+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elementalist pet broken?!?

Soulwalker

Default Elementalist pet broken?!?

There's me, who took every single pet enhancement ability the tree has to offer. Made a pet duel with someone else that has NO points in Force of Nature and Planar Expansion.

We made the wind pets duel. They basically kill each others (under 100 hp difference at the end of the fight)

I have 44 pts in elementalist. Planar Expansion and Force of Nature maxed, should be giving my pet:
    (2x44) + 10 = 98% additional damage. So kinda double damage over the other wind pet.

Duel was 44 vs 49. Level difference nulling the effect, or the elementalist pets just suck that bad?
    Mine do from 100 to 250 hits (from auto-attack to abilities), Earth pet being the one that dishes more O_o

Anyway, need to rebuild, I seen warriors do more dmg than me.

I know fighting npcs 5 lvls higher your pet, and your own, damage drops like a rock, so thats probably what happened. If they were equal level and you had all the pet buffs and the other one didnt then yours should tear it apart. Then again if the other person has way way better gear than you, his pets hp and dmg will be substantially higher as well. So basically if you were same lvl in comparable gear, yours would smoke the other one. Yours being lower lvl or you undergeared in comparison nullifies the talents I would imagine.

Soulwalker

Seems that all those pts in those skills are then quite easily nullified don't you tihnk?
    On top of that, he was pyro built and could dish 2.7k crits while I could dream of only 1k.

I don't want to compare about Pyro's burst, my point is, the Elementalist pet don't seem to compensate for the lacks of offensive spells. My wind pet does as much or less dmg than my earth one. Necromancers seems to have far much better pets for that.

I wanted a built that was pet heavy, I love my Earth pet, but I can't find a way to deal good dmg myself even with all the crit chance, crit dmg bonus, and elemental dmg bonus.

Soulwalker

This thread needs more tears. Your pet got rolled by another 5 levels higher? Sorry, but no spec should overcome a 5 level difference...

Yea a 5 level range difference is big, that's red isn't it? Just about everything misses/gets resisted then.

If you want to deal damage as an elementalist, use your AEs.

Those packs of 6 scorpions in NW Shimmersand? An earth elemental can tank all of them while you roast them to cinders.
    If you want good single target damage instead, look elsewhere or start mixing souls.
    Tired of wading through vast rivers of tears? Use this awesome forum feature!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Azto View Post
    Seems that all those pts in those skills are then quite easily nullified don't you tihnk?
    On top of that, he was pyro built and could dish 2.7k crits while I could dream of only 1k.

I don't want to compare about Pyro's burst, my point is, the Elementalist pet don't seem to compensate for the lacks of offensive spells. My wind pet does as much or less dmg than my earth one. Necromancers seems to have far much better pets for that.

I wanted a built that was pet heavy, I love my Earth pet, but I can't find a way to deal good dmg myself even with all the crit chance, crit dmg bonus, and elemental dmg bonus.
    Mix elementalist with Stormcaller. 44 points into Elementalist, the rest into Stormcaller. 44/22 at 50.

You won't have the "burst" that Pyro does (Nothing does, really), but you will have decent AOE and single-target DPS. Make sure to put 3 points into Charged, btw.

I say 44 points into elementalist for Elemental Armor, btw. The 15% increased elemental damage affects every Stormcaller spell, and all of the Stormcaller Air damage affecting abilities boost up Lightning Strike. With the way I currently have points spent, Lightning Strike crits 85% of the time according to my parser, and crits for 2.5k+.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...x0M.VtIkogkAtz - example 44 / 22 EleStorm Spec
    It's not a perfect spec, just my solo spec.
    Imri <Evolution> Defiant Mage Greybriar
    Dimension(s):
    Hermits Hollow on Greybriar
    Serene Villa on Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread