+ Reply to Thread

Thread: necromancer caster pet

Shadowlander

Default necromancer caster pet

The discription of there spell says it apply debuffs like looming demise and necrotic dot
    But it does not do it at all ..can someone explain why the caster pet is so craptastic.
    It does not seem to be working as intended...

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by dolmar View Post
    The discription of there spell says it apply debuffs like looming demise and necrotic dot
    But it does not do it at all ..can someone explain why the caster pet is so craptastic.
    the description says the spell does extra damage/other stuffs IF corruption/looming demise is ALREADY on the target.

Actually it says that necrosis and looming demise if on the target will spread the other nearby targets...aka making it our aoe pet.

Soulwalker

The issue becomes that debuffs on an enemy only show up on your targeting window if you applied them, and for some reason the coding for our pets shows them as NOT us. If you turn on the scrolling damage and have Necrosis and Looming on your primary target AND have several stacks of death on the enemy, you will see the necrosis ticks on the other mobs when the spell bounces.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Khelbane View Post
    The issue becomes that debuffs on an enemy only show up on your targeting window if you applied them, and for some reason the coding for our pets shows them as NOT us. If you turn on the scrolling damage and have Necrosis and Looming on your primary target AND have several stacks of death on the enemy, you will see the necrosis ticks on the other mobs when the spell bounces.
    Thank you sir!
    BTW does our pet dmg show on warfront dmg charts?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gundrik View Post
    Actually it says that necrosis and looming demise if on the target will spread the other nearby targets...aka making it our aoe pet.
    So is that is really all it does? I just got it a few levels back. I only tried it out because just after summoning it, an invasion was hitting a nearby wardstone. After feigning death to drop all the aggro, I went back to my skeletal knight, and really haven't used anything else for PvE.

Plane Touched

I have not been terribly impressed with the caster anyway. If possible, in group I take the rouge. I use the caster if it's a fight where my pet will die quickly in melee range.

Rift Disciple

It is suppose to apply the DoTs on other enemies but I havne't seen this as well. It'd be a nice fix to see this applied to enemies.

It does, as said already, apply dots to enemies.

It just doesn't show you the dots in the debuff area of the target portrait.

You can, however, see the damage with the name (if you have that activated) going up above monsters in the aread near the main target, as a gray number that says Necrosis.

It works, it just doesn't show you explicitly.

Quote Originally Posted by dolmar View Post
    I thought that too until I turned on my parser... then I saw the pets' damage and which skills they were using...

A little kindness goes a long way.

Shadowlander

what spells does teh shadow revanant have and how do they work i have yet to look into the caster, but since melee gets destroyed alot i think it would be better to have this for range, but cant find the spells it has on the site

+ Reply to Thread