+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who would like to see a haste stat?

Shadowlander

Default Who would like to see a haste stat?

Would give doms something to gear for. Slight reduction of cast times and gcd by a very small amount

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Burgers View Post
    Would give doms something to gear for. Slight reduction of cast times and gcd by a very small amount
    They would have to retune a lot of abilities, or dmg to make haste work right, esp pyro and cholormancer.

1) Look how much dmg you do (if your pyro) w/ heat wave. Now if you could stack haste to cut your caste time and THEN use heat wave.....

2) Cholormancers are crazy hard to kill now as it is - give them haste stat and they can heal faster and thus be hard to kill.

While I was surprised to see there wasn't a haste stat in this game - it makes sense that there isn't one.

Adding one would not have positive consequences.

Shadowlander

the items with haste would obviously sacrifice crit focus or sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzzy View Post
    They would have to retune a lot of abilities, or dmg to make haste work right, esp pyro and cholormancer.

1) Look how much dmg you do (if your pyro) w/ heat wave. Now if you could stack haste to cut your caste time and THEN use heat wave.....

2) Cholormancers are crazy hard to kill now as it is - give them haste stat and they can heal faster and thus be hard to kill.

While I was surprised to see there wasn't a haste stat in this game - it makes sense that there isn't one.

Adding one would not have positive consequences.
    I wouldn't mind seeing a short-term: Long cooldown raid/group wide buff for something like Heatwave. But as a basic stat no, I don't want to see it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by LatsyrcMoy View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a short-term: Long cooldown raid/group wide buff for something like Heatwave. But as a basic stat no, I don't want to see it.
    Why not? I know trion would make it work

Champion

Doms have a temporary casting spell haste after casting a CC...
    On gear? no, that could get ridiculous really fast. Or it would involve them upping our cast times we got NOW, and making them normalized after you get 'cap' haste...

Making it work isn't the issue. Haste has just never felt right as a static stat. It has always felt as a temporary thing; Though I understand it's application in other games (TF2, Warcrack, etc.).

haste
       [heyst] Show IPA noun, verb, hast·ed, hast·ing.
    –noun
    swiftness of motion; speed; celerity: He performed his task with great haste. They felt the need for haste.
    urgent need of quick action; a hurry or rush: to be in haste to get ahead in the world.
    unnecessarily quick action; thoughtless, rash, or undue speed: Haste makes waste.
    Haste as a stat just feels weird, and will invariably tend towards the top stat for most everyone(not always bad, but not always good either).

Rift Disciple

Haste was impossible to balance effectively in WoW. It was singularly responsible for a large portion of problems in PvP (since spells became essentially uninterruptable if you stacked enough haste).

Shadowlander

I'd like to see more faster spell cast abilities incorporated into the skills trees.
    Eq2 warlock's Focused Casting for example, 15 secs of spell haste but roots you to the spot etc.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by grunz View Post
    Haste was impossible to balance effectively in WoW. It was singularly responsible for a large portion of problems in PvP (since spells became essentially uninterruptable if you stacked enough haste).
    Yes but that was made by blizzard. Of course it wasn't balanced correctly.

Ascendant

archons already buffs the whole raid castspeed, their own castspeed and gcd.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Telaran

Haste in city of heroes was ridiculous. Everyone and their mother had it. No please

Rift Disciple

I think a global cooldown haste stat would be awesome! Especially with toons that kill you so fast.

+ Reply to Thread