+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The OP Mage Builds?

Soulwalker

Default The OP Mage Builds?

So I'm about a 42 mage myself, leveled most of it as Chlora/Elem/Warlock. I was curious what other builds people had found that worked for quicker levelling. I can kill almost anything by myself, but it can take forever.

Also, what is the 'op mages' pvp build I hear so much whining about in Meridian now?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jancarius View Post

Also, what is the 'op mages' pvp build I hear so much whining about in Meridian now?
    Essentially, people insist on humping the legs of GoS mages in smaller scale fights while their heat wave is up instead of just LOSing/ranging them for its duration.

Also, some people get destroyed by Red Orb of Stupid Damage (WF powerfup) + dominator controlled opportunity + GoP + fulminate in one hit, then slam pictures of it all over the forums without stating the pretext of that 6k damage hit.

Soulwalker

Is Pyro/Dom > Pyro/Lock? I have Pyro/Lock/Archmage as my current pvp spec, with a second pvp spec based on SC/Dom/ARchmage

Quote Originally Posted by Jancarius View Post
    Is Pyro/Dom > Pyro/Lock? I have Pyro/Lock/Archmage as my current pvp spec, with a second pvp spec based on SC/Dom/ARchmage
    truly depends on your preferred playstyle. Some souls have more survivability which can be an issue at times.

Soulwalker

My current issue seems to be getting hit with stuns and then dying or being so badly wrecked during the stun that I can't fight back.

51 pyro 15 archmage 0 archon ftw.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Prophet of Telara

At 42 I had more fun and felt I contributed more to my team in 40-49 bracket as a warlock/chloromancer/archmage in WF's. PvE Necro/Warlock and Necro 22/ Pyro 32 worked well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fail View Post
    Also, some people get destroyed by Red Orb of Stupid Damage (WF powerfup) + dominator controlled opportunity + GoP + fulminate in one hit, then slam pictures of it all over the forums without stating the pretext of that 6k damage hit.
    So what, The same thing was done with Sabs and sometimes even with warriors.
    Their is always a build up to the big bang, everyone just chooses to ignore it.
    Quote Originally Posted by stavi82 View Post
    I imagine 95% of the people that complained about the difficulty of Rift use cheat codes in their Facebook games.

Thing is, "mages" aren't OP. Only Pyro's are. The rest are average at best.

Pyro's do need a nerf though. I am in T1 gear ATM, and when I can go 1k fireball>1k flame bolt>1k flame bolt>1k flame bolt>1k flame bolt>1.1k inferno all in the matter of about 8 seconds, thats a little dumb.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

+ Reply to Thread