+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stacking Archons

Default Stacking Archons

Power in numbers - increase your damage and healing by x% for each archon aura you have active

speed in numbers - reduces the cast time of your spells by x% for each archon aura you have active

now as far as I know there is no difference in the name of the archon buffs (the debuff you put on yourself vs the buff you put on your party mates) so if there were 2 archons in a group and one of them put there aura's up then wouldn't those buffs count for power and speed in numbers for BOTH archons?

if this is true then you could have one archon in a raid be the sacrificial buffer and the rest of the mages would be xxx/archon and would get all of the buffs + speed/power in numbers without any of the downsides

too bad i don't have any friends that are archons or else i would test this myself

Rift Disciple

I think it's only each aura YOU have active not each one active in the raid. Would be ridiculous otherwise lol

no it wouldn't be ridiculous because since the buffs have the same name they overwrite each other. each archon would still only have 5 aura's on them

i'm getting off work soon and maybe i can find a random mage to help me out
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 04-04-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Plane Touched

was in a group with a very annoying chloromancer and they only work if you have the negative version.
    Archon is sort of designed to only ever be one in a group no matter the size even other people subbing archon interferes with the main one.

those buffs would probably be way overpowered if other mages could get the 5 stack bonus without even using the auras.

same name doesn't matter btw, the game uses internal ID numbers to recognize things not the names.

Telaran

Don't worry chloro's have the exact same problem with LGV and synth buff. Was in a group this weekend and we was gonna try 2 chloro healer's and we found out that my LGV heals was not amplified by other person synth buff and my synth buff would just overwrite thiers on top of the penelty that we can't get heals from each other through LGV either.

They really need to fix stacking issues as this hurts a couple of mage classes. Necro pet with LD being overwritten that lowers necro damage, archon aura not useable with other archons or buffs overwritting lowerign thier damage, casttime, mana reduction and heal bonuses, chloros not being able to heal a tank if more then one, possibly warlock 51 damage ability being overwrote by lesser buffs(haven't tested this one but heard it's the case), etc.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    no it wouldn't be ridiculous because since the buffs have the same name they overwrite each other. each archon would still only have 5 aura's on them

i'm getting off work soon and maybe i can find a random mage to help me out
    I get what you're saying. Spec into Archon high enough where you get those, but then only the 51 Archon puts up all the buffs. So you get the benefit of the % speed stuffs to spells without sacrificing your own stats to do so. Interesting, I don't honestly know. Not a lot of us Archons running around the place. Though it does sound like something that if true and found out, Trion may change. Otherwise you kinda would force all raid specs to take Archon as secondary.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fluhi View Post
    Don't worry chloro's have the exact same problem with LGV and synth buff. Was in a group this weekend and we was gonna try 2 chloro healer's and we found out that my LGV heals was not amplified by other person synth buff and my synth buff would just overwrite thiers on top of the penelty that we can't get heals from each other through LGV either.

They really need to fix stacking issues as this hurts a couple of mage classes. Necro pet with LD being overwritten that lowers necro damage, archon aura not useable with other archons or buffs overwritting lowerign thier damage, casttime, mana reduction and heal bonuses, chloros not being able to heal a tank if more then one, possibly warlock 51 damage ability being overwrote by lesser buffs(haven't tested this one but heard it's the case), etc.
    This isn't right. LGV is a personal buff and is not over-written by another Chloro. Obviously only one synthesis is possible to be up on any one target at any one time. Decide which chloro is a better single target DPS/HPS and dump their synth on the main tank and the second chloro (and probably 3rd chloro in raids) puts synth on 2ndary tank or main healer/ridunkulous DPS who decides to pull aggro from a bad tank :P In raid situations the second/third chloro should have points in phytogenesis and the main healers shouldn't, because casting spores is just a wasted GCD. The extra chloros will still be able to heal the tank via LGV, it's just that the healing will be ****ty because the tank isn't synthed for them.

As for your comments about Looming Demise being overwritten: Yes your personal LD is overwritten...by someone elses LD. It is still up on the target! It still gives your pet the buff! You do NOT lose DPS because of it, if you're losing DPS it's probably because you are wasting GCD competing to cast LD with the other necro. Also deathly calling stacks is shared between necros; everything pretty much stacks except for spores and archon buffs, which if you take a second to think about is probably a good thing. Otherwise we would all be imba as hell!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by woopedazz View Post
    This isn't right. LGV is a personal buff and is not over-written by another Chloro. Obviously only one synthesis is possible to be up on any one target at any one time. Decide which chloro is a better single target DPS/HPS and dump their synth on the main tank and the second chloro (and probably 3rd chloro in raids) puts synth on 2ndary tank or main healer/ridunkulous DPS who decides to pull aggro from a bad tank :P In raid situations the second/third chloro should have points in phytogenesis and the main healers shouldn't, because casting spores is just a wasted GCD. The extra chloros will still be able to heal the tank via LGV, it's just that the healing will be ****ty because the tank isn't synthed for them.

As for your comments about Looming Demise being overwritten: Yes your personal LD is overwritten...by someone elses LD. It is still up on the target! It still gives your pet the buff! You do NOT lose DPS because of it, if you're losing DPS it's probably because you are wasting GCD competing to cast LD with the other necro. Also deathly calling stacks is shared between necros; everything pretty much stacks except for spores and archon buffs, which if you take a second to think about is probably a good thing. Otherwise we would all be imba as hell!
    Say you need 2 healers for whatever reason, 2 chloro's can not heal because they don't stack do the cleric healers have this problem? This leaves you with one chloro that can only heal good through flourish and bloom as NT doesnt' work on target like it does with synth on them and vile heals less then bloom/flourish without synth on the tank basically making it a healer and bard/justicar setup not a 2 healer setup. About LGV can't be overwritten i didn't even say that i know it can't by another but while active you don't get heals from another chloro to prevent 2 chloro's putting synth on each other and using this to heal so they now effectively get half the splash heal as rest of group because of this would rather they just make it so synth couldn't be put on a target with LGV or overwrite LGV and vise versa which would have same effect but allow chloro's to get same heals as rest of group.

LD if it performs anything like synth buff is doing your pet would not use it as your personal LD was wiped out and other debuffs can remove LD i know of at least one in archon that does. With the way stacking is working currently in this game I'm pretty sure LD doesn't still work for you when it is gone from the debuff list on target for you though would have to be tested to see if it does or doesn't. DC i believe is currently bugged in that all DC are being use by all Necro pets.

Power in numbers - increase your damage and healing by x% for each archon aura you have active

speed in numbers - reduces the cast time of your spells by x% for each archon aura you have active

now as far as I know there is no difference in the name of the archon buffs (the debuff you put on yourself vs the buff you put on your party mates) so if there were 2 archons in a group and one of them put there aura's up then wouldn't those buffs count for power and speed in numbers for BOTH archons?

if this is true then you could have one archon in a raid be the sacrificial buffer and the rest of the mages would be xxx/archon and would get all of the buffs + speed/power in numbers without any of the downsides

too bad i don't have any friends that are archons or else i would test this myself

Both Power in Numbers and Speed in Numbers are tied with the negative effects of your Auras.

Each Archon aura has 2 versions. While they have the same name and icon, one is a debuff with 4:59 min timer and second is a buff without timer on your allies. As long as you have an aura with timer on yourself, you benefit from PiN and SiN.

Both versions of the same aura are mutually exclusive, meaning that you can't have the negative effect of particular aura on yourself while also having the positive effect. The same goes for 2 positive effects (auras).

Therefore Archons (and their auras) are unstackable and any determined raid leader will want one and only one Archon. Not two, not tree, only one.

In other words, 2 Archons are both unable to maintain their own auras at the same time, only one of them will be (or they can divide). And yes, this is bad, very very bad.
    Which is worse? Ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?

Rift Disciple

on the necro part LD and necrosis works even if it is not ur own i am unsure if the other debuff do

same reason as SC electrify debuff i gues would be kidna insane dmg from cloud burst to stack 3 or more SC in that way

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mage souls View Post
    Both Power in Numbers and Speed in Numbers are tied with the negative effects of your Auras.

Each Archon aura has 2 versions. While they have the same name and icon, one is a debuff with 4:59 min timer and second is a buff without timer on your allies. As long as you have an aura with timer on yourself, you benefit from PiN and SiN.

Both versions of the same aura are mutually exclusive, meaning that you can't have the negative effect of particular aura on yourself while also having the positive effect. The same goes for 2 positive effects (auras).

Therefore Archons (and their auras) are unstackable and any determined raid leader will want one and only one Archon. Not two, not tree, only one.

In other words, 2 Archons are both unable to maintain their own auras at the same time, only one of them will be (or they can divide). And yes, this is bad, very very bad.
    I have a question on a similar note to this, which I haven't seen addressed yet. Lets say you have one full archon and another mage with archon as a secondary soul. If the offspec archon doesn't use the auras and only uses the self buffs, will these effects stack with the related aura effects that the main spec archon was using?

For example, Archon 1 casts Shared Vigor on himself. Archon 2 uses Searing Vitality. Will Archon 2 get the endurance from both effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Dezyne View Post
    I have a question on a similar note to this, which I haven't seen addressed yet. Lets say you have one full archon and another mage with archon as a secondary soul. If the offspec archon doesn't use the auras and only uses the self buffs, will these effects stack with the related aura effects that the main spec archon was using?

For example, Archon 1 casts Shared Vigor on himself. Archon 2 uses Searing Vitality. Will Archon 2 get the endurance from both effects?
    yes, they do stack

BUT i tested this in raid and speed/power in numbers doesnt work so it's not worth it at all

Rift Disciple

yes, they do stack

BUT i tested this in raid and speed/power in numbers doesnt work so it's not worth it at all
    Thanks for the answer. Yeah I was more thinking for my Warlock build, which will take Leeching Flames for its dotness. I'd use opp. procs to refresh my self buffs, and was wondering if they would be pointless once I get to endgame.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mage souls View Post
    why this is bad? the buffing effect of archon auras is greater than the debuffing one, plus the self-buffs, plus the "XXX in numbers" buffs... two archons eliding each others debuff effect whith their buffs would become pretty OP.
    auras are raid-wide so the raid dont have nothing to gain from multiple archons, where's the problem here?
    Last edited by Ruizo; 04-08-2011 at 07:23 AM.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Champion

This thread discussion is a moot point.

You have 2 archons, the one archon who uses his aura buffs...nerfs his own stats/speed, gains a 20% power bonus from all 5 up, and the stacks personal buffs and debuffs to bring back to where he would have been stat wise before the auras nerfed him.

Archon number two, gains all the benefits of the first archons aura buffs, stacks his own personal buffs.

So archon number 2, who isnt using his auras, will benefit about as much as any other straight DPS mage would...so why have 2 archons? Why not swap to a straight DPS mage role, enjoy the archons buffs, and not try to be a second archon simply for the lulz?
    Last edited by Crunchyblack; 04-08-2011 at 08:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast