+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on open world PvP

Soulwalker

Default Question on open world PvP

Hi all, I'm a level 38 mage on a PvP server. I don't have especially great gear (I do the quests and dungeons as I level up). I'm finding that when I'm running around as a Necro/Lock (32/18) that I'm getting destroyed by rogues and warriors so quickly I might as well just take my hands off the keyboard. I don't even have time to get off a transmogrify half the time before I'm beaten into the ground. I've tried a Lock/Chloro and have not had great luck either. Any tips or spec suggestions on how to deal with being jumped and feeling utterly fragile? I'm rocking about 2800-3k health depending on spec/buffs. I've heard a lot of folks saying they do quite well in PvP, so I guess I'm obviously doing something wrong so input is appreciated.

Soulwalker

You are not doing anything wrong. Mages in a controlled warfront environment are able to sit baack and be the glass cannons they should be. In open world pvp, you either gank or get ganked. There is not a whole lot you can do besides trying to go a pvp build just to buy you time to run away. When I got to scarwood to quest and found I was getting ganked often, I switched to Pyro/ele/dom, this gave me flicker (blink) a snare which can be spec'd into so it does not break on dmg, transmo, and reduced stuns/silences on myself plus very nice damage while trying to quest and a pet for aggro. I almost always, even though I hated doing so, would flicker/snare/trans mount and run. My main is a 50 rogue and I was used to doing the ganking, but as a mage and alone, it is very very hard to not be the target to gank.

Rift Disciple

+ Reply to Thread