+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 pt dps worth it?

Telaran

Default 51 pt dps worth it?

For pve play, are ANY of the mage souls worth getting the full 51 pts? I have seen that Archon builds are worth it, but most seem to favor a split in souls....does anyone run successfully with a full 51 pt dps soul?

thanks

Soulwalker

51 Archon is the only Archon spec. 51 pt pyro isnt horrible, but its still pyro. 51 pt Necro is good. Your pet will never die, even the melee pet. And for short 2-3m expert fights it'll out dps any 3x/3x necro/lock spec. Mass Grave is crazy good, just a really long CD.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Talyesin View Post
    For pve play, are ANY of the mage souls worth getting the full 51 pts? I have seen that Archon builds are worth it, but most seem to favor a split in souls....does anyone run successfully with a full 51 pt dps soul?

thanks
    The following are the 51 point viable Mage Souls. Viable does not mean best, just that they can do it and its still as strong as the hybrid version.

1. Archon
    2. Chrolomancer
    3. Elementalist
    4. Pyromancer

I hear you can do lock an Necro too I just haven't seen anyone. The ele 51/13/2 ele/lock/dom is still a bit behind the Elecaller 34/32 build and the Stormcaller 32/ele23/Archon11 build, but the rotation is simpler and has less mana issues than the elecaller.

The following are horrible 51 point builds.

1. Stormcaller - Anything after 34 is brutal for pve 32 gives you static discharge 34 gives you Building Storm.

2. Dominator- I can't see anything past 10 being worth the pve investment.

3. Warlock - Just not strong enough after 34 points.
    Deathdoor of Tearfall - 5/51/10 Pyro/Archon/Dom, 33/33/0 Necro/Lock/Archon, 30/26/10 Lock/Chloro/Dom, 8/51/8 Chloro/Elementalist/Warlock

+ Reply to Thread