+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: level 50 pyro, rank 4, self buffed with +700 SP

Default level 50 pyro, rank 4, self buffed with +700 SP

So yeah, I'll make a video later to prove this (forgot to do it last night, and I'm working right now) but self buffed with all 3 points into overload (all the offensive stuff you can get for 15 points in archmage) and fulminate is critting for 3.4k. Hardly worth screaming over and spamming the boards considering mage squishiness and fulminates in herant drawbacks.

Now if only we could fix the math that allows the power ball to turn that into a rediculous number, I'd be happy.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    So yeah, I'll make a video later to prove this (forgot to do it last night, and I'm working right now) but self buffed with all 3 points into overload (all the offensive stuff you can get for 15 points in archmage) and fulminate is critting for 3.4k. Hardly worth screaming over and spamming the boards considering mage squishiness and fulminates in herant drawbacks.

Now if only we could fix the math that allows the power ball to turn that into a rediculous number, I'd be happy.
    Now go grab the Warfront 100% spell power buff and see what happens, Thats where most of the complaints come from regarding damage

Edit: i suppose i should read the whole thread before posting..
    Last edited by Kenshx; 04-03-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshx View Post
    Edit: i suppose i should read the whole thread before posting..
    Always wise.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Apparently there is a weapon stack exploit out as well, some pyros may be wearing multiple weapons and double dipping in spell power + the powerball to reach stupid high numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalysha View Post
    Apparently there is a weapon stack exploit out as well, some pyros may be wearing multiple weapons and double dipping in spell power + the powerball to reach stupid high numbers.
    I've heard of that actually, but have yet to see anyone doing it.

The real issue I've noticed recently is buff stacking. I dunno what Trion did, but things like deathly calling and electrocute are stacking when multiple mages are involved, as well as using heatwave to doublestack certain self buffs. I suspect that the stupidly high cinderburst crits people keep screenshotting are actually people exploiting heatwave to get Intensify elements x 2 + powerball.

Hopefully Trion fixes that eventually, before the FOTM mages catch on and exploit it.

Soulwalker

http://img829.imageshack.us/f/20110402124513.jpg/
    I'm r4 with 250 valor and I had full hp/no debuffs when it hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendon View Post
    Well, that's great..but..it's out of context. Can't see what buffs or stats the mage had, but for it to hit that hard he had some serious help.

I can't scream it loud enough or often enough, additive math = bad game design. 50% + 50% shouldn't equal 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Kendon View Post
    I believe that's why the OP is posting what he did. To debunk the myth that this is somehow normal, which it isn't.

No one is able to provide those kinds of numbers with evidence that mages do that normally. My Pyro at level 39 with runes on his gear, fully buffed and with the red wings can't even come close to one shotting another mage (the lowest HP class) with Cinder Burst. I might be able to get half health on another Pyro in the lower 30's.. might. Fulminate isn't that much better than Cinder Burst IMO, but I guess I'll see for myself when I hit 50 and test it out.

The funny thing is, if the people who post the 'I got 1 shotted' threads were to actually test the Pyro into the upper levels (including 50), not only would they realize those big numbers aren't happening without some kind of broken mechanic(s), but most of them would quit the class because of how easy they die.

The 'normal' damage a Pyro has is very much needed or else the class is useless because they die so quickly. I don't have GoS yet and I don't plan on becoming a turret.. however I can already see why Pyro's use GoS as a crutch. Without it you fold quicker than a flimsy paper bag in a wind storm.

Go try the Pyro (like I am) and get an educated understanding of the class before you post stupid numbers that have no supporting evidence that this is somehow normal.

Lastly, while I don't like my Rogue that much because I can't get the 'glass cannon' feel from them, at 50 I can tear a mage apart quickly unless they CC me and run away. So as crappy as everyone says the rogue damage is (and I agree with that for certain souls) that should give you an idea how squishy a Pyro is. If/when they buff rogue damage, the mage class will weep a little more.

Ascendant

considering mage squishiness
    Lol? Are we talking about the same game? Seriously I prefer hitting a 2h DPS speced warrior than a mage in GoS with or without a healer. And that is from a warrior's perspective......so go figure.

Fulminate damage is no problem. GoS survivability is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.

3.4K is the most you can do with fulminate?
    sure?
    SURE?

And even is that was true (not), 3.4K is a lot of damage for a instacast with lowish CD. Yes 45 sec is low.
    People are running around with 5K, so even with "only 3.4K" it's possible to Flamebolt+Fulminate+Inferno to instagib someone every 45 secs. Not cool.

Edit:
    mage squishiness
    I lol'd.
    Last edited by Kaladai; 04-04-2011 at 03:28 AM.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

wether people consider the big numbers normal or not there are clearly builds out there that are absolutely insane involving pyro. 7 times in 3 warfronts I have walked in to a pyro and been dead from the first hit, usually with a hit of 8K.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

3.4K I wish that I as Warrior when fully speccing into DPS and forgoing all forms of Migation and survivability could only get half of that dmg with crits.

Alas, apparently having 2% extra physical miggation due to plate makes me unfit for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by stavi82 View Post
    I imagine 95% of the people that complained about the difficulty of Rift use cheat codes in their Facebook games.

I play a mage. I agree that Pyro's are OP, but not to the extent of what people are claiming. If there are people exploiting mechanics, that's totally possible, but here is what I do.

I am in all T1 gear with PvP boots/gloves. Almost fully runed, ~700 SP. With only self buffs up, not in a GoP, my fulminate crits for 2.6k. Cinder burst for 2k. Inferno 1.2k. Fireball 900.

Personally, I think that the fulminate and cinder burst are high, but they are still plenty survivable.

It's when all the buffs start stacking that things get rediculous. I think that is what really needs to be fixed.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
    Lol? Are we talking about the same game? Seriously I prefer hitting a 2h DPS speced warrior than a mage in GoS with or without a healer. And that is from a warrior's perspective......so go figure.

Fulminate damage is no problem. GoS survivability is.

Yep pretty much this, my dd warrior can hit other dd warrior specs for more damage then a pyro on gos and its a pretty close call if you compare it to a full tank spec warrior.
    The damage reduction part of gos simply has to go and the anti cc should be changed to mezz, fear, stun, disorient only.

And well the red orb needs to be changed to something more sensible in general, its the main reason for most of the absurd numbers and cries for nerfs across all classes... something like 10% more damage and 10% damage redcution would be much better.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Izithel View Post
    3.4K I wish that I as Warrior when fully speccing into DPS and forgoing all forms of Migation and survivability could only get half of that dmg with crits.

Alas, apparently having 2% extra physical miggation due to plate makes me unfit for that.
    Mages do spell damage though, what does physical mitigation have to do with the damage that magic does? All of these reports of high damage and never once were people's resists mentioned. So how much damage would pyros do if their targets had high fire resist?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast