+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sc/Lock pvp 32/29/5 compared to 29/32/5

Rift Disciple

Default Sc/Lock pvp 32/29/5 compared to 29/32/5

Here's the dilema

I started with 29 stormcaller and 32 into lock, giving me the 'shield wall' and the choke silence from warlock.

Then i flipped to 32 into sc to get the single target damage buff every 2 mins (instead of the essence shield wall thing) and you gain the lightning storm

but im starting to think the 32 into lock is better....does anyone find lightning storm kind of lacking? i can cast 2-3 forked lightnigns int he same period of time anyway then aoe them down, sure it doesn't root, but is that and the single target bonus for group pvp really relevant? I know i should form my own opinion and i think i have but just curious if any1 else sees the lightning storm as being all that great compared to fork?

I guess the other option is instead of having 5 into archmage i could lose 6% damage versus players and go 31 warlock 32 stormcaller but i still wouldn't have choke unless i lost 9% damage...i'd rather not lose that though

Rift Disciple

no help here? any1 who plays these specs?

Prophet of Telara

I prefer Lightning Storm because it hits up to 10 targets, where Forked Lightning can only hit 4. So when you use Electrified Field, it'll bounce off 10 people/mobs instead of 4.

It's also damages and applies electrified effects faster (1/sec, as opposed to 1/1.5 secs with Forked Lightning).

Rift Disciple

guess you have the gcd there too, so you think it's worth giving up choke and shield wall(essence) for it eh?

that leaves the other issue is the 9% damage from AM worth giving up to get those 2 instead

also with the field, you just channel it for 3 seconds then to get the 3 on everyone i would imagine? hm

decisions decisions

+ Reply to Thread