+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bloom uses Opportunity procs.

Telaran

Default Bloom uses Opportunity procs.

This isn't a question, this is a statement.

Talented bloom is instant.

Please fix this, it's really annoying to see opportunity, hit bloom to save the stupid dps standing in fire, then expecting an instant NY to top of tank only to... not have it.

i've noticed the way bloom is handled is strange.

at times in warfronts i have noticed my bloom has a cast time all of a sudden, as if cast time debuffs are causing it to not be instant cast. related i'm sure.

Shield of Telara

All spells that are not instant cast by default will consume opportunity.

This includes bloom, flourish and a pyromancer's armour'ed cinder burst (it will consume both procs at once).

Telaran

Opportunity is a 100% casting speed haste buff for your next cast. So when you cast Bloom, it only checks the base casting speed to see if it should drop or not.

This is sort of a bug, sort of not a bug. It's cheaper programming to just check the base rather than have to check every time you cast an ability to see if it's already instant cast.
    Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Dissolution on Nektulos for EverQuest II
    Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Confirmed on Unrest for EverQuest II

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Matheon View Post
    i've noticed the way bloom is handled is strange.

at times in warfronts i have noticed my bloom has a cast time all of a sudden, as if cast time debuffs are causing it to not be instant cast. related i'm sure.
    this is likely intended, seeing as how the talent reduces casttime by 2 secs, any debuff that increase the cast time above the 2 seconds will generate casttime on bloom.

And in reference to the OP, talented bloom is not instant per se, it only has a reduced casttime, hence comsuming bloom

Champion

I'm almost betting you this will consume on spells with a base casting time that is, instant...

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterDeath View Post
    I'm almost betting you this will consume on spells with a base casting time that is, instant...
    Nah its what Sakkath above said. If the base has a casting time that you can spec out of it will still eat the Opp Proc. I've personally noticed it with everything he said + insta-transmogrify.

Oddly enough I haven't noticed it with instant Burning Bonds. Will have to test later tonight.

Would also like to add that Opportunity doesn't show up on our Reactives bar like Pyro Armor and various other procs. Would like to see this fixed as its very easy to miss that yellow lettering in a heated battle.
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

Rift Disciple

A well-known bug. I reported it a couple of times already.

Rank 5

+ Reply to Thread