+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fkking tired of cleric bllsht

Shadowlander

Default Fkking tired of cleric bllsht

Why do cleric dot specs do more than warlocks? buff warlock damage...

Ascendant

Why do mage heals do more healing than cleric heals? Buff cleric heals!

Thats the cool thing about Rift. It takes the mold, snaps it in half and throws it on the midden heap. You're not in Azeroth anymore, ergo, WoW's warlock is not something you will find in this game. I love that mages are viable main healers, I love that clerics and rogues can main tank and I love that all four callings can DPS and do well at it.

Clerics seem to be the jacks of all trades, they can tank, they can heal, they can DPS... but they're also the masters of none. Warriors tank better, Mages heal better, and everyone DPSes better... but no other calling can do everything.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

lol what!!!!!!!! mages heal better!! sounds like you guys spent too much time at nancy's tap dance studio you guys got to be out of your minds

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nevanus View Post
    lol what!!!!!!!! mages heal better!! sounds like you guys spent too much time at nancy's tap dance studio you guys got to be out of your minds
    Cleric can single target (such as Tank Heal) heal better, but Chloro is the best raid heal hands down. You'll always have both.

wouldn't call 5 target healing good raid heals

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ramea View Post
    wouldn't call 5 target healing good raid heals
    I'd call it better than single target, wouldn't you? You're going to have some Clerics and some Chloros in all raid situations. Chloro is in general the better healer, but Clerics are great at single target healing. They balance each other out.

Ascendant

There is a reason that the top raid guilds are using multiple chloros and only one or two clerics.

Anyways, if a cleric is out-DPSing your mage build on single targets, they either out-gear you by a fair bit, or your build/rotation sucks. Plain and simple. In my static group, for a single target our numbers look a bit like this:

Chloro: 300-500 DPS, 600-700 HPS
    Me (cleric): 700-900 DPS, 100-200 HPS

It works well for us, the chloro easily keeps up on heals (I'm better at single-target heals, he's better at group heals) and we get more DPS than if I healed it.

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    Why do mage heals do more healing than cleric heals? Buff cleric heals!

Thats the cool thing about Rift. It takes the mold, snaps it in half and throws it on the midden heap. You're not in Azeroth anymore, ergo, WoW's warlock is not something you will find in this game. I love that mages are viable main healers, I love that clerics and rogues can main tank and I love that all four callings can DPS and do well at it.

Clerics seem to be the jacks of all trades, they can tank, they can heal, they can DPS... but they're also the masters of none. Warriors tank better, Mages heal better, and everyone DPSes better... but no other calling can do everything.
    clerics are like the best tanks

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Malix View Post
    clerics are like the best tanks
    Sure, until you start getting hit with heavy magic damage. Clerics make solid tanks and are probably the best tanks for some things, but a warrior will do almost as well for physical damage, and will do MUCH better with magical damage. Warriors also get charge abilities as well as the ability to drag a mob to them every 8 seconds. Clerics get to LoS the mobs and hope that no one dies while they're trying to position the mobs. Warriors have options, clerics just get what they're given.

Clerics can do it. Warriors can do it better.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Cleric can single target (such as Tank Heal) heal better, but Chloro is the best raid heal hands down. You'll always have both.
    well, your statement is the exact opposite of truth.

Chloros are the best single target healers. several cleric specs do way more raid healing than chloros do. I main heal T2s with just a bard backup on my chloro. We have the largest single target heal in the game.

Repeat after me:

Chloros
    Are
    Main
    Healers

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Incorrect.

Prior to 1.1, I would have agreed that chloros were the best healers in the game. Now, I believe that clerics are. I've tank healed as a cleric and topped the meter. I've also AE healed as a cleric and topped the meter. I've don't both consistently and been leaps and bounds ahead of the other healers. And yes, I have several logs to prove it.
    Last edited by Rhendali; 04-04-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rhendali View Post
    Incorrect.

Prior to 1.1, I would have agreed that chloros were the best healers in the game. Now, I believe that clerics are. I've tank healed as a cleric and topped the meter. I've also AE healed as a cleric and topped the meter. I've don't both consistently and been leaps and bounds ahead of the other healers. And yes, I have several logs to prove it.
    LOLWUT

Every spell a chloro casts is a group heal (except bloom) with extra heals on (usually) the tank. They also push one of several different buttons and mana is no longer a problem for them. Clerics have to stop healing the tank to cast their group heals. They also have to worry about mana (pro-tip: AoE heals RAEP! cleric power).

What did 1.1 do for chloros? Well spores got nerfed... but everything else got boosted. Spores was 7% of my chloro friend's heals before 1.1. Now its closer to 3% but his healing output hasn't changed noticably (It has gone up, but that could be due to a number of un-1.1-related things).

What did 1.1 do for clerics? Well Surging Flames got nerfed, and we got a few bug fixes. Clerics didn't get better in 1.1, chloros did.

It comes down to this: I can put more healing on a single target than any chloro can. But I can't hope to match their group healing for more than 20 seconds due to power. And a chloro can dump enough heals on the tank to keep him up at the same time as doing decent damage.

A chloro can DPS and heal well. A cleric can DPS OR heal well.

Shadowlander

As someone who plays both cleric and chloro I will tell you definitively that:

chloromancers are better, faster, more efficient healers in *ALMOST* every single 5 man situation in this game

chloromancers are easier to play

gl hf mage buddies

Quote Originally Posted by freak4mma View Post
    Why do cleric dot specs do more than warlocks? buff warlock damage...
    warlocks are more like bacon.. or maybe chocolate. they compliment EVERY other calling, and make that calling better. i dont try to go pure warlock, but i use all the +dmg and insta cast tools it has to offer to make the other calling that much better.

Plane Touched

Should have rolled a resto druid....wait wha?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast