Cast Fireball

????

Profit

How to be a Warrior

Macro all your abilities to 1 button

Mash said button

????

Profit
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Telaran

Real warriors just press 1,2,3,4,5,6,etc.

But seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

Make GoP last for 10 seconds. Make it so people don't get crit for 2800 damage. That's silly.

another one of these from a warrior, really?! I pity you and wish you the best in finding a direction other than making incendiary threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrok View Post
    Real warriors just press 1,2,3,4,5,6,etc.

But seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

Make GoP last for 10 seconds. Make it so people don't get crit for 2800 damage. That's silly.
    Give mages a big 2 handed axe with int to strength stat conversion when meleeing AND plate armor with equal health pools. When this happens, then we can talk about GoS.
    Last edited by Charnyr; 04-03-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Telaran

Korrok is a mage.

Mages don't go down though. They have sick resistances and hardly take any damage.

Telaran

Good mages have great snares and roots. They have nearly 6K+ health pools.

They have great resistances.

Soulwalker

Default Hmm...gonna give the benefit of the doubt here...

I'm not sure if your post is intended to be funny, mocking, or QQ from the standpoint of another class....so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

To preface, I have a lvl 33 mage on Aedraxis and a 33 Rogue. No 50's. I make no claims on awesomeness. I like to think I do pretty decent damage. My parses have me averaging b/t 180-220 dps in Foul Cascade over the range of lvls 31-33. If that sucks, please let me know and, if you'd be so kind, add some constructive criticism to my cast rotation below. I've also included the macro's that I've been using.

Hope this helps someone.

Again...forgive any sillyness. I'm an idiot that is posting half asleep and rather tired. Again.

My current build at lvl 33:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zqI_.Vp0z.echc0ucuho

Self-Buffs: Burning Intellect & Pyromancer's armor

Withering Flames & Heat Wave are proc'd manually (on their own spot on the bar w/o a macro atm).

Above dps was reached without Interalize Charge being used really at all...My macro below didn't seem to work very well for triggering it. That's certainly a starting point for improving this.

Ensure the "Reactive Abilities" box is checked in interface options. I find this helps a lot.

#show Ground of Power
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Exposure
    cast Burning Shield
    cast Ground of Power

#show Internalize Charge
    cast Ice Shield
    cast Internalize Charge

#show Countdown
    cast Countdown
    cast Ignite

-- Main nuking macro
    #show Fireball
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Inferno
    cast Fireball

I start the fight with Ground of Power. Cast exposure on the mob. From here I mostly spam the nuking macro. If Pyromancer's armor proc's, cast Cinder Burst. Mana is an issue after a while so for non-instance bosses such as either event raids or raid instances, you'd probably want to use a more mana efficient build; however, I do intend to pick up Improved Smoldering Power. I think, at lvl 50, the mana issues will likely be cleared up. For instances I found I really wasn't using the Countdown macro. Perhaps I should have; however, it's damage seem negligible. I also had issues during the fight with the Ground of Power macro where I'd intend for Exposure to be cast, but instead Burning Shield would be and I'd lose my Ground of Power. I'm thinking Ground of Power might need to be moved to it's own spot on the bar or have one of these macro's revised to work it in better.

Anyhow...that's how I play my mage. Hope it helps.

+ Reply to Thread