+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Non-Necro Leveling Build?

Default Non-Necro Leveling Build?

Thinking of starting a mage to try out healing from the non-cleric side and wanted a leveling build, but everything I see is based around Necromancers. I've just never been attracted to the aesthetics of the archetypes. Is there a good non-Necro leveling build?
    Sigbjorn - Cleric|Guardian|Sunrest
    Variance - Mage|Guardian|Sunrest
    Achillea - Rogue|Defiant|Sunrest

I went from level 1 to 50 as Chloro/Warlock, I didn't even need to have a second role, or respec at any time.
    I ended up with 38 Chloro / 28 Warlock, and still use this spec to do my dailies.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomandlore View Post
    Thinking of starting a mage to try out healing from the non-cleric side and wanted a leveling build, but everything I see is based around Necromancers. I've just never been attracted to the aesthetics of the archetypes. Is there a good non-Necro leveling build?
    Chloro/Lock here and i found it had less downtime, more survivability and later on decent enough aoe power. Not sure what my locks up to now but lvl 44, now and i still don't switch from my healer build very often. Why? because lock gives me enough of a damage boost i do reasonable damage, and enough healing i can survive almost any pull. On top of it lifetap+bloom or reconstruct=no down time. So while that necro is popping reconstruct i just hit bloom and ran ahead of him and pull 3 more mobs and aoe'd them down by time he gets done channeling.

ONLY thing i can not do are elite mobs will eat your clothie self in a couple hits BUT chloro/ele works great to in fact! i'd say...Chloro+elementalist is possible better then lock/necro as it uses bad arse earth elemental combined with amazing heals you can probably withstand any situation and can use super charge ability to restore your mana. i'm pretty confident can even solo elites using ele/chloro.

so yes are plenty of builds work outside of necro.

+ Reply to Thread