+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pvp 30-39?

Soulwalker

Default Pvp 30-39?

Is there a preferred spec? I have been trying Pyro, Archon, Archmage for the 15% less chance to be crit and can blow people up with wings and heat wave but outside of that I feel very squishy. Have been using detaunt, disarm, flashfire and blink but still seem to get wtf owned by random warriors.

Have tried Chloro a few times but any smart person will target the chloro since he can't heal himself well since you can't put synthisis on yourself.

I'd like to try SC since I see a few posts about it but no clue how to spend the points in it for a 39 level build since I have never tried it leveling up to know what is good or not.

Soulwalker

you can try this...
    StormLock
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...V0V.VG0tbtcc0o
    maybe switch out the 5 in potency for planar attunement for the damage against players.... also gets you detaunt for some extra survival but i think mortality is a better survival tool in that range, honestly just started playing around with SC last night. looks like damage potential is there but i got a bit spoiled with the limitless life and mana + the mobility of necrolock

NecroLock:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...0G0Vqxo.xkfd0z

give it a try

Soulwalker

at 32 I'm partial to lock/chloro, neddra's essence and shadow life are fantastic when you see a warrior about to spam his charge stun boom macro. you're durable and the chloro lifegiving veil helps out your team as well .

I've also had a lot of fun with stormcaller/ele/archmage
    You can make lightning strike hit like a truck if you remember to electrify/shard before you fire it off. and aoe puts pressure on healers so it's a good thing.
    Downside, you're going to get charged repeatedly and although warriors get knockback immunity after 2 knockbacks you do not get charge immunity after 2 charges. so have fun with that.

Rift Master

I like Pyro/Archmage, Warlock/Necro, and Stormcaller/Warlock personally.

You can definitely kill things without Heatwave/ball on the Pyro just get good rotations down. The key is trying to land instants after a fireball/cinder to blow people up.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    I like Pyro/Archmage, Warlock/Necro, and Stormcaller/Warlock personally.

You can definitely kill things without Heatwave/ball on the Pyro just get good rotations down. The key is trying to land instants after a fireball/cinder to blow people up.
    I think that is part of my problem, I have flame bolt in my macro above fireball but below inferno.

+ Reply to Thread