Icicle
    Thunderbolt x 3
    Ice Sheer
    Icicle
    Cloudburst
    Thunderbolt
    Cloudburst

(apply Ice Sheer when needed)

I have a feeling im doing it wrong... only 500 DPS (with claims of 1k DPS single target I am pretty sure it's the wrong rotation)

Thanks in advance.
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mucro View Post
    can someone fill me in on what it is?

right now i'm doing

Icicle
    Thunderbolt x 3
    Ice Sheer
    Icicle
    Cloudburst
    Thunderbolt
    Cloudburst

(apply Ice Sheer when needed)

I have a feeling im doing it wrong... only 500 DPS (with claims of 1k DPS single target I am pretty sure it's the wrong rotation)

Thanks in advance.

I leave out that second Icicle and go straight to Cloudburst until the debuff wears off....then Electrocute to knock the mob/player back and rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalyis View Post
    I leave out that second Icicle and go straight to Cloudburst until the debuff wears off....then Electrocute to knock the mob/player back and rinse and repeat.
    You can't knockback bosses...
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Soulwalker

add lightning strike and use whenever sheer is active as well

Should use Icicle then Raging storm to get 3 stacks of electrify. Then Exposure, Shear. And use TB to refresh when RS is down. Then LS and CB spam. Refresh Shear, Exposure and electrifies with TB/RS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ennis View Post
    Should use Icicle then Raging storm to get 3 stacks of electrify. Then Exposure, Shear. And use TB to refresh when RS is down. Then LS and CB spam. Refresh Shear, Exposure and electrifies with TB/RS.
    didn't get exposure, raiding wise it's not needed
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Shadowlander

Why do you ask if you seem to know everything better?

Quote Originally Posted by Sototh View Post
    Why do you ask if you seem to know everything better?
    where did i claim i know everything better troll?
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Sword of Telara

Lightning Field, while not mana effective, is seemingly stronger of a spam spell.

As a level 50 who's been playing with this for a bit now, here's my 2 cents.

As an SC you have to maintain hypothermia and electrocute on the target, and with single target it's vital to keep ice shear up as well. You have to electrocute before you ice shear, and hypothermia only lasts 10 seconds vs 15 on elec/ice shear.

Hailstorm is usually the best way to get hypothermia on the target, because it keeps the timer refreshed while you put up the other buffs/debuffs. For single target, raging storm will be easier to apply electrocute. For a group, lighting storm. Once your charges are up (and you've ice sheared if necessary) just start spamming lightning field until the timer on the charges gets low. Use arctic blast or icicle to refresh hypo as appropriate and either thunderbolt or forked lightning to refresh electrocute.

This rotation is mana heavy, but if you're an elementalist it shouldn't matter. Fully charged, lightning field does more damage and does it faster than thunderbolt or lightning strike or even cloudburst, making all three of those spells highly situational and usually only good for filler when you screw up the rotation. Having said all this, you can basically forget macros. SC/ELE is not macro friendly
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    SC/ELE is not macro friendly
    Ain't that the truth?

I'm only lvl 37, but here's my single target rotation

Icicle (hypotermia)
    Raging Storm (3 electrifed)
    Ice Shear (debuff)
    Thunder Strike (from elementalist, improved with 3 points for 15% crit chance and damage)
    Couldburst (not needed if Thunder Strike crits, which it does over 50% of the time).

I have no need to refresh anything since target is usually dead by the time Icicle debuff wears off - and if it's not, then 1 or 2 cloudburst finish the job

Total time to off a mob from start of the Icicle cast is around 12 seconds, less if I get several crits in the rotation.

Now, i use earth elemental for tanking because I primarily look for opportunity to herd 3-4 mobs together and aoe them to death, I'm sure with Air or Water elemental single mobs would go down even faster - earth elemental hods aggro like crazy nowaday, but in the ways of damage is severely lacking (especially since I don't use chrystaline missiles so I dont buf it's damage - however, I prefer to relly to my spells for DPS anyway).

+ Reply to Thread