+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chrolo healing spec

Telaran

Default Chrolo healing spec

What is better to go with Warlock or Archon....

Currently I am Archon and IMO it works great! I have been seeing quite a few builds that suggest going with warlock

Archon gets group and self buffs

Warlock gets oppertunity and +!0% dmg from the armor...

The two specs that are in question are below

Warlock: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...cczoo.xx0G0VVx

Archon: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...cczoo.xx0G0VVx

Personally I feel group wise the Archon is bringing quite a bit more to the table. I have had no problems with my mana.

they both are about the same.

the lock is simpler, the archon is more complicated but brings more to the group

Shadowlander

I went with warlock mostly because once you hit raid level someone will probably be playing a higher archon and having 2 archons since they don't stack buffs is about pointless. Additionally if anyone bards some of the bard buffs match archon and you can't stack those either. So overall I chose Warlock for the 20% increased damage and 5% crit and opportunity.
    Seastone PVP - Tenma 50 Necrolock, Chlorolock, and Pyrolock Roles
    Seastone PVP - Mango 25 Warrior

Telaran

LOL by bad here is the archon build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...oo.hMeoRf0Vkzz

5 man groups, probably archon. Raiding - warlock. You'll have another higher level archon in raid.

Honestly?

I would never use a chloro/archon in 5 man dungeons or raids. The set up time takes so much away from actually healing. You have to maintain your buffs every 4.9 mins so you lose more healing especially in boss fights or raid fights that last longer than 5 mins.

The reason why a lot of us chloromancers picked up warlock instead of archon is because of the minimum set up time and the passive abilities. With the charge gen from warlock I can basically maintain entropic veil every 20 seconds after I run through an entire bar of charge. In about 1 rotation it fills back up. I also use sac life for mana more so than that weak 30% mana over 10 seconds. The main reason is they nerfed that ability it used to do 4000 mana in 10 seconds.

I will admit once you have the set up on archon your heals are huge especially if you are using rockslide. 60 int 40 int/wis. These are really nice.

that is about the same amount of damage you get from warlock though without maintaining buffs. I pulled 1800 HPS in my chloro build on a raid rift last night. I was also hitting about 500 dps single target.

My chloro/archon guildie was almost an even match but he lost some dps and hps due to buff maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by blbjtb View Post
    LOL by bad here is the archon build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...oo.hMeoRf0Vkzz
    You're only taking half of the benefit of the main reason to go Archon second with Chloro: Power in Numbers. It gives you +4% to both damage and healing per aura. With the 4 auras you can use with that spec you're getting +8% instead of the +16% you could have... take a point from ele and put it there.

By doing that you'll also get Flaring Power, which gives you a +15% spell/attack power increase to everyone for 20 seconds...it's a pretty hefty DPS/HPS increase... if we had a parser that counted the extra 15% damage everyone does when it's active and assigns it to you, it'd be one hell of a burst increase to your DPS and HPS.

A mistake many make when dismissing Archon as a viable second is to count only the obvious affect it has on your main soul. If you actually sit down and calculate how much you're increasing the other 4 member's damage and healing and add it to your own, it'd be a no-brainer to use it.

Like others said though, any well built raid will already have a 51 Archon in it. In that case Warlock should be your 2nd.
    Last edited by Iselin; 04-05-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Ascendant

Anybody has the time to check if Power in number is applied only to damage or even to lgv heals (so you get twice its worth as those heals already comes from the enhanced damage)?
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    Anybody has the time to check if Power in number is applied only to damage or even to lgv heals (so you get twice its worth as those heals already comes from the enhanced damage)?
    I'm at work so can't check but I doubt it: lgv is just a % of damage...period. Not even Call of Spring increases it despite what the tooltip says ("and effects".)

PiN does definitely increase the Bloom and Flourish heals though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    Honestly?

I would never use a chloro/archon in 5 man dungeons or raids. The set up time takes so much away from actually healing. You have to maintain your buffs every 4.9 mins so you lose more healing especially in boss fights or raid fights that last longer than 5 mins.

The reason why a lot of us chloromancers picked up warlock instead of archon is because of the minimum set up time and the passive abilities. With the charge gen from warlock I can basically maintain entropic veil every 20 seconds after I run through an entire bar of charge. In about 1 rotation it fills back up. I also use sac life for mana more so than that weak 30% mana over 10 seconds. The main reason is they nerfed that ability it used to do 4000 mana in 10 seconds.

I will admit once you have the set up on archon your heals are huge especially if you are using rockslide. 60 int 40 int/wis. These are really nice.

that is about the same amount of damage you get from warlock though without maintaining buffs. I pulled 1800 HPS in my chloro build on a raid rift last night. I was also hitting about 500 dps single target.

My chloro/archon guildie was almost an even match but he lost some dps and hps due to buff maintenance.
    What you're not accounting for is the large amount of healing that the archon/chloro mitigated to the party/raid through buffs (resistance and armor, for example). Also, his 7% increase to magical damage done was increasing your heals, if you were in the same raid. His power drain, kept up perhaps 30-40% of the time, caused the raid boss to do 10% less damage, and he decreased the boss damage a further 10% for 60 seconds at a time. Archon/chloros are VERY nice if you don't have a full archon in the group raid.

I keep both specs handy.
    Last edited by Tetragrammaton; 04-05-2011 at 02:46 PM.
    The gates of Auschwitz were not opened with peace talks. Holland was not liberated by peacekeepers and fascism was not defeated with a deft pen - Rick Mercer

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Iselin View Post
    I'm at work so can't check but I doubt it: lgv is just a % of damage...period. Not even Call of Spring increases it despite what the tooltip says ("and effects".)

PiN does definitely increase the Bloom and Flourish heals though.
    checked, damage get increased 4% each aura as it should (old power in number bug has been fixed), lgv healing dont get the double dipping I was hoping for..
    how well, its still great.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

+ Reply to Thread