+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm loving my 1.1 mage :)

Rift Disciple

Default I'm loving my 1.1 mage :)

So, yesterday I played my mage for the first time since the patch... lvl 32, speced as 21 in elementalist for greater elemental pet, rest in Stormcaller.

First thing I notice, the pet now holds aggro like a champion, mobs are glued to it. So I start sending my pet to gather mobs, get them 3-4 in one place, start aoe rotation/heal pet as needed, BUM! Dead mobs all over.

I try single target DPS Ė usually 10-12 seconds, when I get lucky on crits, 7-8 seconds per equal level mob. Compared to standard 15-17 seconds before patch, this is fantastic.

Only downtime I have is when I have to heal the pet and revitalize at the end of the fight, which are both spells that require you to stand still, otherwise I'd be running towards new batch of mobs while doing it and make my aeo havoc even faster

I'm loving the change, its soooooooo much fun to play the aoe-beast, I sometimes get into some crazy situation when I'm not careful enough and somehow end up aggroing 6-7 mobs but using the pet and utility spells I have (shield, knock backs, transmogrify from 0 points dominator soul, freeze, root, etc.) I sometimes survive even in such situations.

Lvl 36 now, and canít wait for lvl 40 when Iíll have enough points to get the 31 points SC storm spell Ė that plus charged lightning field produces some crazy aoe DPS so I think Iíll have little trouble pulling 5-6 mobs on a regular basis...

Tnx Trion, fantastic job!

1.1 pretty much made mages playable and by proxy enjoyable. I'm quite happy with how things turned out. At level 50 I'd honestly like to see a bit more single target DPS, but there's still a little balancing that needs to be done at end game between us, warriors, and rogues especially. Some tweeks if you will.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Plane Touched

its good spec, but after a while it gets boring..
    Once you hit 50, it won't be that useful, thats what i found out..
    Could be depends on how you play it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by killthedesires View Post
    its good spec, but after a while it gets boring..
    Once you hit 50, it won't be that useful, thats what i found out..
    Could be depends on how you play it.
    Well, my experience is that regardless of the spec, or even the game for that matter, everything eventually becomes boring

So, surely some day I won't like this as much as I like it now, but right now it's pure fun. I never played a mage before in MMO's, was always melee type of character (did try mages but could never get accustomed to standing still and watching casting bar fill itself), but here I find mages very fun, especially Stormcaller because I find a challenge in pulling as many mobs as I can handle and walk away from it ;)

Lots of hour of fun ahead for me!

+ Reply to Thread