+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage vs Cleric Spellpower

Rift Disciple

Default Mage vs Cleric Spellpower

If I missed this topic then Im sorry and Im not as skilled with the search function as I thought. Now Im not gonna say my mage is heavily geared out but decently so sitting at 750 sp unbuffed. What made me start to question this is when I puged a t2 & answered the usual are you geared etc, and the clerics retort was my present sp is abysmal cause hes at 1128. Went through the t2 just fine and just started looking at there gear in general. All there hammers always have more sp than our staffs most of the time. So does sp for cleric not scale the same way as it does for us or am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    i spam the **** out of fulminate, in fact it's the only skill i need on my bar

<3 u fulminate

1. Clerics have a *lot* of wisdom and spellpower modifier talents.

2. I believe clerics gain more SP per point of Wisdom than Mages per point of Int.

3. Cleric healing gear (the focus-less stuff) has more SP (I seem to think) at the cost of other stats.

Long story short - they'll have more SP, but will need more for comparable DPS.
    Last edited by Dhamp; 04-06-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    1. Clerics have a *lot* of wisdom and spellpower modifier talents.

2. I believe clerics gain more SP per point of Wisdom than Mages per point of Int.

3. Cleric healing gear (the focus-less stuff) has more SP (I seem to think) at the cost of other stats.

Long story short - they'll have more SP, but will need more for comparable DPS.
    Ah okay was starting to wonder, cause even the mages I spoke that are actively in GSB are in the 75x bracket.. Cool good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    i spam the **** out of fulminate, in fact it's the only skill i need on my bar

<3 u fulminate

Soulwalker

Spellpower conversions:

Mages receive 75% per point of int, 25% per point of wisdom.

Clerics receive 50% per point of int, 50% per point of wisdom.

Rough math for those that are bad at math:

1 point of int = .75 spellpower for a mage
    1 point of wisdom = .25 spellpower for a mage

1 point of int or wisdom = .5 spellpower for a cleric

Works out to be very similar. This was from an article with one of the designers right after the game was released. Can't remember where I found it, but that's the conversion rate he quoted.

Should work out to be very similar from that aspect, however, clerics do tend to get more wisdom, and thusly more SP than mages, not to mention their talents for improving it.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vellea View Post
    Spellpower conversions:

Mages receive 75% per point of int, 25% per point of wisdom.

Clerics receive 50% per point of int, 50% per point of wisdom.

Rough math for those that are bad at math:

1 point of int = .75 spellpower for a mage
    1 point of wisdom = .25 spellpower for a mage

1 point of int or wisdom = .5 spellpower for a cleric

Works out to be very similar. This was from an article with one of the designers right after the game was released. Can't remember where I found it, but that's the conversion rate he quoted.

Should work out to be very similar from that aspect, however, clerics do tend to get more wisdom, and thusly more SP than mages, not to mention their talents for improving it.
    This is incorrect.
    Mages get .5 sp for int, and .5sp for wisdom.
    Clerics get .75 sp for wisdom, and .25 from int.

The big difference is this: healing clerics don't need focus. That translates into a lot of extra spellpower.

(That said, they have a senticar healing build which does require focus to work. Not sure how common that build is however.)

Ascendant

clerics get .75 per point of wisdom

we get .5 per int

thus a cleric stacking the same wisdom as i have int(around 380) will get about 100 extra spellpower with no other modifiers going.

not to mention cleric gear tends to have more spellpower in general while spell crit makes an appearance for us.

also, it seems like mages have more talents that add X% damage, while clerics tend to have X% increases to wisdom and spellpower, making their numbers look bigger on the paper doll while ours are bigger once they hit things

+ Reply to Thread