+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyro videos, both with and without powerball

Default Pyro videos, both with and without powerball

Finished them up. The last thread I made turned into what all threads turn into, pointless arguements and flames. I suppose that this thread could start some logical sensable discussion, but I doubt it. Anyway.

So, again, about 700 sp unbuffed, using 51/15 pyro/am build as shown in the video. Don't bother flaming me if you think I'm not "leet" enough for your "mad skillz" as the point of the video was to get some damage numbers on tape, not stroke my Epeen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcor7kN02GA

This first link shows me running around without the power ball, trying to get a fulminate crit. Took nearly the whole BG before one actually crit. It shows a number of both crit and non crit spell hits. The video will show an enemy pyro being destroyed in short order on 3 occasions (I suspect he had terrible gear), a CB crit for 2167, a flamebolt crit for about 1k, a fireball crit for 1.2k, an inferno crit for 1.6k, and non crit fulminate for 2k, and a crit fulminate for 3.5k. This BG was great for a control test as the guardians pretty much ignored me and did nothing constructive for their team. I didn't really have to try, just record the numbers. Like an idgit I was commentating the whole time but the video didn't record it, so occasionally you'll see me stop and pull something up or stare at a tree or wall...it's because I thought you could hear me :P Ooops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AjdASp05io

This video doesn't show me doing anything interesting damage wise, despite having the red wings of courage up. Yes I killed a pyro with it, but watch the rogue I went after next. He ignored me for a full 10-12 seconds before I gave up on him and attacked a cleric, which was equally pointless. Needless to say, these two guys knew what they were doing. Or maybe they got stupidly lucky? I doubt that though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPIFFZ3ynDU

Pretty straightforward whitefall game, with wings up. Not much to see, fireball crit for 2.k, cb non crit for 2.5k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjLPOpAHWew

More of the same, some lucky crits on someone's pet. Not sure why I even posted this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6WfvlF6hkQ

Last but not least, the wings fulminate crit I was trying to get. 5.8k on a squishy mage.

Now this is what I would consider a normal (but viable) pure dps pyro build. It's not a gimmicky dominator squirrel toaster build (and I have a screenshot of me critting with that build for 4.1k without wings) I'll be honest, at this point I'm not sure how people are critting for 9k+ without some type of blatant exploit (like the 2 hander offhand equip bug) or some other buggy failed mechanic in the game. An extra 200 or so SP from gear (thus 400 with wings) shouldn't push my crits up another 4000 points. It took 700 SP just to get me from 3.5k to 5.8k, so you tell me where the math in the mechanics is causing this, or what type of mechanic is being exploited to cause it.

I know what people claim, but I see what I see, and math and logic tell me that I'm missing something.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Chaser

Good info. I'd expect someone to come in shortly and say L2P since you're not critting as high as "normal pyros"

I don't play pyro but see a lot of the vids. Bout how vulnerable are you to mana drains? I see you're running pretty low in some of the vids. Without lock, I'm sol on my SC because of mana.

Just respecced 32pyro/15lock/2dom and i have to agree it isn't all THAT insane as some make it out to be.

A tweak to GoS would be all that is needed really.

The difference between powerup and no power up was night and day.

Champion of Telara

700 sp is something you got when you just hit 50 lvl.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    700 sp is something you got when you just hit 50 lvl.
    Not sure if it's lies or ignorance.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshio View Post
    Good info. I'd expect someone to come in shortly and say L2P since you're not critting as high as "normal pyros"

I don't play pyro but see a lot of the vids. Bout how vulnerable are you to mana drains? I see you're running pretty low in some of the vids. Without lock, I'm sol on my SC because of mana.
    Mana drains suck, but if a VK runs at me and power sinks as well as purges, he'll put me in a world of hurt mana/buff wise. It's the equivilant of being de-pantsed on the battlefield.

a little OT.

Thats done with the in-game recording device...looks kinda nice. I have problems with it, like when I watch my recorded videos they speeded suddenly... anyone know whats the problem?
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-04-2011 at 08:08 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Plane Touched

Thanks for the time and effort OP. This is encouraging me to do the same as I dont see these outrageous claims when I'm in my pyro role either.

aux

I thought my gear just sucked. But now I realize... you're right... all those big Pyro numbers that people are crying about, are most likely the result of exploits.
    Certain people do seem to hit so much harder than others.

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    I thought my gear just sucked. But now I realize... you're right... all those big Pyro numbers that people are crying about, are most likely the result of exploits.
    Certain people do seem to hit so much harder than others.
    The stuff that is in the 15k+ range are either macro'd-stupidly lucky or exploit hits.

With full end game gear and red ball, it's not to hard to hit for 8-9k every great once in awhile.
    Last edited by Comunique; 04-05-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Great post OP! I've been saying that people are exploiting to get that kind of damage because I can't get anywhere near those big numbers (comparatively). I definitely can't 1-3 shot people unless I have red wings and they are 8 levels lower than me and it still takes 3-5 shots.

Lets hope Trion sees the truth behind those big numbers and fixes the exploits that are going on because there's no way a Pyro is getting those numbers without the exploits.
    Last edited by Tiberius1; 04-05-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Rift Disciple

I had to have a good chuckle at this thread, because it seems to have been made from the perspective of 'hey pyros are fine, look at this damage'.

You realise that the burst damage you're putting out there in the first video outstrips the damage that any rogue in similar entry level gear can put out in pvp, from range, with greater damage negation, while being CC immune. No your individual numbers are not as high as some of the one-off screenshots of people being hit for more than their max health, but you didn't find anything strange about the fact that you were mowing through people while simply standing still and pressing 2 buttons? It didn't strike you as remotely strange? Play a lot of single player games?

You also seem confused about the events of the 2nd video, i assume because you don't understand the mechanics involved, you titled the video 'Immune to pyro' as if not being able to kill someone in 3 casts indicates there's a problem. You start attacking another GoS pyro, who isn't taking a lot of damage because he's in GoS, but with someone else also hitting him he drops after a couple of seconds. You then switch to a rogue, who very quickly drops to half life, he then pops a 2 minute deep nightblade cooldown that makes all attacks miss against him for several seconds, and is healed up to full by the cleric who walks in from the right. You cast a couple of times at the rogue while his CD is up, and miss, then decide he is 'immune to pyro' and change to trying to hit the cleric.

You don't show people's health values so it's not possible to judge gear and spec from the videos, rather silly as it means you have no idea if you're hitting a hard tank or not, but you cast on the cleric for about 3 seconds while he heals himself, and surprisingly enough doesn't die before going out of LOS of you. You then stay in your GoS instead of going after anyone, and you can see from your target that the rogue who popped his cooldown earlier is very easily killed offscreen by someone else a moment later.

You seem to hold a rosy viewpoint of how fights are expected to go. I assume this comes from simply not having played the other callings at 50, and also from not registering the fact that all the people on the other team who are just walking out and dying without being able to accomplish anything are players too. Maybe they need to 'L2P' and get some skills like you display in the video?

Let me leave you with something to ponder - there are plenty of common pvp specs of a couple of callings, that when faced with a cleric in pvp gear, spec'd for survivability and healing, who is keeping himself up instead of trying to kill them back... cannot ever kill them. I don't mean it takes a long time, i mean the cleric will not ever die 1on1 unless they go out of mana, which they probably won't. As a ranged class with CC immunity and heavy damage reduction running with no healing debuff at all, if you are burning down clerics 1on1, even if it takes you more than a few casts, you're still in a much better position than most of the people in the WF.

The idea that mages are fine so long as their abilities don't 1-shot people, is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Teoh View Post
    I had to have a good chuckle at this thread, because it seems to have been made from the perspective of 'hey pyros are fine, look at this damage'.

You realise that the burst damage you're putting out there in the first video outstrips the damage that any rogue in similar entry level gear can put out in pvp, from range, with greater damage negation, while being CC immune. No your individual numbers are not as high as some of the one-off screenshots of people being hit for more than their max health, but you didn't find anything strange about the fact that you were mowing through people while simply standing still and pressing 2 buttons? It didn't strike you as remotely strange? Play a lot of single player games?

You also seem confused about the events of the 2nd video, i assume because you don't understand the mechanics involved, you titled the video 'Immune to pyro' as if not being able to kill someone in 3 casts indicates there's a problem. You start attacking another GoS pyro, who isn't taking a lot of damage because he's in GoS, but with someone else also hitting him he drops after a couple of seconds. You then switch to a rogue, who very quickly drops to half life, he then pops a 2 minute deep nightblade cooldown that makes all attacks miss against him for several seconds, and is healed up to full by the cleric who walks in from the right. You cast a couple of times at the rogue while his CD is up, and miss, then decide he is 'immune to pyro' and change to trying to hit the cleric.

You don't show people's health values so it's not possible to judge gear and spec from the videos, rather silly as it means you have no idea if you're hitting a hard tank or not, but you cast on the cleric for about 3 seconds while he heals himself, and surprisingly enough doesn't die before going out of LOS of you. You then stay in your GoS instead of going after anyone, and you can see from your target that the rogue who popped his cooldown earlier is very easily killed offscreen by someone else a moment later.

You seem to hold a rosy viewpoint of how fights are expected to go. I assume this comes from simply not having played the other callings at 50, and also from not registering the fact that all the people on the other team who are just walking out and dying without being able to accomplish anything are players too. Maybe they need to 'L2P' and get some skills like you display in the video?

Let me leave you with something to ponder - there are plenty of common pvp specs of a couple of callings, that when faced with a cleric in pvp gear, spec'd for survivability and healing, who is keeping himself up instead of trying to kill them back... cannot ever kill them. I don't mean it takes a long time, i mean the cleric will not ever die 1on1 unless they go out of mana, which they probably won't. As a ranged class with CC immunity and heavy damage reduction running with no healing debuff at all, if you are burning down clerics 1on1, even if it takes you more than a few casts, you're still in a much better position than most of the people in the WF.

The idea that mages are fine so long as their abilities don't 1-shot people, is laughable.
    Like it or not, the OP is showing that normal pyro abilities are not 1 shotting people, not even close. If you have enough intelligence to grasp what he is doing then that giant post you just made makes no sense in context to what this thread is about.

There are obvious exploits of game mechanics going on by some people and that needs to be fixed. When the exploits are fixed and/if the Devs decide GoS needs to be tuned down a bit more, then 95% on the crying will stop. But to want a class nerfed because people are exploiting and causing crazy damage is not the way to go.

My mage isn't 50 yet, but my rogue is and my Cleric is close and even on the receiving end of a Pyro I just don't see the reason for the crying. Maybe it's because I play a mage also and I know how frail they are (especially a Pyro minus GoS) and I also know the truth about their damage. Yes Pyro's have good damage..and they should absolutely have it because they can die faster than they can kill. Hard to believe if all you play against is GoS turrets, but from the experience of actually playing a Pyro into the upper levels I can tell you without a doubt they die WAY faster than my rogue (and we won't even get into my Cleric).
    Last edited by Tiberius1; 04-05-2011 at 04:26 AM.

The thing about the big crit numbers is that just about every mage soul has something that adds bonuses to either base or crit damage, and it ALL STACKS.

I'm also fairly certain that even if the wings buff is removed you will still be able to 1shot someone fairly reliably with just a CinderBurst + talented squirl + 3 ranks in Archmage + all the pyro self-buffs (and decent gear)
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

I'v said it before and I'll say it again, the problem is not with the pyro, its with the wf buff and how easy it is to get and maintain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast