+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One shot kill challenge - (without 100% dmg buff)

Rift Disciple

Default One shot kill challenge - (without 100% dmg buff)

So reading all these posts about mage one shot kills ,wondering if this would be even possible.So here is a shot of replicating this

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0xoAoz.McV0Vzc

16 pyro / 19 dom / 31 elem

cast sequence,
    instant transmogrify (50% dmg) - exposure (7% dmg)- intesify elements (50% dmg) - internalize charge (20% dmg) - cinderburst .A spellpower trinket would be handy here (another 100+ spellpower minimum)..
    Complete theorycraft, at work right now ..But wondering if anyone has tried this?
    Obviously this build would be a one hit wonder, not have any real value ,but would be nice to see a large hit and the ensuing tears it could cause...(wonder with the 100% warfront dmg buff ,this could be insane)

Disclaimer : Should this be capable ,please accept that the functionality of this class is determined by 1x 30second cooldown and in no way represents all mages

Umm, Mages walk around one-shotting everyone at will... even full groups cannot slow the mage down or have you missed all the QQ posts in these forums lately?

To hear the unwashed melee masses tell we we are in god-mode with power-up speed hacks capable of killing lesser players with a glance.

/end sarcasm

Shield of Telara

The other possibility is to dump dominator and get archmage for 15% damage, force crit and 30% crit bonus instead.

But who would really PvP in this build? It's terrible lol.

I think most of the 1 shots are coming from deep pyro + archmage. Nenvin's Lament to force a crit on someone. Possibly overload as well for bigger crits although that costs you fulminate.

And of course the 100% damage buff.
    Last edited by sakkath; 04-03-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Rift Disciple

or
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0xoAoz.McV0Vzz
    3 points in burning bright (0.6% x 18 points ) + (inferno) for a slower cast cinder burst
    18 pyro ,31 elem ,17 dom

Rift Disciple

Haha of course this is probably the worst team spec ,glass cannon ,30 second situational build possibly one could build..as a pvp spec ,51 pyro, 15 archamge is always going to go well witha fulminate crit..
    Just seeing if something outside the obvious was possible..Would be hillarious seeing this shouted- "Elemental summoners are OP" , or "nerf dominator damage"
    Where I am going with this is that you can make a build ,with enough experimentation to do one thing at the right time,right place very well...Is this OP, that is another issue..
    So back to the build ,any other suggestions or are we scraping the barrel here

Soulwalker

It's totally possible to break 5k on Cinder Burst without the damage ball, requires Prestige4 and hitting someone with 0 valour (they have valour it'll be mid 4k). pyro/dom/AM, Flame Bolt (for the 10% damage),squirell them, pop guaranteed crit, internalize power(assuming you have charge) and Cinder Burst them.

Grats on 1shotting most people.

Shield of Telara

I think you got it right. 50% squirrel, 50% intensify elements, 30% tempest, 10% ground of power, 5% fire armor, 20% internalize charge, 7% exposure, 125 spell power from the Codex trinket, cinder burst, hope for a crit. BOOM.

My PvE build is pyro/ele and my cinder burst crits with everything up have gone as high as 3750. With 50% from squirrel it would probably push it to 4.5k or so which might be enough to 1 shot someone squishy.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by sakkath View Post
    I think you got it right. 50% squirrel, 50% intensify elements, 30% tempest, 10% ground of power, 5% fire armor, 20% internalize charge, 7% exposure, 125 spell power from the Codex trinket, cinder burst, hope for a crit. BOOM.

My PvE build is pyro/ele and my cinder burst crits with everything up have gone as high as 3750. With 50% from squirrel it would probably push it to 4.5k or so which might be enough to 1 shot someone squishy.
    something squishy , hmm what has less that 4500 health and squishy = pyros out of Ground of strength

Rift Disciple

Ok tested this out on a rogue guildy,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GEnYHGdmqs

used a crit trinket instead of spellpower as I didn't have the patience to wait for a crit..So missing 130 odd ,but meh
    Got a 4632 as per video, will do for now

Go port of scion, wait sourcestone empowerment x10, cast flamebolt then nenvin lament take a lownie mage with low valor and see your 4800 fulminate oneshot!

51pyro 15am
    Last edited by Torok; 04-04-2011 at 06:18 AM.
    Fremen
    dumbtard pyro bishotting you

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Torok View Post
    Go port of scion, wait sourcestone empowerment x10, cast flamebolt then nenvin lament take a lownie mage with low valor and see your 4800 fulminate oneshot!

51pyro 15am
    Haha well thats going with the obvious...Wanted to see if it could be done without fulminate..without warfront buffs

+ Reply to Thread