+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Just One Thing About The Upcoming Mage Nerfs.

Telaran

Default Just One Thing About The Upcoming Mage Nerfs.

I'm overpowered. Yup, i get it, it's fine, it should be nerfed. Heck, my armor and spell damage like doubled.
    But please please don't go too far and send us into the realms of crapness once more.

While i actually don't want mages to be op, because too many mages is bad for overall server balance leading to more nerfs to get people to quit being a mage, you could just up say, the rogue's damage.

Then, you might be asking, the game would be even easier? But, here's an idea, they could just bump up mob damage to actually make it a challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by BigAndShiny View Post
    I'm overpowered. Yup, i get it, it's fine, it should be nerfed. Heck, my armor and spell damage like doubled.
    But please please don't go too far and send us into the realms of crapness once more.

While i actually don't want mages to be op, because too many mages is bad for overall server balance leading to more nerfs to get people to quit being a mage, you could just up say, the rogue's damage.

Then, you might be asking, the game would be even easier? But, here's an idea, they could just bump up mob damage to actually make it a challenge!
    7/10

Stopped reading at damage doubled. The base damage increase was a 4% increase for a geared 50.
    Last edited by Valamyr; 04-03-2011 at 11:55 AM.

I'm overpowered. Yup, i get it, it's fine, it should be nerfed.
    what upcoming mage nerfs?

A little kindness goes a long way.

General of Telara

i stopped reading after this. Damage doubled ?! what the hell, are you even playing a mage?

Rift Master

Its situational when I feel OP.
    Sometimes I'm fighting 3 mobs and my health is fine, so I pull another. Then I'm all, go me, I rock!
    Sometimes the wrong things resist that would have kept me alive and I drop faster than I can hit feign death. I was noticing this last night that I don't take full advantage of the skill because I'm so used to "pulling it off" that I surprise myself when I don't and say - blah should have feigned. The fact that I do die is proof that I'm not a wrecking ball just yet.

Lookout tho because now I have a necro/storm build and I can do all kinds of crazy stuff with that pet and my slows and stun in place schtick. That's only on pve tho, I don't think anyone feels OP in pvp unless they have a good team supporting. Those aren't that common to pugs so it's less likely to see someone say I'm op in pvp.

Nerfs schmurfs, they come and go. I wouldn't lie down and be quiet if I thought the class was unplayable but I'll also admit I think it's in a good place right now. I don't fear too much except elites and some of those I can manage if I try.
    Last edited by Fernt; 04-03-2011 at 12:49 PM.

General of Telara

i decided to dust off some char to see what the fuss is all about. I was really concentrated getting my rank in pvp and getting further in tier.

so i already knew the damage of the mage since i rerolled another one. I tried my 34 war, my 34 rogue and my 31 cleric that i got on guardian side.

The cleric was a justicar/shaman/warden : killing fairly quickly , able to take a couple of mobs, normal dps and everythign was going smooth but not crazy fast.

The rogue was assassin/riftstalker/bladedancer : same thing, i had to sap a target, jagged/puncture/final blow one and shadow assault for armor buff etc. etc. Was nice, some 400 damage on some attack not bad. If you calculate correctly, you can go mostly without having to wait and drink. If you make mistake though you can die from it.

The mage: since i tested raw dps, i decided to try a pyro build at this level. Highest crit was 800 within a circle of power on a lucky cindercrit. I had to take one by one, burning them fast. Have to make sure the ranged creature are unarmed because they hit me for 150 per bullet. I had to reconstruct often. I think the rogue and cleric was going more smooth. Again i could be a necro/lock and it wouldnt be a problem, i would do the same thing as above.

The warrior : Champion/paragon/warlord... I made a maccro for bloodthirst, frenzied strike , inescapable fury and turn the blade since they are all OFF the global cooldown. I bull rush stun the enemie, right there i keep spamming 1 and 2 and when about to die i unlesh my attack point. Sometime i just go and do a rush , debilitating strike, proper timing titan strike for 1k aoe stun... The warrior is like being a god mode (except for elite) My wife play an inquisitor/purifier, most of the time she dont even have time to cast a bolt of judgement (1.5sec cast) before i kill the enemy or he is around 10% life. I rolfstomp everything in a mere second. it take around 5 to 7 second kill a mob or 2 or 3 at the same time.

Now, there is two type of QQ going around. Mage are OP because... of GoS and because of their damage. Im sorry to say that but Warrior still parse way higher then mage in raid and dungeon often by 50% more damage. While questing with a warrior it is so easy it put my mage to shame, there is no way in hell i could kill enemies this easy and this fast. I almost never drink, enemies dont have time to hit me. Now for GoS i do agree, i hate this ability even if im a mage. I hope it will be gone and replace with something better.

So if you are a warrior and was crying about a lucky winged 100 charges GoP improved flame bolt fulminate crit then you know nothing about the game and you cry for nothing, youre class is way better then mine, in every aspect. If you crying about GoS , i agree 50% , the other is that you just prefer take youre time QQ then to find a way to kill a mage, he still only have 5000 hp and the reduction is just 30%, you can still kill the mage.

Telaran

hmm odd statement to make about damage being doubled, completely untrue.

anyways, from my humble observations id say rouge is OP in pvp and have a hard job in pve but do considerable dmg.

mages can do reasonable dmg in pvp but are insta squished which makes them near useless against any rouge. in pve we have an easy ride really but dont quite do as much dmg as we'd all like.

and so on ..

id hate to be in the balancing dept of any MMO really, can never make everyone happy.

recently i wonder why i even read the forums

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

Prophet of Telara

The armour increase really had a very small impact on me. I still die just as easily in pve. The damage increase as already stated is terrible for the spell coefficients so every T1+ geared mage has seen a very small damage increase while the newer 50's and below will have seen a slight bumb in damage.

Champion of Telara

Hopefully, the Devs realize that Mages do not need a nerf.

GoS has counters. If the average player can't learn to use the counters, perhaps the Devs will need to tone down GoS, but overall Mages do not need a nerf.

In fact, if Warrior dps stays the same, most Mage souls will need a dps buff.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    Hopefully, the Devs realize that Mages do not need a nerf.

GoS has counters. If the average player can't learn to use the counters, perhaps the Devs will need to tone down GoS, but overall Mages do not need a nerf.

In fact, if Warrior dps stays the same, most Mage souls will need a dps buff.
    GoS has no counter, where did you get that silly Idea?
    No CC works on them, not even the ones like Sergeants order that would pull you out, and dispelling is like doing the lottery, your lucky IF you Dispell GoS and not something else.
    Not to forget the ammount of passive miggation a mage can get.

Yeah, you can run away and LoS it but then your just defaulting the mage to a win in most Warfronts.
    Quote Originally Posted by stavi82 View Post
    I imagine 95% of the people that complained about the difficulty of Rift use cheat codes in their Facebook games.

re: PvE ONLY
    I was L30 when the 'fixes' came in as a Pyro/War/Arch. The outright damage bump was about 15-20% at best, less than that on the AoE's.

Where I noticed the biggest change was in what seemed like a near doubling of my in melee combat survivability. Before when something jumped me or added I would have a few seconds at best to Flicker, run and cross my finger in the useless hope that this time I might get away.
    Now the combination of improved damage, increased AC on cloth, Ashen Defense stacking, and reduced knockback on hits, has let me survive regularly with 2-3 mob pulls as long as I play smart.

Rift Chaser

I get it.

Let's see here...

I'm a Champion. You know I'm overpowered. I know I'm overpowered. So will all the reasonable people in this thread please join me in pleading with the Devs in tempering the the imminent nerf which we justly and rightly deserve (as any reasonable person will attest to), and just make it so my class requires at least SOME sort of skill.

:: ponders another 8th grade debate tactic ::

O yeah... the vast majority of successful PvP players agree as well that Champions should be nerfed
    Last edited by Stewy; 04-04-2011 at 04:40 AM.

Rift Disciple

Well I see that another thread about mages need nerfs. Please correct your statement. Mages over all are horrible. You want a nerf to one soul in the mage tree. I really don't care if they nerf Pyro's. I stopped playing Pyro after the patch.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ramea View Post
    recently i wonder why i even read the forums
    pure boredom I guess just like me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast