+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need help with Necro/lock in pvp

Default I need help with Necro/lock in pvp

Hi I enjoy pvping a lot and after leveling rogue and cleric calling to around 25 i grew disinterested with them.So i tried the warrior calling for like 5 mins and just didn't like it that well .So i rolled a mage and start to enjoy the game a lot more.

At first i was trying dom/Sc but felt gimp then i tried elem/i forget but also felt gimp.then i tired pyro and just didn't like it.Chloro seemed like i was just throwing leaves at people but bloom and flourish was nice.

So i broke down and specced necro/lock found soul purge and well fell in love .

Ok so now im level 33 and im so confused on how to make myself more effective in pvp.right now it seem like any rogue or warrior can just charge me and smack me till i fall over.Of course if i get the first hit and dots in i can maybe soul purge them down but even then they seem to have the upper hand.Im not trying to whine i just want to learn to play better.

So i was hoping to get some clarification on some talent and spells.

1)plague bolt or void bolt?
    2)is improved life leech worth speccing into ?
    3)is fresh graves a worthwhile talent ?
    4)neddras torture does any one use this spell it seem kind meh on paper?
    5)zealot or caster pet? zealot seem to crit high but i can't really tell what the caster is doing.

this is my current spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zwv_.VtfzVdkzs.xx0b

Sorry for the long post thanks in advance for any info

1) Depends if you have more pts in necro or warlock, if you are mostly necro then plague bolt, if not then void bolt. Even using grave rot your caster pet will eat deathly calling faster than you can stack them unless you use improved plague bolt, even tank and zealot will use them up, and sometimes you dont want to aoe to keep dc up.

2) If you plan on casting it alot then yeah, most warlocks don't seem to like it since it has a casting time, but if you open up with it and have the talent to make void bolt refresh it it seems worthwhile, highest dmg dot you'll have.

3) Fresh graves is great if you plan on using the tank pet alot, it doesn't boost the zealots dmg a ton for a 5 pt ability though

4) Neddra's torture used to be awesome, they nerfed it late in beta, its okay but doesn't really seem to be worth the gcd except on bosses.

5) zealot is better for fire and forget dmg, you can basically have him doing near optimal dmg with necrosis+looming demise. caster pet you have to help out alot more but has much higher dmg potential, if you can keep 5 stacks of deathly calling along with necrosis and looming demise on main target, and grave rot any adds/groups of players his aoe dmg goes through the roof, and oblivion can crit for more than blood spike does, its just not guaranteed like blood spike. great for situations with lots of aoe or top of the cliff type ranged stand offs where melee pets will get tore up by the whole other team at once, but for general use the zealot will do more dmg
    Last edited by Relair; 04-05-2011 at 03:07 PM.

never use plague bolt. grave rot is plenty enough for deathly calling.
    Gladiators Warrior Rogue Hunter Priest RIP Arena
    Fixa - Prestige 6 Stormcaller - deleted because defiant are useless.

Grave rot is definitely not enough if you're using the caster pet, your stacks will be gone faster than grave rot can keep them up. For zealot/tank pets and general use I agree, but most definitely not if you plan on doing anything with the caster pet and want him to do decent dmg.
    Last edited by Relair; 04-05-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zwv_.xkfd0z.Le0h0VVh try this spec...

what i do is cast necrosis, dark touch, essence link, try to consumption if you still havent gotten an opp proc, you can try to cast life leach but i try to use opp procs for that...

pop grave rot when ever its off cd and honestly get dots rolling on as many targets you can to fill charge then soul purge to your hearts content...

at least thats what i do and im almost always top damage and KBs...

honestly its really easy opp procs to cast wither or fear if you dont need either of those drop a voidbolt with it... then profit?

+ Reply to Thread