+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP! The Best Chloro Build for T2 Single Healing

Soulwalker

Default HELP! The Best Chloro Build for T2 Single Healing

First, I understand that it will be very difficult to single heal a T2 Dungeon, but I know it's possible. There are 3 main Choro builds that I know of that I have heard people using and 2 of them that I cannot decide which is better. So I'm built what I might do for all three and I would like your critiques. And if there are some Chloros out there that have single healed something like Deep Strike Mines by themselves. I would LOVE to see your build!

Build 1
    ~ The Pure Chloro Build
    - This build is a 51Chloro/15Lock/0Dom
    - Most people don't like this build b/c you don't get any of the buffs from Archon nor the Dmg bonus from Warlock, and your only trade off is about 2 CD channeled spells that sometimes interrupt themselves.

Build 2
    ~ The ChloroLock Build
    - This build implements all of the Warlocks plus to spell dmg% increases. This also includes the bonus to DoT dmg, which when speced into your VS and Ruin turn into DoTs, thus this will increase your HoTs. There are 2 points some might wonder about in Lock. I have found that the top skill has come in very handy and same with Neddra's Might. + to spell dmg is always good when your nukes are your heals.

Build 3
    ~ The Archonmancer
    ~ I actually have 2 different builds I'm testing for this.
    Build One is only 16 points into Archon. The main purpose of this is to get a couple buffs for your friends if needed, but mainly testing the ability to build up your own buffs and up to an increase of 165 INT!! From stacking Pillaging stones and Rock Slide. This one also gets in some of the Warlocks Oppertunity and DoT buffs.
    Build Two has all points split between Chloro and Archon only. This gives you many many more buffs for the group. If you do have these aura's activated you will increase your spell damage AND healing by 16% EACH so together that's almost 32% more healing! You also increase your casting speed by 8% and you get back all that you lost by giving your stats to your team mates and then some by buffing yourself from archon attacks like Pillaging stones and other debuffs. For example, you sacrifice about 40 INT to give yoru team mates about 45 INT.. but your getting 165 from your own buffs, so your still getting an increase.

ANYWAY! Please discuss and if someone can parse this information I would appreciate that too. But please parse with a good control mob. Attacking one group with one build and then attacking another group altogether with a different build doesn't prove anything.

Thanks guys for your help.

the 16% damage increase only affects your damaging spells and the 16% healing only affects bloom/flourish

it doesn't stack to 32% on LGV

also i'm sure that if you are solo healing T2 then you will need every GCD for healing spells which doesn't leave much room for casting archon buffs so most likely you are better off going chloro/lock for solo/main heal and chloro/archon if you have a cleric in the group to fill in the gaps
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 04-05-2011 at 07:41 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    the 16% damage increase only affects your damaging spells and the 16% healing only affects bloom/flourish

it doesn't stack to 32% on LGV

also i'm sure that if you are solo healing T2 then you will need every GCD for healing spells which doesn't leave much room for casting archon buffs so most likely you are better off going chloro/lock for solo/main heal and chloro/archon if you have a cleric in the group to fill in the gaps
    Well, it should. lol. Ok, that's why I posted this, b/c I don't know. However, even if it' only affecting my dmging spells by 16% that's still only 4% under the reason people spec 30 points into Warlock for plus the increase from 165 INT.

And your not supposed to pop your Archon self buff attacks during the boss fight.. They're supposed to be up before the fight. And if I absolutely need to pop the auras from running out. This build has a Sheild and some Hots to keep the tank up for at lease 1 or 2 GCD.
    Last edited by Sedriel; 04-05-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sedriel View Post
    Well, it should. lol. Ok, that's why I posted this, b/c I don't know. However, even if it' only affecting my dmging spells by 16% that's still only 4% under the reason people spec 30 points into Warlock for plus the increase from 165 INT.

And your not supposed to pop your Archon self buff attacks during the boss fight.. They're supposed to be up before the fight. And if I absolutely need to pop the auras from running out. This build has a Sheild and some Hots to keep the tank up for at lease 1 or 2 GCD.
    ^^ This is exactly correct. The archon auras themselves provide enough cast speed reduction and increased damage to make it worth it without the archon buff/debuffs; however, with a proper rotation you can sneak in some of the buffs/debuffs pretty readily. In fact, several of the debuffs are worth casting because they reduce the amount of damage the tank is taking and the speed at which your group can kill the mob.

Quite honestly, the rotation is much more complicated (not better or worse, just complicated) than your standard Chlorolock spec, but it is really worth it if you can get the knack of it. It is a balance between keeping auras up, and casting buffs and debuffs between healing spells when you feel like you can spare the GCD (this can happen often depending on the fight). If you can't then you simply let the aura or buff/debuff expire. Although, I honestly don't think that recasting a spell once per 5 minutes is all that much to ask.

Chloro/Archon also takes some situational awareness on your part. If you know a boss fight is coming up, then use the trash pack just before the boss to rebuff. Don't try to rebuff at the beginning of the boss fight when damage is high. Wipes on a boss suck because of this, but sometimes you can still sneak some rebuffs in there at appropriate times.

If you want to just sit back and enjoy a dungeon go Chloro/lock. If you want a challenge, or something a tad more engaging than a NT,VS,VS rotation, then give Chloro/Archon a try. I like both honestly, it just depends on my mood.

+ Reply to Thread