" mean? Only one "Healling Spells" essence?

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaince View Post
    I'm wondering what Greater Essences I should equip for my chloro.

    Does "Healing Spells" one only trigger on Bloom/Flourish or also have a chance to proc on any heal done by LGV or even Radient Spores?

    Also do spells count as "Damaging abilties" (or "Healing ABilities"), or only as "Damaging Spells"/"Healing Spells"?

    Also what does "Unique Family" mean? Only one "Healling Spells" essence?
    The HoT proc works with: LGV, Bloom, Flourish, presumably Essence Surge, and any DoT effects triggering LGV. Also procs off of Withering Vines' tied in heal IF the target isn't being overhealed.

    It does not proc off of: Radiant Spores, Withering Vines' tied in heal IF the target is being overhealed

    Was testing this with a friend in Sanctum earlier. Ran WV on 4-5 dummies at once, and he nor I were getting procs from the greater essence while being overhealed. Both of us lost some life and I tried again, essence started proccing. Also tried putting RS on the 3 bunched up dummies and letting him Even Justice them, no procs.

    Literally going by the wording, it would be something like this: There are damaging spells, such as Vile Spores. Damaging abilities, such as the talented in DoT eft by Vile Spores. Healing spells, such as Bloom. And healing abilities such as Lifegiving Veil. That is to my understanding of the wording, however, Trion's wording/tooltips are unreliable at very best. I do not endorse nor believe the above, nor will I until I test it in game.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    the ones that proc on healing spell's DO proc on lifegiving veil

    the ones that proc on damage only proc on your damaging spells

    im currently using 2 purple greaters, one that heals 600 or so over 8 seconds (almost continually up on all party members with LGV)

    and the one that puts a 500ish shield on people on heal (also always up due to LGV)

    the second one i switched from a 500 heal over 8 seconds (they do stack as long as the names are not too simmilar, purple and blue stack but 2 purples or 2 blues don't)

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara Ixath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    705

    Default

    The 500? healing over 8 seconds provides, in a raid setting on a bard, ~40 hps over a 10 minute fight.

    The DSM healing trinket (procs a heal on people near the target) in a raid setting on a cleric (aoe/single target heals) provides about 60hps over a 10 min fight. Both of these were with constant AOE damage to the group.

    For your chloro..
    Get the rune shield (500+ pt shield, nothing less) for one greater
    Fill the other 5 slots with purple lesser essences.

    The xxx healing over 8 seconds isn't worth it imo if you're doing 5 mans. Even in a raid, I don't know if I'd pick one up. I think the shield and bonus sp/crit are more valuable.

    It's all preference though I guess.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    what the name of the essence that procs the shield?

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laban12 View Post
    what the name of the essence that procs the shield?
    And where to get it please? Thank you very much.

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    Frozen deep one tear

    location: whitefall, Iron pine peak, rare planar merchant

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    Frozen deep one tear

    location: whitefall, Iron pine peak, rare planar merchant
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/C28FF882...tone-Tideshard

    Do you happen to know where does that one drop please? Thank you!

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Awesomebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noche View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/C28FF882...tone-Tideshard

    Do you happen to know where does that one drop please? Thank you!
    This one messes with me. As a chloro, I'm not targeting a friendly. Does it still put shields up?
    Last edited by Awesomebob; 04-06-2011 at 07:43 AM.

    Desmonda - Bahmi Rogue - Nightblade / Saboteur / random
    Epicbeardguy - Dwarf Warrior - Champion / Riftblade / Beastmaser
    Awesomebob - Dwarf Cleric - Shaman / Druid / Purifier
    Phudda hyro fanda heah!

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomebob View Post
    This one messes with me. As a chloro, I'm not targeting a friendly. Does it still put shields up?
    I've not tested this one but the 500 HoT one on Healing spells (so same trigger).
    While I was nuking the dummy in Meridian with Vile Spores and LGV up it did proc on both me and my pet. So I guess in this case "target" means "anyone who gets healed by you".

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Xenic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I’ve got such mixed feelings on greater essences.

    I run with the HoT one, which seems to be the standard, and it procs a lot from LGV. Now what really has me confused is that I know it was proc’ing off all 5 people in a group and now I will see it proc off 1 person at a time. Also I had tried the essence that gives you X amount of spell damage after casting a healing spell. This was not proc’ing for me hardly at all….It really seemed as though it was only when I cast bloom or flourish, which I don’t do very often. Why would one of these work off of LGV and one not was my question. Guildies told me that it does proc off LGV but I have yet to see it. I ended up going back to the essence that has a chance to proc spell crit when you use a damage spell.

    Ideally I think I would like to have the hot and the spell damage increase (based off healing spells) but if it doesn’t work for LGV, then there’s no point for me.
    Hi, I'm Xenic. I came to blow $hit up

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara Flaviusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    I roll with epic lessers in all slots, pending some serious math and testing of these various greaters. None of them appeal to me, and I switch specs often enough that I prefer stats over situational procs that don't necessarily carry over from one build to another.

    I suppose in the long run I'll grind out enough planar and sourcestones to fit out multiple sigils and then can get more specific with them. Until then...

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    I’ve got such mixed feelings on greater essences.

    I run with the HoT one, which seems to be the standard, and it procs a lot from LGV. Now what really has me confused is that I know it was proc’ing off all 5 people in a group and now I will see it proc off 1 person at a time. Also I had tried the essence that gives you X amount of spell damage after casting a healing spell. This was not proc’ing for me hardly at all….It really seemed as though it was only when I cast bloom or flourish, which I don’t do very often. Why would one of these work off of LGV and one not was my question. Guildies told me that it does proc off LGV but I have yet to see it. I ended up going back to the essence that has a chance to proc spell crit when you use a damage spell.

    Ideally I think I would like to have the hot and the spell damage increase (based off healing spells) but if it doesn’t work for LGV, then there’s no point for me.
    you could also try the +spell/attack power buff on targets of your heals, which would probably work on LGV, or the +spellpower on offensive spells.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Xenic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    you could also try the +spell/attack power buff on targets of your heals, which would probably work on LGV, or the +spellpower on offensive spells.
    thanks I'll look for them. I'm pretty low on the spell power so I definitely could use all the love I can get
    Hi, I'm Xenic. I came to blow $hit up

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    thanks I'll look for them. I'm pretty low on the spell power so I definitely could use all the love I can get
    im almost positive the spellpower on offensive spell cast is Tsunami Tidesource, so hit up water rifts.

    i have the other one as well but im drawing a blank, i want to say it is a shade or earth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts