+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Help with Archon rotation.

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    85

    Default Help with Archon rotation.

    So Im having some problems with archon and the DPS. I enjoy the buffs it gives but the dps seems kind of low... Now granted I am in only 4 purples and other blue and greens and my dps hovers between 400-450

    My cast sequence goes as follows
    leeching flame volcanic bomb surging flare earthen barrage rock slide pillaging stone

    I keep crumbling resistance up at all times and hit power drain to do a little bit more damage. I know im missing something but im not quite sure what. Please help.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Anybody? Please help this is really messing with me.

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara Furienify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Faeblight
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blbjtb View Post
    So Im having some problems with archon and the DPS. I enjoy the buffs it gives but the dps seems kind of low... Now granted I am in only 4 purples and other blue and greens and my dps hovers between 400-450

    My cast sequence goes as follows
    leeching flame volcanic bomb surging flare earthen barrage rock slide pillaging stone

    I keep crumbling resistance up at all times and hit power drain to do a little bit more damage. I know im missing something but im not quite sure what. Please help.
    I assume you're at level 50. Don't use Rock Slide unless it's to put up the INT buff; you lose DPS. You can drop Leeching Flames too.

    Earthen Barrage -> Volcanic Bomb -> Surging Flare -> Pillaging StonexN until EB/VB/SF are off CD.

    Put up all your debuffs first, make sure you've got Fire Armor up too (Ashen Defense is no longer considered Armor); toggle flaring power/waning power/power drain as needed.

    I can manage 600 or so DPS with this... which is really awkward, considering my benchmark for Greenscale was going to be 'Do more DPS than I do as an Archon' and a bunch of people can't outmatch me. :X
    Last edited by Furienify; 04-05-2011 at 04:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Dhamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    As an Archon, your DPS doesn't matter.

    Your job is to keep your buffs and debuffs up.

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara Ixath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Yeah, what I do is very similar.. and for the sake of always casting what is available I made a macro (and leeching flames is preference, I haven't tested without it yet):

    /cast leeching flames
    /cast neddra's torture
    /cast earthen barrage
    /cast volcanic bomb
    /cast surging flare
    /cast pillaging stone

    It seems that neddra's torture stacks with your other archon debuffs. Until I physically test it (or someone else does for me) I'm keeping it in the rotation. This gives a constant 10% increased spell damage on the target. Warlock I wanted the charge builder so I could have Power Drain on more. It works well for me. Having one macro to cast all of your spells makes life a lot easier. I've hit slightly over 600dps on the target dummy with this. It's a bit less when doing greenscale though. I may try dropping leeching flames or going 1 more in pyro to see how it changes though.

    Either way, having one macro to hit makes life a lot easier.. at least for me.

    I went 51 archon, 3 pyro, 12 warlock. I probably could have dropped one point in warlock for 4 in pyro, but it's all preference I guess. Haven't had any time to play around with it and see what is more efficient.

    Dhamp:
    It is very easy to have your buffs/debuffs up at all times as an archon. Once someone has that down, they need to maximize DPS. A 200 dps difference over a 10 minute figh, ends up being 120k damage.
    Last edited by Ixath; 04-05-2011 at 04:46 AM.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Dhamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post
    It is very easy to have your buffs/debuffs up at all times as an archon. Once someone has that down, they need to maximize DPS. A 200 dps difference over a 10 minute figh, ends up being 120k damage.
    of course.

    I've just seen far too many bards and archons care more about the deeps (or heeps for bards) than their actual role, one of support.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Raiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    of course.

    I've just seen far too many bards and archons care more about the deeps (or heeps for bards) than their actual role, one of support.
    Have you ever played Archon?
    Volanna, Mage of The Defiant guild Born In Chaos, of Freeholme......and yes, I do like Tacos.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Dhamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiff View Post
    Have you ever played Archon?
    Yes. It's my main spec.

    If your buffs and debuffs are up, and your short cooldowns are cooling, and you are spamming *something* (that isn't a DoT) your DPS is probably the best it's going to get. The concept of a rotation really doesn't apply.

    I've also run with Archons who get sloppy with barrage/volcanic/flare because they get spam-happy.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Ydyp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post
    Yeah, what I do is very similar.. and for the sake of always casting what is available I made a macro (and leeching flames is preference, I haven't tested without it yet):

    /cast leeching flames
    /cast neddra's torture
    /cast earthen barrage
    /cast volcanic bomb
    /cast surging flare
    /cast pillaging stone

    It seems that neddra's torture stacks with your other archon debuffs. Until I physically test it (or someone else does for me) I'm keeping it in the rotation. This gives a constant 10% increased spell damage on the target. Warlock I wanted the charge builder so I could have Power Drain on more. It works well for me. Having one macro to cast all of your spells makes life a lot easier. I've hit slightly over 600dps on the target dummy with this. It's a bit less when doing greenscale though. I may try dropping leeching flames or going 1 more in pyro to see how it changes though.

    Either way, having one macro to hit makes life a lot easier.. at least for me.

    I went 51 archon, 3 pyro, 12 warlock. I probably could have dropped one point in warlock for 4 in pyro, but it's all preference I guess. Haven't had any time to play around with it and see what is more efficient.

    Dhamp:
    It is very easy to have your buffs/debuffs up at all times as an archon. Once someone has that down, they need to maximize DPS. A 200 dps difference over a 10 minute figh, ends up being 120k damage.
    Isn't neddra's torture overwritten by the 5% increase magic dmg from archon?
    My rotation is the same without the neddra's torture as I dropped that point and only used 10 points in lock (charge increase= faster power drain and 10% chance at instant cast) and 5 in ele (for the 5% crit)

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    The concept of a rotation really doesn't apply.
    Of course a good rotation will increase Archon DPS. To suggest otherwise is wrong. (And obviously so.) The archon's dps in a raid may be the proverbial drop in the bucket, but not so in a smaller group.
    A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    All these strange rotations have inspired me to right up a an archon build and my current rotation and why. I will relink the the new post in here when I am through.

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara Ixath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ydyp View Post
    Isn't neddra's torture overwritten by the 5% increase magic dmg from archon?
    My rotation is the same without the neddra's torture as I dropped that point and only used 10 points in lock (charge increase= faster power drain and 10% chance at instant cast) and 5 in ele (for the 5% crit)
    Well, I can have both the debuff and neddra's torture on the mob at the same time. I haven't had ANY time at all to actually test and see if it is giving the 3% bonus or not. Soon as I get home from work we're raiding and then its bedtime ugh.

    either way, it is stacking with the 7% debuff archons also give. Someone with some time test to see if its actually increasing damage or not?

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    yeah i have this macro. i never go below like 90% mana and i use our mana buff when ever it is up on lowest person.
    /cast leeching flames
    /cast earthen barrage
    /cast volcanic bomb
    /cast surging flare
    /cast pillaging stone

    I think as and archon our job is to dps second and buff and keep the raid alive and hitting hard first.

    When full buffs
    i spam this on most fights but will save the buff bombs for times needed in strat fights. if i know 3 mages are blowing there increase dmg at the same time i will increase crit and speed casting then!! you can keep the buffs up most of the time and you can do a fair amount of dmg as well..

    yes if you drop leeching flames you will do a bit more dps but i feel it is better to be completely topped off and use you mana buff on whoever needs it.

    also keep up all debuffs on the mobs at the begining of the fight. and make sure you have BP up at all times.

    ppl dont understand this is not WOW.
    1 - i am pulling 600 dps and not helping the raid
    2 - i am pulling 500 dps and helping the raid pull 25 more dps per person lets see that is more than the 100 i would pull and if i time it correctly with there buffs they pull even more.

    what one kills the boss??

    A buff raid and solid dps

    not a selfish i worry about numbers prepubescent nerd raging wow reject.


    Now in saying this a player should maximize skill buff and dps to the best of their ability in that order.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post
    Well, I can have both the debuff and neddra's torture on the mob at the same time. I haven't had ANY time at all to actually test and see if it is giving the 3% bonus or not. Soon as I get home from work we're raiding and then its bedtime ugh.

    either way, it is stacking with the 7% debuff archons also give. Someone with some time test to see if its actually increasing damage or not?
    I rarely worry about nedras because we ussually have a lock in the group.. so i have not viewed this as needed

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    51 Archon is amazing. Match it with what you want. Probably pyro. But that 51 skill and all of those other buffs on, i put out at LEAST 1400 dmg per Pillaging stone. (half PS half BP)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts