+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro as PvP healer

Rift Disciple

Default Chloro as PvP healer

I tried to do a couple of BG on my mage as Chloro and I found the system pretty horrible to heal my allies. On instence groups I can Sythesis my tank and manage to keep him up, my 8 pts on Necro tree let me eat my pets life for mana which is amazing but on PvP I really have problem healing ppl. Sythesis cooldown is terrible cooldown and Bloom is widely not enough, I mosly endup nuking pets like a madman hoping it keeps at least one person alive. Overall gameplay and fun is very bad.

Am I doing it just wrong? Does it get any better with level or are Chloro just not made for PvP healing?

Quote Originally Posted by innocent51 View Post
    I tried to do a couple of BG on my mage as Chloro and I found the system pretty horrible to heal my allies. On instence groups I can Sythesis my tank and manage to keep him up, my 8 pts on Necro tree let me eat my pets life for mana which is amazing but on PvP I really have problem healing ppl. Sythesis cooldown is terrible cooldown and Bloom is widely not enough, I mosly endup nuking pets like a madman hoping it keeps at least one person alive. Overall gameplay and fun is very bad.

Am I doing it just wrong? Does it get any better with level or are Chloro just not made for PvP healing?
    Nah it's pretty bad unless you're left completely alone to freecast then it's so-so. As you mentioned the cooldown on synthesis is the main issue, synthesis needs to be taken off of global and have no cooldown, then chloro would be a solid pvp healer.

Rift Disciple

Ya my experience in pvp as chloro has been pretty crap as well. If no one attacks you, ya, you can top the healing meters np. However, all you need is a single melee sitting on top of you, and you're basically shutdown. It's near impossible to get rid of melee, and nearly all your healing relies on long cast spells that melee can juke or interrupt with ease. It's really just not much fun to play.

I actually do fairly well as a PvP chloro in WFs. Granted I'm level 50 with full T2 epics.

Most of the WFs I'm I'm top healing close to top damage done, and almost always top damage taken().

I switch out my PvE gear for PvP gear since it gives me more raw hp along with some mitigation via valor. With the Essence surge fix this helps a lot to heal your high HP targets back to full in a tight situation.

I run a fairly tanky Chloro lock build: 34 chloro / 32 lock / 0 archon.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...czko.xx0V0Vqxo

I pre-stack Searing vitality + pillaging stone before entering (as the queue pops i refresh them to make sure I'm fully buffed when the action starts). Fully self buffed I'm at 6.7k HP, it's a bit for people to work through (popping neddra's + shadow life makes this even harder to eat through).

I was hesitant to play chloro in PvP at first but my servers clerics seem to all want to roll dps. I decided to try it out and never looked back. I can't tell you how many WFs I've done with more then one cleric that seem to think it's someone else's job to heal.

My basic "strat" is fairly simple, sit in the back and dps. As soon as I start getting pilled on I pop wild growth and start to kite. As I'm kiting I fish for opportunity procs with my insta cast spells (Ruin and Searing vitality) while silencing their main healer / CCer and using Natural conversion on any heavy mage nuker. Once i get an opportunity proc I have two choices:

1: Fear- if there is a caster / ranged on me I will attempt to fear them to buy myself some more time.
    2: Wither- I throw this on the highest damaging melee target that I believe doesn't / already has used up, their cc break / charge.

And yeah that's pretty much it. If anyone wants to ask any other questions I'd be happy to answer them to the best of my abilities.
    Leader of <FMC>

Plane Touched

I love chloro in PvP, just my class. When the group is good, it's a very nice support class in PvP (lots of aoe healing). My survivibility is quite high (even against rogues that backstab me), I use archmage (to get stuns of me) and archon as side souls.

Shadowlander

Default Chlorogod

Chloro is great in pvp. You just need to know how to use it. You have more hp then other mages, you heal yourself with every spell, you heal those around you with every spell. It shouldn't be that difficult to figure out. Just pretend your a ranged dps and go. Stuff will get healed from your lifegiving veil. Chloro as PvP healer-manamus-10-3.jpgChloro as PvP healer-manamus-2-0.jpgChloro as PvP healer-manamus-2-0-337.jpgChloro as PvP healer-manamus-8-1.jpgChloro as PvP healer-manamus-1-0.jpgChloro as PvP healer-manamus-3-4.jpgChloro as PvP healer-manamus-7-5.jpgChloro as PvP healer-manamus-0-1.jpgChloro as PvP healer-manamus-6-3.jpgChloro as PvP healer-manamus-0-3.jpgChloro as PvP healer-manamus-2-0-532.jpg

From Right to left, Healing taken, Healing Done, Damage taken, damage done, Deaths, Killing blows... I forget the rest.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Draconax View Post
    Ya my experience in pvp as chloro has been pretty crap as well. If no one attacks you, ya, you can top the healing meters np. However, all you need is a single melee sitting on top of you, and you're basically shutdown. It's near impossible to get rid of melee, and nearly all your healing relies on long cast spells that melee can juke or interrupt with ease. It's really just not much fun to play.
    Stopped reading at this post. If a single melee is preventing you from successfully operating as a chloro you should roll a new game...

Banned

Level 50, prestige 3, and I often play 15am/19chrolo/32 lock to very, very good effect. So does my pvp partner. In fact, in Black Garden, I usually played chrolo all the way from level 10. At level 50, I'm generally in top 3 dps on my side, and top 2 heals.

Those who say chloro is a poor pvp healer probably do not know what they are doing. It's by far the second best PVP mage soul, and in my opinion, the only playable one other than pyro.

I like to run chloro/lock/necro for PvP when there aren't enough healers to keep my pyro up. It's way more fun to play than pyro anyway. I don't necessarily focus on healing, but I spam radiant spores, and cast natures touch/withering vines/etc whenever opportunity procs. I also spend a lot of time purging pyros, decreasing healing, and spot healing people with bloom/flourish.

I don't usually top damage/healing, but I do make myself a real pain in the *** for the other team.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Plane Touched

Chloro/Lock/Archmage after 1.1 is a pretty solid pvp healer. Before 1.1 I was hesitant to play chloro for pvp healing, but since the reduced the pushback on damage spells (aka nature's touch) I have been enjoying playing chloro in pvp.

With full T2 pvp gear and this build:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0czo.xx0G0Vqxo

I typically top the healing charts and most of the time top 5 damage (if it's not aoe heavy WF).

The key is playing with a solid group with a good primary single target healer (cleric). You need to keep moving around and try to be a discrete as possible but when sh*t hits the fan, you have detaunt, Neddra's Essence, Shadow Life and a few other abilities to get you through some rough fights.

My only suggestion is that you always be casting Nature's Touch whenever it is up, save wild growth for when there are a lot melee in your range and always use your charge for Entropic Veil (when you don't need wild growth).

Most posts below my first post are fine and dandy, topping healing meters and such. The small heals to 5 people each nuke is nice, and handy. But chloro is a terrible pvp clutch healer which, well, is what pvp healing is all about. Since your synthesis target is the only one you can get large heals on, chloro will never be a better pvp healer than a half-assed cleric--spores is the best thing chloro has going for them in pvp. You're cleric support, and nothing more.
    Last edited by phoenixfire82; 04-06-2011 at 05:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread