+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pyro.. what am i doing wrong?

Default Pyro.. what am i doing wrong?

I just starting messing around with pyro and have a few problems. Cant seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Been using it for instance dpsing and have a few problems.

I seem to stun myself at times. Even happens when i use a target dummy. Also the screen goes blurring at times, like my vision is messed up.

What skills make you do this to your self and is there any way to avoid it? the self stun is annoying.

Im using this macro in instances:

#show Fireball
    /suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flashfire
    cast Inferno
    cast Countdown
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Fireball

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezrik View Post
    I just starting messing around with pyro and have a few problems. Cant seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I seem to stun myself at times. Even happens when i use a target dummy. Also the screen goes blurring at times, like my vision is messed up.

What skills make you do this to your self and is there any way to avoid it? the self stun is annoying.

#show Fireball
    /suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flashfire
    cast Inferno
    cast Countdown
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Fireball

Thanks.
    Flashfire stuns the enemy for 5 seconds and you for 2 seconds. Read what your skills do before using them.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nezrik View Post

#show Flame Bolt
    /suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flashfire
    cast Inferno
    cast Countdown
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Fireball

Thanks.
    I would remove countdown from the macro and move it to its own locatioin.

Also, use #show Flame Bolt so you can better see the cooldown on it.

New macro should read:

#show Flame Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Inferno
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Fireball

Next to this macro I keep my Cinder Burst button so I can reach it better when I get a opp. or pyro armor proc.
    Countdown and Flashfire require timing and are situational, and therefore should have their own buttons.
    I also keep a separate Fireball button for when I do not want to spam Flame Bolt when wildfire procs. Many times the burst of landing a fireball and flame bolt at the same time is better than 3 flame bolts landing 1.5 seconds apart.
    Last edited by Hethroin; 04-04-2011 at 06:55 AM.

thanks alot. that makes alot of sense to me. I just started playing with fire yesterday.

Appreciate the info.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    I also keep a separate Fireball button for when I do not want to spam Flame Bolt when wildfire procs. Many times the burst of landing a fireball and flame bolt at the same time is better than 3 flame bolts landing 1.5 seconds apart.
    You pretty much never want to cast 3 flame bolts in a row in pve, should just take flame bolt off that macro to maximize your dps ( of course you will have to actually put flame bolt on a button and use it at the appropriate times) . If you are looking for a 2 button macro faceroll class, go with warrior or cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermispew View Post
    You pretty much never want to cast 3 flame bolts in a row in pve, should just take flame bolt off that macro...
    Which is why I made the macro for my pvp setup, and no I'm not sitting there pressing it over and over for-the-win without looking at anything else.

The macro most is used to drop a pvp target at below 30%, sense you get both inferno and bolt hitting the target at once.

Rift Disciple

what are you doing wrong?

u r using pyro for pve
    Lucifer<Aftermath> Briarcliff - best mage in the best guild on the best server...i also give the best bjs

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jillrabbit View Post
    what are you doing wrong?

u r using pyro for pve

Telaran

I dislike how pyro sucks for pve. I bought this game cuz i wanted to be a pyro. So in my late 20s i respecced from necrolock.to 22 necro8lock(for reconstruct) everything else in pyro. I havent looked back and im having more fun.

Rift Disciple

You can be whatever u want to be, BUT if you start doing higher end stuff like GS, ur guild is going to be checking damage meters and realize that you aren't as useful as the other mages.

I would love to be pyro, but it just isnt gonna happen for pve.
    Lucifer<Aftermath> Briarcliff - best mage in the best guild on the best server...i also give the best bjs

Soulwalker

Don't see why everyone says pyro sucks for pve. I've solo leveled to 33 as pyro with no problems at all.

Soulwalker

You guys are doing it wrong.

Im pyro/elementalist and i do fine dps both single target and aoe, but the aoe is alot better then the single target. People keep sayin sc/ele and neck/lock is so much better, thats just not what i see i have out parsed plenty of neck/lock and sc/ele even some with raid gear in T2 instances. So far i have only been beaten once by a sc/ele he did more dps then me both on aoe and single target.

Granted however pyro is not the best for single target, though i havent tried a full pyro build yet.

Seems to me like it comes down to alot more then what souls your running, looks as if its not enough to check a forum for best dps build and head into an instance. You actually gotta know what your doing!

Rift Disciple

boss - single target most of the time

32 Elem/31 Pyro/3 Archon .. my Greenscale DPS is right up there with everyone else.

1 more stupid question then i will go l2p.

Why do i lose about 10% of my total health when in a 51pyro/5Archon build?

I.E. my stat page shows health (estimated) 4041 in red on mouse oer will show like "4442 - 401 = 4041"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast