+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 100

Thread: With a second though GoS is quite fine

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Zilvereen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default With a second though GoS is quite fine

    I didnt like GoS at the first place because it kills mage mobility and since i like moving-kiting around i didnt even spec that deep in Pyromancy to have it and after all these Nerf-GoS threads i though it had to go because of being OP.

    but

    after having a lot of warfront fights i realised that: Unlike other MMOs where the survivability of a cloth- caster depends a lot on kiting melee classes , in this one theres nothing you can to do to avoid them. Melee classes in Rift can range you , charge at you , teleport at you , crowd control you from far away etc etc. So with a second though GoS' damage reduction and cc immunity looks quite fine by me now. They can lower the chance to stun if they like(or even remove it completely i wouldnt care) but the rest of it seems preety ok to me. Survivability for Pyros' comes by the price of being immobilzed within a circle, a circle that can actually be dispeled.

    flame on

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilvereen View Post

    after having a lot of warfront fights i realised that: Unlike other MMOs where the survivability of a cloth- caster depends a lot on kiting melee classes , in this one theres nothing you can to do to avoid them. Melee classes in Rift can range you , charge at you , teleport at you , crowd control you from far away etc etc. So with a second though GoS' damage reduction and cc immunity looks quite fine by me now.
    So, Johnny Storm, what your saying is.. Give EVERY mage GoS, right? You just admitted that cloth classes need it because of all those reasons, so its fine for pyro, why not fine for every mage class?

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Zilvereen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDain View Post
    So, Johnny Storm, what your saying is.. Give EVERY mage GoS, right? You just admitted that cloth classes need it because of all those reasons, so its fine for pyro, why not fine for every mage class?
    because other mage souls are not meant for pvp(most of them at least). Pyro is the official burst dmg soul and thats what pvp is all about , burst dmg and burst healing.

  4. #4
    Telaran Ginnybinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    71

    Default

    He never said all mages should have GoS...

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara Furienify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Faeblight
    Posts
    805

    Default

    >> BW
    >> GoS is fine

    Not sure if serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

  6. #6
    Telaran Ginnybinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Pyromancers are so hated, they are often spiked to death just as they drop their ground down.

    That being said, their single-target damage is too high for any ranged class.

  7. #7
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Its not impossible to kite in this game, if you can't kite, you are doing it wrong.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Zilvereen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    Its not impossible to kite in this game, if you can't kite, you are doing it wrong.
    nah , its just that you are clueless about this game but still you have to come to the forums and make pointless posts. What are you trying to prove , that there are no ranged snares, roots , stuns from 30 feet aways ?!?

  9. #9
    Ascendant TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    CC needs to be nerfed in PVP here, all there is to it. If it were, GoS wouldn't even need to exist.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Zilvereen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furienify View Post
    >> BW
    >> GoS is fine

    Not sure if serious.
    Did you read a word of my original post? This aint Warhammer , you wont see and Chosen teleporting on you from a distance, or a choppa stunning you from range. On my BW when i was ranged speced i didnt even ask for a guard because kiting in WAR actually WORKS.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    48

    Default

    I agree with Leviathan - however I think Pyros should have some skills to counter their flaw of long cast-times on Cinder Burst and Fireball. It could just be a buff preventing the first or two first CC effects with a low CD.

    I noticed most warriors got CC on CD less than 30. Most of these being roots or stuns and most of these found in the Champion soul - the best suited PvP soul for warrior's trying to be offensive? VK, Para and Rift might be worth mentioning too. Just to notify, I'm no warrior I'm a mage and are just trying to compare the amount of CC being spat towards mages - and pyros - and their flaws.

  12. #12
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzefick View Post
    I agree with Leviathan - however I think Pyros should have some skills to counter their flaw of long cast-times on Cinder Burst and Fireball. It could just be a buff preventing the first or two first CC effects with a low CD.

    I noticed most warriors got CC on CD less than 30. Most of these being roots or stuns and most of these found in the Champion soul - the best suited PvP soul for warrior's trying to be offensive? VK, Para and Rift might be worth mentioning too. Just to notify, I'm no warrior I'm a mage and are just trying to compare the amount of CC being spat towards mages - and pyros - and their flaws.
    The Pyro has more CC then the Champ to be honest.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    The Pyro has more CC then the Champ to be honest.
    They have 3 CC abilities not counting GOS. A 5 sec stun that stuns themselves for 2 secs and has a 45 sec cooldown, and a 8 sec root that has a 30 sec cooldown. They also have an AOE snare that lasts for 8 secs with a 45 sec cooldown.

    Champions have 3 CC abilties also. A 6 sec root+fear with a 30 sec cooldown, A root that can be triggered off a charge that has a 15 sec cooldown which can also stun for up to 3 secs. Finally an ability that can stun up to 5 secs with a 1 min cooldown.

    GOS is that extra abillity that also stuns, but only has a 30% chance to stun vs the garantee stuns that the other abilities get. The other two Pyro CCs are root and snare, which won't do much against ranged damage especially and especially not against an opponent that can charge.
    Last edited by MoonDragn; 04-06-2011 at 08:13 AM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
    They have 3 CC abilities not counting GOS. A 5 sec stun that stuns themselves for 2 secs and has a 45 sec cooldown, and a 8 sec root that has a 30 sec cooldown. They also have an AOE snare that lasts for 8 secs with a 45 sec cooldown.

    Champions have 3 CC abilties also. A 6 sec root+fear with a 30 sec cooldown, A root that can be triggered off a charge that has a 15 sec cooldown which can also stun for up to 3 secs. Finally an ability that can stun up to 5 secs with a 1 min cooldown.

    GOS is that extra abillity that also stuns, but only has a 30% chance to stun vs the garantee stuns that the other abilities get. The other two Pyro CCs are root and snare, which won't do much against ranged damage especially and especially not against an opponent that can charge.
    and a 5s disarm...

  15. #15
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
    They have 3 CC abilities not counting GOS. A 5 sec stun that stuns themselves for 2 secs and has a 45 sec cooldown, and a 8 sec root that has a 30 sec cooldown. They also have an AOE snare that lasts for 8 secs with a 45 sec cooldown.

    Champions have 3 CC abilties also. A 6 sec root+fear with a 30 sec cooldown, A root that can be triggered off a charge that has a 15 sec cooldown which can also stun for up to 3 secs. Finally an ability that can stun up to 5 secs with a 1 min cooldown.

    GOS is that extra abillity that also stuns, but only has a 30% chance to stun vs the garantee stuns that the other abilities get. The other two Pyro CCs are root and snare, which won't do much against ranged damage especially and especially not against an opponent that can charge.
    You are intentionally not saying how much CC the Pyro has to mislead people.

    That is not "all" the CC that Pyro has. Last time I checked.

    They also have an AoE stun, and a 5 sec single target Disarm.

    So trying this again (since my initial post was right as there is no reason for your post).

    Pyro CC:

    5 sec stun that stuns pyro for 2 seconds (ranged)
    Aoe 2 second ranged stun.
    ST root that doesn't break on damage.
    90% AoE snare.
    5 sec ST disarm.
    Chance of getting 2 sec stun procs.

    Champ CC

    3 sec stun off charge
    3 sec stun of Titan's Strike
    single target snare
    AoE Fear
    knockback

    The Pyro has 6 versus the Champs 5. The Pyro has more AoE CC then the Champ, the Pyros CC is ranged.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts