+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sc/Ele PVE spec (what is it? 32 32 0?

Rift Disciple

Default Sc/Ele PVE spec (what is it? 32 32 0?

I'm looking for a breakdown of the standard pve spec for this. Sorry for asking this, but i've searched these forums thoroughly and want to compare what's viewed as standard to mine but the search feature really returns awful results.

any help would be appreciated trying to max aoe obviously on trash and single target on champs

Rift Disciple

You're kind of forced because neither Intensify Elements or Lightning Storm are skills you can pass up, at least not for an AoE build. So that means 31 minimum in each, and each tree has very solid 32-point skills.

This is what I use. But ,yes, the standard would be 32/32/0 (with 2 freebie's to spend). Most of the time Archon is my 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo11 View Post
    We enter a dungeon as a group:
    - Sam wears 8 tons of platemail and takes the lead.
    - Chris has his medical kit, and decides to help keep Sam alive.
    - Rachel has her flamethrower, and will toast anyone that attacks.
    - Steve is stealthy, so he hides in the corner and pokes the enemies with a stick.

o_O. Sorry Steve, but someone fell off the useless tree and hit every branch on the way down .

Champion

you need 32 points in elementalist to get channel elements
    you need 32 points in SC to get static discharge

from there, you might as well put the extra points into planar expansion as its the only thing you can really do to get more damage (tempest should already be 3/3). it will increase air elemental damage by next to nothing but it increases the SP buff it puts on you by a decent amount.

Rift Master

as others have said, the key is just 32/32.
    for channel elements and static discharge.

other talents should be pretty obvious.
    synergize, tempest, int elements, lit storm, charged field, inductance, ice shear, lit mastery, etc.

What to do with those last 2 points?
    2 in planar expansion gives a small boost to air elem dps, and its +sp buff. its what 40 by default? so like +4 more sp. or 2 more in str of cold is an option, for a bit extra ice shear, arctic blast, hailstorm damage.
    Or 2 points in abrasion. Its not 100% chance so kindof lame for a 2s spell. But having an option to purge buffs like wardens shield, mathosian fury, garg shield, etc can have its uses.

3rd soul can of course be hot swapped in combat even. which is a bit crazy, and will get nerfed at somepoint..
    but chloro gives a radient spore which is nice, archon gives stat buff so best dps option, and dom gives squirrel for cc.

Champion

0 point chloro for solo heals but RS is pretty useless on a single target now that the proc rate has been reduced when used in a group.
    0 point archon for the free PS/SV buffs to INT and END in group dps settings, use them at the beginning of the fight, (give tank a sec to gain aggro before you go aoe nuts, and at the very end of the fight, to keep it up for the next pull)

+ Reply to Thread