+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deathtouched Soulstone - Question.

Rift Disciple

Default Deathtouched Soulstone - Question.

So, this Deathtouched Soulstone reads - After casting draining bolt, your damage over time spells deal an additional 111 damage for the next 20 seconds...

My question is, has anyone gotten this item, does it mean that all my DoT ticks will do an additional 111 damage, or does it mean, the overall spell will do 111 more damage. I think the wording on this item is poor and vague. Has anyone tested it to know exactly what it does before I blow my 50 inscribed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    So, this Deathtouched Soulstone reads - After casting draining bolt, your damage over time spells deal an additional 111 damage for the next 20 seconds...

My question is, has anyone gotten this item, does it mean that all my DoT ticks will do an additional 111 damage, or does it mean, the overall spell will do 111 more damage. I think the wording on this item is poor and vague. Has anyone tested it to know exactly what it does before I blow my 50 inscribed?
    Its the total damage, not the ticks

Rift Disciple

GDI, haha that'd of been so epic if it was to each tick.

Ascendant

That's kind of insane for short duration dots like searing vit.

Telaran

Default Pathetic

I was in doubt for about a week, but today I've finally bought it. And I just have no words to describe my frustration... This essence is a joke. Did you even tested this item, Trion?

It adds ~111 to overall dot damage.. So, say I cast ' Searing Vitality', 11 tics for 66 damage each = 726 total damage. Now I cast my 'Drain Bolt' to get essence proc and cast 'SV' again, now it's 11 tics for 77 damage each = 847 total damage. 847-726=121
    Same procedure with 'Dark Touch'. Without proc it's 9 ticks for 101 damage each = 909. And with proc 9x113 = 1017. 1017-909=108.
    You kidding me? 111 more damage over full duration of dot? (12-16 sec).
    Let's assume I'm using 4 different dots (most necrolocks using just 3) and I have 'Deathtouched Soulstone' proc up all the time, not just 20 sec every 30 sec. So we have 111x4=444 bonus damage over ~15 sec (Necrosis 18, Dark Touch 16, Defile 16, Life Leach 12 (mean value 15.5)) ... 444/15=29,6 dps!!!!

Spent about a hour on training dummy. My overall dps was a bit better with lesser essence (17 int, 14 wis, 7sp) in that slot... Cool and useful essence for 50! sourcestones. Not to mention this essence is bugged and sometime it just doesn't proc off 'Drain Bolt'.
    So disappointing .

P.S. Sorry for my english.
    Last edited by Aliram; 04-13-2011 at 02:07 PM.

All greater essences are garbage.

Trion probably didn't test properly.

You would think they should be triple good as lesser since you sacrifice flexibility, but no, they are worse than lesser!. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aliram View Post
    I was in doubt for about a week, but today I've finally bought it. And I just have no words to describe my frustration... This essence is a joke. Did you even tested this item, Trion?

It adds ~111 to overall dot damage.. So, say I cast ' Searing Vitality', 11 tics for 66 damage each = 726 total damage. Now I cast my 'Drain Bolt' to get essence proc and cast 'SV' again, now it's 11 tics for 77 damage each = 847 total damage. 847-726=121
    Same procedure with 'Dark Touch'. Without proc it's 9 ticks for 101 damage each = 909. And with proc 9x113 = 1017. 1017-909=108.
    You kidding me? 111 more damage over full duration of dot? (12-16 sec).
    Let's assume I'm using 4 different dots (most necrolocks using just 3) and I have 'Deathtouched Soulstone' proc up all the time, not just 20 sec every 30 sec. So we have 111x4=444 bonus damage over ~15 sec (Necrosis 18, Dark Touch 16, Defile 16, Life Leach 12 (mean value 15.5)) ... 444/15=29,6 dps!!!!

Spent about a hour on training dummy. My overall dps was a bit better with lesser essence (17 int, 14 wis, 7sp) in that slot... Cool and useful essence for 50! sourcestones. Not to mention this essence is bugged and sometime it just doesn't proc off 'Drain Bolt'.
    So disappointing .

P.S. Sorry for my english.
    sounds quite awesome to me...
    from your numbers

Searing Vitality: ~16% increase in dmg
    Dark Touch: ~12% increase in dmg

what exactly dont you like about this ?

the fact that it does not always proc is bad though.

ofc what would make it OP would be having it scale with gear !
    Last edited by Newmaidumosa; 05-09-2011 at 06:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread