+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About to start Experts.. thoughts on 44/22 Arch/Chlor?

Default About to start Experts.. thoughts on 44/22 Arch/Chlor?

So I've always loved DPSng but I'm always forced to mainheal my friends because, well, I'm good at it.
    I consider 23 points in Chloro as my bare minimum to mainheal and my normal MH specs have been 30/26/10 Lock/Chlor/Arch and various other combinations of Arch/Chlor/Lock with never less than 23 Chlor

I was looking at 44/22 and Im wondering if the permanent 10% casting speed increase is worth the +25% synth buff. I havn't stepped foot into Experts yet as I finally dinged 50 last night so I'm not sure. I think the 10% cast speed would help with offhealing and oh **** times but the 25% seems huge.

Any experienced Chloro advice is welcome.

Telaran

Default err

most people are saying beyond 32 points in chloro is worthless, but its just what i've read and personally i have to agree none of the chloro abilities past 32 seem useful and all of them seem very situational.

I've made a chloro/archon spec 32/32 with a few extra points to mess with.

It's nice because you get an extra 1k hp rune shield every thirty seconds, it's not amazing special but it's nice to have. The biggest annoyance is a lot of rogues put a few points in bard to get the armor bonus song and it overwrites your armor aura, which means you will lose out on the extra bonuses you get from having all your auras active. The build is fun to play with, and the self buffs are pretty good and helps you DPS a little better. I'm not sure if the bonus 100 int or so you can get from archon self buffs (strength of stone and rockslide) is > 20% damage boost from warlock tree, probably someone less lazy than me can test.

This build is micro-manage heavy which is kind of obnoxious having to recast auras every 5 minutes and some are overriden by other buffs, but I'm pretty sure with less than 32 points in chloro your healing will probably be gimped. I'd put more on chloro if you want to main heal.
    Video of best Mage spec in action! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

2 replies and neither had to do with my post
    I'm talking about a 44 archon/22 chloro spec and if the 44 pt archon ability is worth losing +25% synthesis healing

I ran a 44/16/6 Chloro/Archon/Ele and it works very well for off- and even main-heals.

I don't think that a full Archon spec is really necessary for Experts, because of the small group size. In raids, a full Archon spec would be much more valuable.
    ~Mjollnir - Dwarf Mage
    ~ NÓridhrien - High Elf Ranger (in your warfronts, hiding from warriors)

Knowledge and sorrow oft walk hand-in-hand.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu View Post
    I'm not sure if the bonus 100 int or so you can get from archon self buffs (strength of stone and rockslide) is > 20% damage boost from warlock tree, probably someone less lazy than me can test.

This build is micro-manage heavy which is kind of obnoxious having to recast auras every 5 minutes and some are overriden by other buffs, but I'm pretty sure with less than 32 points in chloro your healing will probably be gimped. I'd put more on chloro if you want to main heal.
    23 is all you need in chloro to boost your base synthesis heals in the tree. The remaining 9 points are so are spent in fillers normally, but your nuke heals won't see much if any benefit.

25% off your direct synthesis heals is significant, but not the end of the world. I've main healed experts with the same build and the 18% (don't forget the base 8% casting speed from arch auras) haste is extremely nice. Now that they fixed power in numbers to correctly grant the 2nd rank boost, you'll get a permanent 16% boost to all your nukes (which kind of offsets the 20% loss from lock), but it will also boost your direct heals. And you'll never run into mana issues with a chlorochon build.

That said, it's not raid viable in the least.
    Shaggir - Guardian/Tearfall - lvl 50 Chloro/something depending on the day

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggir View Post
    23 is all you need in chloro to boost your base synthesis heals in the tree. The remaining 9 points are so are spent in fillers normally, but your nuke heals won't see much if any benefit.

25% off your direct synthesis heals is significant, but not the end of the world. I've main healed experts with the same build and the 18% (don't forget the base 8% casting speed from arch auras) haste is extremely nice. Now that they fixed power in numbers to correctly grant the 2nd rank boost, you'll get a permanent 16% boost to all your nukes (which kind of offsets the 20% loss from lock), but it will also boost your direct heals. And you'll never run into mana issues with a chlorochon build.

That said, it's not raid viable in the least.

TY for your input. For raid viability what would you say is the bare minimum Chlor? 23? That 1 point takes away all raid viability or is it the fact that I don't fill the role of a 51 archon or a 32 Chlor so by splitting I'm gimping the raid?

+ Reply to Thread