+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Storm caller...The non friendly macro spec..

Telaran

Default Storm caller...The non friendly macro spec..

I am racking my brain to figure out some macros to use with my SC; However, I cant think of hardly any to save my life. Can you guys let me know what macros you use if any?

Shadowlander

You really want to reduce playing this game to smashing 1 button like an Archon build?

Telaran

Yes.... very much so.....

/sarcasm off

Not so much I want to reduce it to just smashing of one button. I would however prefer not to actually use 10 keys to do what i need to do.

Maybe someone smarter than I am has come up with a way, but I've bent my brain around it for a couple weeks and I just don't see how it can be done. Most of the spells that you "spam" are instant with no cooldown, and the debuffing spells are 1.5 seconds with no cooldown.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Maybe someone smarter than I am has come up with a way, but I've bent my brain around it for a couple weeks and I just don't see how it can be done. Most of the spells that you "spam" are instant with no cooldown, and the debuffing spells are 1.5 seconds with no cooldown.
    This is the same problem I am having. I obviously respect the class and I really enjoy the play style but at the same time my little brain can only cycle so much while watching debuffs and making sure electrify is up. and Spamming whatever I need to spam...

Now in my mind I have it down to maybe spread out among 4-5 keys but even that is a mental overload some times. Normally I would just say meh go pyro and its all cake but the AOE dps is just sooo tempting.

Default My best take

This is a working plan - please feel free to modify and give suggestions/comments. Right now, this is just my best attempt to macro the stormcaller/elemental class. Some of these macros require getting electrify/hypothermic set up before you start spamming.

Macro #1
    #show lightning strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast intensify elements
    cast lightning strike
    cast lightning field (or thunderbolt maybe?)

CC Macro
    #show flash freeze
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast flash freeze
    cast encase

AoE Macro
    #show lightning storm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast intensify elements
    cast hailstorm
    cast lightning storm
    cast forked lightning (though about adding in arctic blast before this, but need to get 3 FL's in)

Macro #2
    #show ice shear
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast intensify elements
    cast raging storm
    cast lightning strike
    cast ice shear

Knockback macro
    #show icy gale
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast wind chill
    cast icy gale

That is my best attempt - feedback would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeg View Post
    This is a working plan - please feel free to modify and give suggestions/comments. Right now, this is just my best attempt to macro the stormcaller/elemental class. Some of these macros require getting electrify/hypothermic set up before you start spamming.

Macro #1
    #show lightning strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast intensify elements
    cast lightning strike
    cast lightning field (or thunderbolt maybe?)

CC Macro
    #show flash freeze
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast flash freeze
    cast encase

AoE Macro
    #show lightning storm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast intensify elements
    cast hailstorm
    cast lightning storm
    cast forked lightning (though about adding in arctic blast before this, but need to get 3 FL's in)

Macro #2
    #show ice shear
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast intensify elements
    cast raging storm
    cast lightning strike
    cast ice shear

Knockback macro
    #show icy gale
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast wind chill
    cast icy gale

That is my best attempt - feedback would be appreciated.
    Some of these would actually work, though you would still have some issues managing debuffs properly. Also I would put lightning field in the AOE one. Also, Macro #2, you would want ice shear up before casting lightning strike. Plus, you want hypothermia up any time you're spamming/nuking, and some of your macros don't include that. You'd still be left managing non cooldowns like icicle and ice shear off macro.

I dunno, I'll have to try these and see how bad they screw me up. I'm used to the keyboard dance. (27 hotkeys between my keyboard and my mouse ((12 on the mouse alone)) and this would take some getting used to)
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 04-04-2011 at 10:58 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Telaran

thus far what do you think about this as my AOE macro
    These macros would be for my Sc/Elm
    #show lightning storm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast hailstorm
    cast lightning storm
    cast burning ground
    cast flash freeze
    cast lightning field X3

Then on a different key I would probably put forked lightning then go back to the AOE macro as it should just do lightning field until hail storm and lighting storm are back in action...

As far as single target goes.
    #show lightning strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast lightning strike
    cast arctic blast
    cast raging storm
    cast electrocute
    cast thunderbolt

Only real problem with this is ice shear damn no Cooldown spell

With both of these I wouldnt mind putting both intensify elements and static discharge I mean really with them being available every two min its just something else to look at....

So what else am I missing I know i am new at this macro thing but this doesnt look to craptastic.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Keeg View Post

AoE Macro
    #show lightning storm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast intensify elements
    cast hailstorm
    cast lightning storm
    As mentioned before you dont need to worry about the Fls because lighting storm is already going to Electrify them so thats really NBD take a look at what I put and see what you think.

Also anyone one else at work lol I feel like such a bum =)

Telaran

So the spec I am using is pretty standard I believe.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Auz.VMhtoxcsbo

But i think i want to move a few points around so it looks more like this...
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Auz.VG0xbxcsbo

Not really feeling the run speed and not really sold on 12% less cast time I dont really find myself casting a ton of ice spells so only shaving off .3 sec doesn't seem that amazing but again I could be wrong

As mentioned before you dont need to worry about the Fls because lighting storm is already going to Electrify them so thats really NBD take a look at what I put and see what you think.

Rift Disciple

Honestly, I like the way the class is, despite (because of?) it's macro-unfriendliness. I like that it's about managing tokens, and cycling different spells to optimize their efficiency based on what tokens are down and how long before you must refresh them.

It makes it a thinking class, rather than something Joe Mediocre can look up on the internet to copy a build and dutifully enter a macro in so he can pwn.

And that's how more things should be. The only thing I actually like macros for is reactives.

Telaran

And that is awesome that is your oppinion. And just because I enjoy macro doesnt make me a "Joe medocer" It is just a different way to play the game that is all.

I made one for just adding Electrified

#show Thunderbolt
    Cast Static Discharge
    Cast Raging Storm
    Cast Thunderbolt

Though now I might add LS before Thunderbolt

Since my secondary spec is Dom

I have
    #show Void Shroud
    cast Transference
    cast Accelerated Decay
    cast Priest's Lament
    cast Void Shroud

Now I have my IC debuffs with cooldowns on one button.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Quru View Post
    You really want to reduce playing this game to smashing 1 button like an Archon build?
    People act like this is a bad thing. Mages and bards a few of the classes that could easily give you carpal tunnel in this game. "Hmm, I have 6 nukes to choose from, 5 dots, 2 cc, 2 roots, 8 abilities on short cooldowns, 2 shields, 5 buffs..."

yeah, you get the point. There's like 30-50 commands to juggle at any time for some specs/classes.

I'm pretty sure my mage in WoW used about 1/2 of the abilities regularly.

Aeo
    Soulwalker

I used to play nec/lock, pyo heavily build b4, play some dom and archon soul and I am not familiar with SC, ele after tried invest heavily in SC, I design few Macro, I would like to share and welcome any opinion to improve them
    I am lvl 46 now and put 5 in archmage for breakfree and detaunt, 10 in warlock for charge and oppoturnity, others in SC
    following Macro are taking reference from previous post which including ele soul skills, I didn't test with them, but I keep them there for no harm and maybe useful for ele soul combination
    1. Macro for knockback
    #show Arctic Blast
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Electrocute
    cast Wind Chill
    cast Flash Freeze
    cast Absolute Zero
    cast Arctic Blast
    cast Icicle

2. Macro for self protect
    #show Icy Vortex
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Static Barrier
    cast Icy Vortex
    cast Storm Guard
    cast Detaunt
    cast Break Free

3.Macro for AOE
    #show lightning storm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast intensify elements
    cast hailstorm
    cast lightning storm
    cast forked lightning
    cast Lightning Field

4.Macro for istant spam
    #show ice shear
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast intensify elements
    cast raging storm
    cast lightning strike
    cast ice shear

5.Macro for standing cast and oppoturnity
    #show Absolute Zero
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Absolute Zero
    cast Arctic Blast
    cast Icicle

6.Macro for anti-CC
    #show Flicker
    cast Flicker (I share the same macro with my pyro XD)
    cast Break Free
    cast Detaunt

Any comments?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast