+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Unofficial End Game PvE Mage Guide V 2.0

This thread helped a ton. Many thanks!

Shadowlander

Great post/blog!
    I've done all of RoS with 209 focus and never been resisted so I assume you only need 200.(or I'm extremely lucky)

hi all ;

anyone using that build in t1/t2 pve ?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...Auz.VMxtbxcobo

Quote Originally Posted by mizda View Post
    hi all ;

anyone using that build in t1/t2 pve ?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...Auz.VMxtbxcobo
    Yes, but with archon O.

Dont know ım realy confused abouth this cause ı use now pyro build in experts its seems to be single target is ok but , ı dont understand my dps is really low in experts.My gear is a little bit ok not really good.

Quote Originally Posted by mizda View Post
    Dont know ım realy confused abouth this cause ı use now pyro build in experts its seems to be single target is ok but , ı dont understand my dps is really low in experts.My gear is a little bit ok not really good.
    This spec relies on proper use of cooldowns to be very effective.
    When at 90+ charge use:
    Intensify Elements > Static Flux > Static Discharge > continue normal rotation.

Your DPS will spike up to massive which more then makes up for the lower single target DPS.

Also if there are 2 or more targets you should be using Forked Lightning and Lightning Field. Read "How Lightning Field Works" in my sig for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    This spec relies on proper use of cooldowns to be very effective.
    When at 90+ charge use:
    Intensify Elements > Static Flux > Static Discharge > continue normal rotation.

Your DPS will spike up to massive which more then makes up for the lower single target DPS.

Also if there are 2 or more targets you should be using Forked Lightning and Lightning Field. Read "How Lightning Field Works" in my sig for more details.
    Well, once you get some decent gear, you should be using Forked Lightning on single mobs as well ;)
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Well, once you get some decent gear, you should be using Forked Lightning on single mobs as well ;)
    Why would you use Forked Lightning on single mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Why would you use Forked Lightning on single mobs?
    Because it does more damage than thunderbolt.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Rift Disciple

With the upcoming nerfs to SC/Ele a lot of raiding mages are considering ulterior specs for raiding. I am curious if you have come across anything with comparable damage, Bluedot? As of current, our three raiding warriors are pulling between 1000-1200 dps, with the mages on their tail at ~1000+-. This is, of course, subject to change with 1.2 when trion screws us again. What is the current thought for PVE Progression guild mages with the upcoming patch?

To elaborate my current thoughts, the 38/28 lock/necro build with Alsbeth staff and draining bolt greater should add a significant amount of dps, however I am unsure if it will be comparable to the current SC/Ele builds. I am curious as to what Trion intends to leave us with, maybe we can just auto attack with our pretty relic staff.
    Last edited by Johnnybgoode; 04-28-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Back for round two!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybgoode View Post
    With the upcoming nerfs to SC/Ele a lot of raiding mages are considering ulterior specs for raiding. I am curious if you have come across anything with comparable damage, Bluedot? As of current, our three raiding warriors are pulling between 1000-1200 dps, with the mages on their tail at ~1000+-. This is, of course, subject to change with 1.2 when trion screws us again. What is the current thought for PVE Progression guild mages with the upcoming patch?

To elaborate my current thoughts, the 38/28 lock/necro build with Alsbeth staff and draining bolt greater should add a significant amount of dps, however I am unsure if it will be comparable to the current SC/Ele builds. I am curious as to what Trion intends to leave us with, maybe we can just auto attack with our pretty relic staff.
    Working on a 1.2 survival guide as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Because it does more damage than thunderbolt.
    Holy crap you are right.

The efficient on Thunderbolt is 27% while its 34% for Forked Lightning.

When you have 400 Spell Power they do equal damage, but above 400 Spell Power Forked Lightning does more.

Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Forked Lightning is currently affected by the Tempest bug. Meaning sometimes it does not get the additional 30% crit damage, while Thunderbolt does. This is being fixed in 1.2.
    Last edited by bluedot; 04-28-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybgoode View Post

I'm sure this has been said many times but if you subtract ALL the damage from Static Discharge on the highest parses for SC/Ele on Plutonus they are still doing 1400-1500 DPS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8