+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lvl 18 dominator pve rotation question?

Telaran

Default lvl 18 dominator pve rotation question?

Hi guys, I decided to roll a dom and I like it I went with SC and chloro as the two other souls. Is this ok and if not what souls are best to use with dom for leveling? Also Can anyone give me a spell rotation plz? I am so confused lol. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Artaniss View Post
    Hi guys, I decided to roll a dom and I like it I went with SC and chloro as the two other souls. Is this ok and if not what souls are best to use with dom for leveling? Also Can anyone give me a spell rotation plz? I am so confused lol. Thanks...
    Imagine that you're playing "keep away".

Your character is the ball. Your target is the person trying to get the ball.

Try to organize your spells in such a fashion that you keep the enemy away from your character as much as possible.

At level 18, you don't have too many options, but I would suggest a spell rotation that looks something like this for standard melee based enemies.

Prior to engaging the enemy, apply Radiant Spores then:
    1. Haunting Pain
    2. Storm Shackle before the first tick of Haunting Pain triggers
    3. Icicle
    4. Neural Prod while backing up
    5. If the snare from your icicle is going to wear off, reapply it
    6. If the enemy is closing to melee range, use Thunderblast
    7. If all else fails, pop Transmogrify and start the cycle over

Dom/Chloro/SC is a *very* solid build for leveling, if you know how to engage the different types of enemies and keep them at range or unable to act.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nevergone View Post
    Imagine that you're playing "keep away".

Your character is the ball. Your target is the person trying to get the ball.

Try to organize your spells in such a fashion that you keep the enemy away from your character as much as possible.

At level 18, you don't have too many options, but I would suggest a spell rotation that looks something like this for standard melee based enemies.

Prior to engaging the enemy, apply Radiant Spores then:
    1. Haunting Pain
    2. Storm Shackle before the first tick of Haunting Pain triggers
    3. Icicle
    4. Neural Prod while backing up
    5. If the snare from your icicle is going to wear off, reapply it
    6. If the enemy is closing to melee range, use Thunderblast
    7. If all else fails, pop Transmogrify and start the cycle over

Dom/Chloro/SC is a *very* solid build for leveling, if you know how to engage the different types of enemies and keep them at range or unable to act.
    Can you point me in the right direction for a build because I dont know how many points to put in dom sc etc. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Artaniss View Post
    Can you point me in the right direction for a build because I dont know how many points to put in dom sc etc. Thanks...
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRsy..gc00iz.x

Telaran

wow, what awesome fun, Thanks so much...
    1 more question Does the mana /downtime issue go away as I get higher? Seems on some mobs I burn through a lot of mana. Thanks...

Soulwalker

Transmogify a mob at full health, cast and channel Mana Wrench on it.

When you're done, go back to the above rotation.

Smile ^^

can you show me a lvl 50 make of thi build looking for a dom build but not sure of what to go with

Smile ^^

can you show me a lvl 50 make of thi build looking for a dom build but not sure of what to go with

Ascendant

If you want to level without too much work on the keep away part, Use a pet class. Dom/Necro or Dom/Elementalist works great.

Quote Originally Posted by ajnodanna View Post

Here you go.

At 50, you shouldn't need the Stormcaller soul to control enemies. I much prefer the Archon zero point abilities for the increase in statistics they give me.

Of course, if you wanted to maintain some amount of Stormcaller abilities, you could go with this build instead.

If you want to level without too much work on the keep away part, Use a pet class. Dom/Necro or Dom/Elementalist works great.
    Define "too much" work.

Once you get Storm Shackle + Haunting Pain + Death's Edict, keeping the enemy away from you becomes as easy as casting three abilities. Depending on the amount of health they have, you *may* have to use Thunder Blast, but I don't know if I would call that a lot of work.

The difference between playing a soul that has a pet and a Dominator without a pet is that you actually get some use out of Storm Shackle and your stuns, whereas with a pet you just let them maintain threat.

Smile thank you

Here you go.

At 50, you shouldn't need the Stormcaller soul to control enemies. I much prefer the Archon zero point abilities for the increase in statistics they give me.

Of course, if you wanted to maintain some amount of Stormcaller abilities, you could go with this build instead.

Define "too much" work.

Once you get Storm Shackle + Haunting Pain + Death's Edict, keeping the enemy away from you becomes as easy as casting three abilities. Depending on the amount of health they have, you *may* have to use Thunder Blast, but I don't know if I would call that a lot of work.

The difference between playing a soul that has a pet and a Dominator without a pet is that you actually get some use out of Storm Shackle and your stuns, whereas with a pet you just let them maintain threat.
    thenk you for your help It's my first dom o hoping to do good
    -M-

+ Reply to Thread