+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chloromancers in pvp....

Rift Disciple

Default Chloromancers in pvp....

k I gotta ask, am I doing something wrong here? I mean cmon, give us something for pvp, 2 heals, one on a 10 second cooldown, one on a 20 second cooldown, while you get clerics there sitting and spamming heals over and over and healing through everyones damage no problem!

So I try to go chloro and before I even get any damaging abilities off I have 2 rogues on my ***, and I am as good as dead because I have no defence abilities (ohhhh lifegiving shell....), and then you see clerics with god knows how many on them healing like no problem.

So I gotta ask, like this isnt a troll or anything, is there a certain pvp spec for healing, do chloros just suck for pvp healing? like whats the deal here? I would be very interested to know, because its really sad when I can't help out my team because I die in 3 seconds...

Im only a young Chloro ~ lvl 17-18...im doing ok in WF's so far. Not to bad, and not to good either.
    Ive read a few complains about Chloros, so I think giving them more heals would upset clerics alot.
    What is your current lvl ?

I think I read that ppl ( or should I say clerics ) dont want them to have more heals because of the fact that Chloros DPS...even if its not uber, its still some dps.
    I play both Chloro and Cleric...I dont mind if Chloros get more heals...what ever helps out there on the WF makes me happy ...and we win.
    I dont have to be at the top of the list to be happy....a Win is what makes my day.

But I can agree that some sort of protection wouldnt hurt at all...after all we are mages. = papersoldiers...pour water on me and im dead.

aux

Chloros can be useful in PvP, sure... but if there's clerics healing, leave it to them, you're more effective as a DPS class.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    But I can agree that some sort of protection wouldnt hurt at all...after all we are mages. = papersoldiers...pour water on me and im dead.
    I agree, 100%. Granted, we do get some pretty handy knockbacks, and roots... but in truth they are nearly delaying the inevitable. Death. Most mage specs barely get one of them at all. And what's the deal with these low health absorbing shields? Sure they're ok for PvE stuff,.. but when a rogue, or warrior bares down on you. It's like we take on the properties of toliet paper.
    Last edited by SorceressAshura; 04-05-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Rift Disciple

I hate to say it guys but im more or less asking for lvl 50, because at the lower levels I could heal just fine, and do everything great, but it seems like at 50 I just stand absolutely no chance, I get stunned by a warrior and die... like cmon...

so any suggestions on level 50 chloro help please. I am running the chloro / archmage build so I can get the less damage etc... but I mean is it just me or is it impossible to do any good healing?

Telaran

At level 50 a Chloro/Lock is deadly in PvP imo. Even with the cut down on Lifegiving Veil you can still keep some fights from turning sour real quick. Also coupled with Lock you have a lot more survivability then the 3 iffy heals you get as a Lock.
    Mahaanmuutto -=Challenge Accepted=-

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KozzmoKramer View Post
    At level 50 a Chloro/Lock is deadly in PvP imo. Even with the cut down on Lifegiving Veil you can still keep some fights from turning sour real quick. Also coupled with Lock you have a lot more survivability then the 3 iffy heals you get as a Lock.
    yea see I went the warlock route for the fear, but I mean what do you use to truly get yourself out of situations?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by killhimnotme View Post
    yea see I went the warlock route for the fear, but I mean what do you use to truly get yourself out of situations?
    Neddra's Essence....-80% dmg for 7 seconds......Shadow Life +50% of your health plus a 50% heal for 20 seconds......pop Neddra's Essence getting low pop Shadow Life.....getting low pop Essence Surge and Living Shell.

That alone is has gotten me out of so much damage. Not to mention Wild Abandon to **** from the chain slows/roots
    Mahaanmuutto -=Challenge Accepted=-

Rift Master

Neddras essense + Shadow life + instant AoE fear on 30 sec cooldown + Mortality + instants proccing opportunity + warlock armour + Single target and Aoe heal on 0 cast time + Withering vines + Life leech + Ruin + Draining Bolt + Single target fear + 5 second silence + Break free + Wild Abandon + Cleanse?

Jumped by two rogues, Break free + Mass fear, start kitting and dotting.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...kVqxk.xdhu0h.L
    Last edited by Mezkh; 04-05-2011 at 01:24 AM.

Ascendant

Chloro is great at lower levels for healing WFs but is terrible at 50. Everyone mistakes 44 lock/17-18 chloro as chloro. It's lock with survivability from chloro 10s and 20s heals.

Ascendant

Main problem with healing in pvp as chloro is pushback - all your 2-2.5 sec spells becomes 6-8s, you just cant survive enough to cast them and bloom/flowrish wont help you.
    something to decrease pushback would help a lot, even if it requires overspecializing in the soul.
    I'm having some success as dom/chloro and pyro/chloro but that's just minor healing support, not a true healer setup.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    Main problem with healing in pvp as chloro is pushback - all your 2-2.5 sec spells becomes 6-8s, you just cant survive enough to cast them and bloom/flowrish wont help you.
    something to decrease pushback would help a lot, even if it requires overspecializing in the soul.
    I'm having some success as dom/chloro and pyro/chloro but that's just minor healing support, not a true healer setup.
    No, the biggest reason is because 1. LGV can be purged and has a 10s cd, 2. Synthesis has a 30s cd and can also be purged, though you're still restricted to one target healing in PvP even if it isn't. Synthesis needs its cd lowered to 10-15s. Swapping should be part of the class, right now its one macro playstyle.

Banned

Pair Chloro with Dom/Arch...Great for 1 v 1 and amazing in group play.

not sure what you mean by not good at 50.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...-01_020355.jpg

I mean 180k+ damage, 250k+ heals, 11 killing blows and I had no level 50 gear. (was 50 for about 2 hours when I took that screen shot). I think thats pretty damn good for a support healer/dpser.

my current build is 5 archmage, 29 chloro, 32 lock. I'm heading into work now but if you PM me I will try to help you out later
    Hi, I'm Xenic. I came to blow $hit up

Soulwalker

Default ?

Chloros are amazing pvp healers. Its the nature of the class. The more dmg you do, the more you heal. There are more then enough tools in the mage archtype to live through most encounters. Everyone likes to play differant so just find what combos work best for you. But as with all mages, you have to follow the basic rules of pvp. Pan you camera constantly. Know where your team is, where the enemy is, and be prepared to move if you see your picture come up on target of target. Always try and stay mobile. Remain as innocent as possible. And the most important thing is pvping with people that understand, you are a dpsing healer, a very high value target, and they should protect you as such. Chloros can get way up there on the dps and healing charts in warfronts. The soul is amazing, just have to make it work for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast