+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rolling aoe's for more dps

Shield of Telara

Default Rolling aoe's for more dps

Anyone else do this, it takes alot of mana but take the warlocks or pyros ground targeted aoe and just roll them every gcd, mainly this is good for pyros since its slower, and just recast it every GCD instead of waiting for the channeled aoe, this increases my aoe dps my like 50% and with smoldering power on pyro you dont even run out of mana, i this this will even beat SC's for aoe
    Last edited by Bejita; 04-04-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    Anyone else do this, it takes alot of mana but take the warlocks or pyros ground targeted aoe and just roll them every gcd, mainly this is good for pyros since its slower, and just recast it every GCD instead of waiting for the channeled aoe, this increases my aoe dps my like 50% and with smoldering power on pyro you dont even run out of mana, i this this will even beat SC's for aoe
    Yep. Sucks for pyro though, unless you're forcing the ticks to cheese GoS on trash. It's the reason chloro is best AE, that and the ticks of charge continue during entropic veil.

Telaran

Ok the aoe for pyro would be Firstorm which does mint DPS. Are you stating that using this even in single target situations you are able to increase your dps by about 50% ??

I do this all the time on my necro/lock and yes it does make a big difference. The question to ask yourself is, are you willing to try this hard on trash for some more dps? Some people don't care if the trash dies 30-60 seconds sooner, but I am sure some hardcore players will love it. I personally love to see lots of pretty numbers flying so close to each other I can't even read them.

Sacrifice life->damage
    lich form

Dark Touch
    Neddras Grasp
    Send Mage pet in
    Radiate Death
    Grave Rot
    Spam Devouring Shadows after each GCD

profit, watch all the pretty numbers flood the screen.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    Yep. Sucks for pyro though, unless you're forcing the ticks to cheese GoS on trash. It's the reason chloro is best AE, that and the ticks of charge continue during entropic veil.
    Sorry chloro is the best AE? am I missing something? only AE spells I see are corrosion and nature fury.... Am I missing something else?

Soulwalker

hehe - yeah, I am not so sure about chloro being best AE - at least not that I have seen. In fact - I haven't seen where the chloro DPS (AE or ST) is better than any of the other classes - but then, that is not what they're for.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieM View Post
    hehe - yeah, I am not so sure about chloro being best AE - at least not that I have seen. In fact - I haven't seen where the chloro DPS (AE or ST) is better than any of the other classes - but then, that is not what they're for.
    Yeah I don't know who's parsing this. Someone claimed this in a raid last night too. 2-3k DPS is simply not possible with Corrosion and NF. Not when it only ticks for a hundred damage a target. I don't think chloro is hitting 4 to 5 targets for 1400-1700 crits every GCD.

Champion of Telara

When will people learn to stop posting about broken ****?

And no, it's not every GCD. It's clipping the channel after the second tick and recasting it for the instant tick. The GCD is 1.5s. You recast the channel at 2.00001s.

It does kill your mana though, except for Firestorm with Smouldering Power up.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonkirie View Post
    Yeah I don't know who's parsing this. Someone claimed this in a raid last night too. 2-3k DPS is simply not possible with Corrosion and NF. Not when it only ticks for a hundred damage a target. I don't think chloro is hitting 4 to 5 targets for 1400-1700 crits every GCD.
    I've hit 2300 DPS with my chloro/lock in a 5 man. NF on opportunity, corrosion when its up, corrupting shadows for the rest. 2300 is highest, hit 2k a few times, 1500-1700 is frequent.

however.. thats with CS.. not with just corrosion and NF unless its a small pull. my NF crits for about 1600 I think.

+ Reply to Thread