+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archon Rotation question

Shadowlander

Default Archon Rotation question

I recently I changed by 51 pyro/10 lock/5 archon to a 51 point archon and 15 pyro build. I was trying to learn some kind of a rotation and how to maximize my dps but I capped out at about 350ish with all t1 purples and a few t2s. I was wondering if anyone can help me with a rotation since right now I am just spamming vitality, pillaging stones, and rock slide till i get max stats and then then doing my resist and armor buffs to refresh them. And then using my other spell crit/attack and attack speed buffs inbetween fireballs and other pyro abilities. My main question is when should I be using power drain/waning power/burning purpose to maximize my dps and to help out the group the most. I heard archons can have some really good dps if they are used right and I was getting a bit sick of being a pyro turret so if anyone can help me out with that would wonderful with just some general pyro tips.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by BigD225 View Post
    I recently I changed by 51 pyro/10 lock/5 archon to a 51 point archon and 15 pyro build. I was trying to learn some kind of a rotation and how to maximize my dps but I capped out at about 350ish with all t1 purples and a few t2s. I was wondering if anyone can help me with a rotation since right now I am just spamming vitality, pillaging stones, and rock slide till i get max stats and then then doing my resist and armor buffs to refresh them. And then using my other spell crit/attack and attack speed buffs inbetween fireballs and other pyro abilities. My main question is when should I be using power drain/waning power/burning purpose to maximize my dps and to help out the group the most. I heard archons can have some really good dps if they are used right and I was getting a bit sick of being a pyro turret so if anyone can help me out with that would wonderful with just some general pyro tips.

try this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Rfiqkrz.m.xx0z

put LINGERING DUST + CRUMBLING RESISTANCE on target
    make sure you get ROCK SLIDE BUFF up

rotation is:
    LEECHING FLAMES
    EARTHEN BARRAGE
    VOLCANIC BOMB
    SURGING FLARE
    GRAVE ROT <-- yes even on single target - it is boosted by BURNING PURPOSE
    PILLAGING STONE

you cast in that order as available

and let us know how you are doing !

remember it is important to cast most of those spells because of the buffs they give. ALSO what you can do is spam each spell individually (say 30 times) on a dummy and see what your average dps with that spell is and decide if its worth casting (obviously the buffing spells are worth it despite lower dps)

Problem 1: You're using Fireball.
    Problem 2: You're going 5 points past Pyro, which isn't helping your DPS at all (though there's merit in Ground of Power), since you shouldn't be using Fireball.

Solutions:

1. Rock Slide only to set up and maintain the INT buff. Same for Searing Vitality. Leeching Flames only for mana regeneration.
    2. Put those 10 points into Elementalist for +crit and damage reduction, or Warlock for +Charge and Opportunity (not that you'll really need the latter)
    3. Maintain Fire Armor; debuff target.
    4. Rotate Earthen Barrage -> Volcanic Bomb -> Surging Flare as an opener. Doing it this in order maximizes the timeframe where all 3 buffs are active at once. If you're really lazy you can macro this and only mash one button. Refresh them as they come off CD.
    5. When not doing buff-nukes, Pillaging Stone. Mix in Power Drain as you get the charge for it. Use Waning Power whenever you feel it's appropriate; use Flaring Power too, just alert your raid beforehand.

Mostly T2 gear and I can manage 600DPS with this on average.
    Last edited by Furienify; 04-06-2011 at 04:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Tpz

We really don't do much in the way of personal DPS, nor should we. You can take a peak at the link in my sig if you feel so inclined, but the person above me has the TLDR.
    Raiding as an Archon, A Guide

Quote Originally Posted by grunz View Post
    I didn't get to finish my quest before trion changed it, so I opened a ticket and said I accidentally deleted mine

I got two replacements within a couple days, along with a personal note saying: "Holy Warrior Grunz, use these imbalanced weapons to smite the European scum. They are all bad and incredibly small."

Recruiting!

don't spec into opprotunity and don't use grave rot as your burning purpose can only hit every 1.5 seconds so you will end up with wasted spells that way

just macro

volcanic bomb
    surging flare
    leeching flames
    pillaging stone

only use rock slide and searing vitality to refresh the buffs

Soulwalker

I use 51arch/15 pyro too. You can easily get over 600 dps on single target bosses as well as add 100 dps average to all ur dpsers in ur group using this build. I only use the points in pyro to get GoP and Burning Intellect . My macro doesn't include any pyro skills. It's important to consider cast times and damage output. It's not worth your time to cast fireball because pillaging stone does more dmg with burning purpose up. Pillaging stone easily can hit for 1700+ dmg if it crits and burning purpose crits too which happens frequently with the way i ahve my macro set up.

my recommendation for the macro (after searing vit dot and debuffs are cast on target)

Leeching Flames
    Surging Flare
    Volcanic bomb
    Earthen Barrage(crit booster)
    Pillaging Stone (the nuke)

Of course always be standing on ur GoP and use ur instant cast shield to pick it up and move it with you as you go. This build is very effective in the right group for expert dungeons but i have also had success in pvp with this build. you have more consistent dmg output than a pyro though sacrifice those huge nukes.
    hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread