+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why do mages have no mobility? Only 2 mobility abilities in entire calling...

Telaran

Default Why do mages have no mobility? Only 2 mobility abilities in entire calling...

Flicker and Ride the Wind. As far as I can tell, they are the only two abilities in the entire mage calling that provides any sort of mobility. Not to mention that both are hidden 11 points into trees that have pretty much zero synergy with any other calling. What gives?
    Last edited by FrankyFastHands; 04-04-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Not gonna lie. I miss blink. The soul system is great in a lot of ways, but sometimes I wish we had baseline abilities for mages.

Alternately, just put a flicker equivalent in all the souls. (And make them all share a cooldown.)

Telaran

Mages have to move? I thought they just sat above codex or on bridge in their little circle. I must be doing it wrong!

Rift Disciple

Chloro tree: Wild Abandon + Unleashed Abandon = 11 seconds of root&snare immunity. 30 sec cd

Rank 5

Shadowlander

Sorry for going off-topic but have anyone noticed Flicker being malfunctioning from time to time?

Most recently I've been pissed in PvP from time to time when flicker didn't teleport me -> leaving me still in the claws of a madzor warrior or rogue xD

Noticed it happened a lot if I was jumping and then using Flicker, tried to use it to jump over small obstacles like cliff terrain. However the skill just went on CD without an effect (I was not CC'ed at most of these times, despite not having GoS)

Shadowlander

Doesn't seem to be much less than any other calling.

And to be fair, with those 11 points in Stormcaller, you also get a 25% damage reduction + instant snare on melee hit on a short cooldown.

If the only thing you spend charge on is Ride the Wind, you end up getting some insane mobility, anyway.

Rift Master

archon has a speed buff too, short term, not on your list

storm has slows and a knockback
    warlock has spammable fear and a root/slow
    dominator has spammable squirrel and a knockback

you can kite just fine given space, what's more important is what can you cast while moving or else moving means nothing, once again i think dots for death and insta casts in air skills are aplenty
    for me at least its usually about lack of space with mob density
    Last edited by Fernt; 04-05-2011 at 04:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread