+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pyros are INSANELY overpowered!

Shadowlander

Default Pyros are INSANELY overpowered!

They are 2k hit UZI with 7k grenades making pre patch exploited SAB wett in there pants by the mighty pyro's killing spree.

Where do u pyros think the damage become OP? Tell me and dont be offtopic please.

This thread needs more QQ and pvp tears.

And no I am not a mage, I am a rogue (assassin) and even I kill pyro's occasionally.
    How about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Krits View Post

And no I am not a mage, I am a rogue (assassin) and even I kill pyro's occasionally.
    How about that.
    When they are AFK?
    Shut your pie hole!!!

How about that.
    Everybody kills a mage occasionally, Even I do it.

but the keyword here is occasionally, it means that even with build focused on killing mages we only manage to do it rarely.

And to be honest, there is something wrong with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by stavi82 View Post
    I imagine 95% of the people that complained about the difficulty of Rift use cheat codes in their Facebook games.

Quote Originally Posted by Izithel View Post
    Everybody kills a Pyro occasionally, Even I do it.

but the keyword here is occasionally, it means that even with build focused on killing pyros we only manage to do it rarely.

And to be honest, there is something wrong with that.
    Fixed for you.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Shield of Telara

Never played one. And probably won't. Kinda of a waste of time and money to learn Pyro combinations when you can be fairly certain that is will be over nerfed making it all invalid.

Yes,

But I'm so tired of all the whine and tears and qq and rage on these forums :<
    Everybody knows they are OP, even Trion does.
    Please stop crying

I want to see more threads about rainbows and lollypops!

Shadowlander

Yes,

But I'm so tired of all the whine and tears and qq and rage on these forums :<
    Everybody knows they are OP, even Trion does.
    Please stop crying

I want to see more threads about rainbows and lollypops!
    Bet u cried alot when sab did 1/3 your burst damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Silcan View Post
    Bet u cried alot when sab did 1/3 your burst damage.
    What a witty retort.

Doesn't mean you don't have a point it's just you don't have a point on purpose.

Everyone was whining when sabs did what they did, they defended it by saying they needed 3 to 6 seconds to build it up.
    Now the same thing happens with Mages, everye say they do to much burst and they defend by saying it takes 5 to 8 secconds to build it up.

The situation is nearly the same, except Mages take slightly longer, do more damage at the end and can't be played with just 2 buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by stavi82 View Post
    I imagine 95% of the people that complained about the difficulty of Rift use cheat codes in their Facebook games.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Izithel View Post
    What a witty retort.

Doesn't mean you don't have a point it's just you don't have a point on purpose.

Everyone was whining when sabs did what they did, they defended it by saying they needed 3 to 6 seconds to build it up.
    Now the same thing happens with Mages, everye say they do to much burst and they defend by saying it takes 5 to 8 secconds to build it up.

The situation is nearly the same, except Mages take slightly longer, do more damage at the end and can't be played with just 2 buttons.
    They are 10x more OP then SAB ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Silcan View Post
    They are 10x more OP then SAB ever was.
    Hrmm, I kill Pyros with my rogue and Cleric. I don't play a warrior but if I did I could probably do it on them too. My rogue is 50, Cleric is 46 and I have a Pyro (My first character back in Beta) that is 39.

Your statement is obviously and horribly wrong. Pyros aren't even on equal terms compared to what Sab's were pre 1.1. I could burst/kill anyone (except tanks) easily as a Sab. I could even out damage all but the best healers spamming heals on themselves and of course my energy was limitless.

As a Pyro I can't kill any primary healer (which is fine) and I'm usually dead from damage by the time I can kill a secondary type healer or I run OOM before I can eat through their heals. Yes the Pyro mana goes fast without using AoE's.

As a Sab I had a lot of ways to escape a bad situation (have a few on Pyro also, but not as good), had better physical mititigation and had a crap ton more health to help me survive.

Not sure if you play both Classes into the higher levels, but I have and I can say that Sabs were far superior to the current Pyros. What the whiners are complaining about are GoS making Pyros much more endurable than the class was meant to be and the fact that magic damage and SP gets huge gains from the WF damage buffs (and I believe there is an exploit that is stacking some damage buffs).

Your not ever going to see Pyros doing the high burst numbers people are posting on here without being fully buffed, red wings and most likely some bugs that need to be squashed that are giving crazy buff numbers.

Believe me, I've ate a few big Cinder Bursts on my rogue that hurt like hell and I was dead in quick order but I'm not crying about it. I go back at the Pyro and give him his just dues. That's the way it works. Pyro's damage should be the best in this game (Burst probably is, sustained is not) because they are by far the easiest to kill (I would argue that with GoS balanced they still are the easiest while standing on it). They are yummie targets for my Assassin build and my cleric laughs at them, unless they are really good players and then it can be tough to survive.
    Last edited by Tiberius1; 04-04-2011 at 05:56 AM.

Gotta lol at all the pyro QQers spamming class and mage forums day and night. There are some issues with GoS and additive math but that's about it.

O yeah and we mages have an ability that will make any healer or tank literally crumble in WF or GvG combat. Much more so than everything in the Pyro tree combined (bad math aside)
    Its 18 points in the Dominator tree and does 0 DPS
    Last edited by The Grixxitt; 04-04-2011 at 06:03 AM.
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius1 View Post
    Your statement is obviously and horribly wrong. Pyros aren't even on equal terms compared to what Sab's were pre 1.1. I could burst/kill anyone (except tanks) easily as a Sab. I could even out damage all but the best healers spamming heals on themselves and of course my energy was limitless.
    i never got 2 shotted by a sab.

a pyro mage hit me for 2191, 3405 non crit yesterday. they ARE more op than sabs ever were, at least a sab had to blow gcd's on planting charges that you could avoid or cleanse.

stun nuke nuke dead. much worse than sabs ever were.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oh, yeah, how dare we cite to something that is more accurate than Britannica.
    "Seebs, on Wikipedia's Accuracy"

Quote Originally Posted by The Grixxitt View Post
    cut
    Nice signature mate

Quote Originally Posted by Elewyth View Post
    i never got 2 shotted by a sab.

a pyro mage hit me for 2191, 3405 non crit yesterday. they ARE more op than sabs ever were, at least a sab had to blow gcd's on planting charges that you could avoid or cleanse.

stun nuke nuke dead. much worse than sabs ever were.
    those hits are made with the 100% sp buff, so it's normally op!
    We are op as chuck norris is, now go stack tons of valor
    Last edited by Torok; 04-04-2011 at 06:12 AM.
    Fremen
    dumbtard pyro bishotting you

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Torok View Post
    those hits are made with the 100% sp buff, so it's normally op!
    We are op as chuck norris is, now go stack tons of valor
    Maybe what they need to nerf is that Warfront buff. It causes the people to whine and complain. As for Pyros needing 4-5 secs to set up vs the Sabo's 5-6 secs. Fuminate, their highest instant spell, is a 51 pt spell and does around 2k dmg non crit with good gear. It has a 45 sec cool down. Cinderburst takes about 4 secs to cast and as you know, with any spell, if they are interrupted the spell doesn't go off. This spell does 1.5k dmg non crit with good gear. Those are the only two spells Pyros have that can do massive amount of dmg. Their other spells include fireball which does 800 dmg non crit and takes two secs to cast, Flamebolt which does 400 dmg non crit and is an instant with a cooldown and Inferno which does around 1k dmg and is an instant with a cooldown but can only be cast when the victim is at 30%.

As you can see, those high damages are from Pyros who have other dmg buffs stacked and using the warfront buff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast